• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers 2 Players Are Organizing to Revert Negative Helldivers 2 Steam Reviews

Little Chicken Little Chicken right now:

nervous stressed out GIF by happydog
wow-computer.gif

Killjoy-NL

Aren't you the one who said Steam should ban the reviews complaining about the PSN account linking? That's rich coming from you.

Furthermore, there's a difference between voicing your opinion and spending your time shitting on a community. This dude pretty much does nothing but that. He's been here for three days bitching about the stance the Steam community took against Sony's practice as if they don't have the right to complain. He's also frequently in PC threads regarding games he doesn't even play just to shit on PC or PC gamers. Guy is a troll and he took an L. That's why he needs to STFU and move on. The community won despite their whining.
Just like everyone has been participating for the last few days.

And you keep saying "took an L", but what's the L exactly?

Btw, as long as people reply to me, I probably reply to them.
If it bothers you so much, put me on ignore.
This is just another example of how some of you are petty whiners and as I said, just like Woke and Cancel you just so hate.

Last edited:

hlm666

Now gta6 here we go rockstar launcher gtfo lol
They had a rockstar launcher with gta5, if you bought a retail copy or a key you had to register it with their own launcher. Had to buy it through steam if you wanted a steam copy although i'm unsure if that is still the case.

Fabieter

Aren't you the one who said Steam should ban the reviews complaining about the PSN account linking? That's rich coming from you.

Furthermore, there's a difference between voicing your opinion and spending your time shitting on a community. This dude pretty much does nothing but that. He's been here for three days bitching about the stance the Steam community took against Sony's practice as if they don't have the right to complain. He's also frequently in PC threads regarding games he doesn't even play just to shit on PC or PC gamers. Guy is a troll and he took an L. That's why he needs to STFU and move on. The community won despite their whining.

No i said they have something for review bombing which they do but it resolves around unrelated reviews.

This confirms my assumption that Helldivers fans are hive-minded basement dwellers. I bought the game when it came out but its community has always been kind of insufferable.
Nice way of saying: "Im an introvert and I don't fit in the game's active community. Its TOO active."
:p

Last edited:

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
This is just another example of how some of you are petty whiners and as I said, just like Woke and Cancel you just so hate.
And this is just another example of you being a disingenuous troll. I don't mind discussing anything with you but almost invariably, you use the topics as an excuse to shit on PC gaming or on PC gamers. It's almost never about the games or what surrounds them with you. Always excuses to go, "Hur hur hur, PC sucks."

Last edited:
And this is just another example of you being a disingenuous troll. I don't mind discussing anything with you but almost invariably, you use the topics as an excuse to shit on PC gaming or on PC gamers. It's almost never about the games or what surrounds them with you. Always excuses to go, "Hur hur hur, PC sucks."
He's trying to get under peoples skin for shits 'n giggles. Apparantly with you, it worked.

More of a Jester than a Troll... Makes me laugh.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
The PSN accounts are no doubt a linchpin of Sony's PC strategy and they can't afford to botch it any further or they will never get PC PSN accounts to be universally accepted.

Of course.

The message has been clearly sent that they need to enforce the account requirement from day#1 without exception, because they've seen what happens if they try to roll it back now. They still want the MAU, so its a battle won but the war will continue.

Like I said though, what this likely means is that they will accelerate their plans to reduce dependence on Steam as a distribution mechanism. Because make no mistake that's who they'll be blaming for the need to abort.

Killjoy-NL

What do you like me to discuss about this issue surrounding HD2 and PSN?

I don't care either way, because it doesn't change the game.

And the only reason you think I'm shitting on the PC community is because I'm pointing out what I see playing out in front of me.

It's just an account. Of all things to complain about.
Content is a much bigger issue.

Three

Man, you really take the grumpy cat larping seriously eh? You, Three and Fabiater need to take the L and go on with your lives.
Be a chad Sony fanboi like Ass of Can Whooping instead.
What L exactly did I take? That's the thing with you lot you don't have anything rational to say. It's about tribal Ls and Ws.

Three

And the horse dlc was just a dlc.
The problem that so many are just willfully ignoring is that this isn't the first account registration. So you say 'horse DLC' like it's the first. Meanwhile in reality gamers already failed to prevent account registrations and it has proliferated since 2019.

feynoob

The problem that so many are just willfully ignoring is that this isn't the first account registration. So you say 'horse DLC' like it's the first. Meanwhile in reality gamers already failed to prevent account registrations and it has proliferated since 2019.
Horse dlc happened because people ignored the sign and didn't fight.
Now you have EA who is abusing this model making billions.

If we don't fight back, these companies would go to a huge length to squeeze us.

It might be a simple account link, but soon it will be something that you don't like.

Imagine every SP game requiring an account to play.

rofif

Banned
They had a rockstar launcher with gta5, if you bought a retail copy or a key you had to register it with their own launcher. Had to buy it through steam if you wanted a steam copy although i'm unsure if that is still the case.

Yea. And they added rockstar launcher and login to gta4 10 years after I purchased it

Mithos

What I am wondering how will Valve react going forward when it comes to Sony games that mentions needing/requiring PSN accounts?
Will they block sales in all countries where you can not officially create one?

Three

Horse dlc happened because people ignored the sign and didn't fight.
Now you have EA who is abusing this model making billions.

If we don't fight back, these companies would go to a huge length to squeeze us.

It might be a simple account link, but soon it will be something that you don't like.

Imagine every SP game requiring an account to play.
Yeah I get that but the "horse armour moment" has passed 5 years ago when the likes of EA, MS, Bethesda, Ubisoft, etc did it without any fight back. It's like trying to claim you're fighting horse armour in the already mtx infested industry years later. As I said 3 days ago I do support people complaining about account logins :
These account requirements are all bad so I'm glad we're finally getting some people complaining but it's kind of funny to see the people who have happily signed up for other accounts without issue throwing a fit here.
I just find the outrage here surprising. I actually remember the community fighting those who didn't want to sign up for a free account saying it wasn't a big deal.

BlackTron

Not for most of the whiners.

I agree that people are applying this "victory" to the wrong circumstances, but it's impossible to separate the deluge of complaints from the reality that it broke the game. It is possible to be outraged at a change even if it doesn't personally affect you. I understand that for some people this is a foreign, bizarre and hard to understand concept, but it happens.

Topher

Gold Member
I agree that people are applying this "victory" to the wrong circumstances, but it's impossible to separate the deluge of complaints from the reality that it broke the game. It is possible to be outraged at a change even if it doesn't personally affect you. I understand that for some people this is a foreign, bizarre and hard to understand concept, but it happens.

I see this as a W for those affected certainly, not for me personally. But you are right that people can and sometimes should express concern over these things because next time it very well could be them. Agree with what StereoVsn StereoVsn has been saying that we should side with gamers before corporations.

Killjoy-NL

I'm indifferent towards the issue, but I can see why it would suck for those outside the PSN countries.
Arrowhead even stated that they were working for a solution for players from those countries.

That's why I'm not even sure why "us" PS players supposedly took an L.

It's a PC issue and basically a non-issue for PSN countries.

Killjoy-NL

I see this as a W for those affected certainly, not for me personally. But you are right that people can and sometimes should express concern over these things because next time it very well could be them. Agree with what StereoVsn StereoVsn has been saying that we should side with gamers before corporations.
So righteous of you.

Nobody was even defending Sony, just pointing out that it's nothing out of the ordinary and that this move was to be expected.

YCoCg

Yea. And they added rockstar launcher and login to gta4 10 years after I purchased it
For this one GTA4 actually required you to have a Social Club account AND GFWL, GFWL was dropped but Social Club was rebranded into Rockstar Launcher, so technically it's the same requirements still, they just overhauled one of them into a worse service.

Topher

Gold Member
So righteous of you.

Nobody was even defending Sony, just pointing out that it's nothing out of the ordinary and that this move was to be expected.

lol....I was speaking in principle. I didn't say a thing about anyone defending Sony, now did I?

Killjoy-NL

lol....I was speaking in principle. I didn't say a thing about anyone defending Sony, now did I?
Regard it as a "if the shoe fits" type comment then.

So people should sit down and let corpos pass honey in their asses?

If you don't complain my dude, you receive whatever the crap they decide to give you. I refuse to believe people are like that in their daily lives.
If you have multiple accounts for different publishers, just drop the charade.

Fight for one general account then, instead of cherrypicking.

Top Bottom