• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Helldivers looks like it will be part of March PS+ Lineup

Wonder if they will take Friendly Fire off. Remember people freaking out, but it made for a more tactical squad shooter cause you'd have to be wary of everyone's sight lines. I don't remember crouching or proning and shooting but maybe you could form some people to be standing and firing while others were prone and firing.

Yes. Though I sometimes wish I could throw my money at them.

Have you checked the developer's website? Lot of the time there's a donation box floating around somehwere.

Sony pays them. It's not a charity operation.

Not only are they paid, but getting the game out to a group of people for a single month can do wonders for the game's exposure. All the PS+ users talking about it may inspire non-plus users, future PS4 owners, and buyers on other platforms to get it. From my understanding, this was the original driving force behind PS+ free game deals behind the curtain when it was more focused on older games.

Moofers

I'm at work and can't load up the YouTubes, but what kind of game is this? Cooperative shooter can mean a lot of things. Is it like a Horde Mode kind of game? Anything more to it than an empty map, you, and the enemy? I love co-op stuff and would like to know more! I hadn't even heard of this game before today.

I'm at work and can't load up the YouTubes, but what kind of game is this? Cooperative shooter can mean a lot of things. Is it like a Horde Mode kind of game? Anything more to it than an empty map, you, and the enemy? I love co-op stuff and would like to know more! I hadn't even heard of this game before today.

Magicka with guns !

epaturun

best bit would be:

Coming exclusively to PS4™, PS3™, and PS Vita systems in 2014, HELLDIVERS™ features cross-play and cross-save.

Fbh

Never heard of the game.

From the trailer it looks like top down destiny with less grinding and more planets. Looks fun

drotahorror

i had fun with it they are making free maps dlc to not break the community

The community was broke from day 1. After every game it boots you from the lobby and makes you find a new one. I would have played it more had it not been for that.

That would be cool if Helldivers is free. I was gonna pick it up. Never heard of that White Night, but it looks sick.

Slixshot

Banned
YAY, although I would have liked to help out the devs a little more. I hope the compensation they received was a hefty sum.

Didn't see the thread about release date. Now I just need a release date on Drifter to be happy

If we're talking Hyper Light Drifter... I'm right there with ya. Hope it's soon!

YAAASSS

Fucking hype as shit! I've been planing to Day 1 this game since it was announced. This is the best kind of PS+ game - one I was going to buy.

D-VoN

Amazing, PS+ is on fire.

Giving away a (apparently) very hardcore game like this is kind of hilarious, but I selfishly REALLY appreciate it and had this as an instant buy for well over a year now.

No doubt. I've heard a lot of good things about Rouge Legacy. Started playing last night and it's really fun (and free).

Honome

Let us hope for the ability to buy additional planets or a new galaxy down the line. I'd certainly toss them some money for that.

The devs are paid for being a plus title as well

Exactly. And if the devs are smart enough they can release some good extra content to earn more cash. Resogun did that, i got the game on PLUS and loved it so much that bough the season pass for the 2 expansions, one of them is being released tomorrow.

Some GIFs

Firing Squad
helldivers_firing_squad_by_digi_matrix-d8hugip.gif

Mechs, why not?
helldivers_mech_by_digi_matrix-d8hugh6.gif

Accidental deaths
helldivers_accidental_death_by_digi_matrix-d8hugku.gif

Awesome news if true, been waiting for this since it was first announced I believe. I've spent way too much on games lately so getting it through PS+ will mean I can have it day one.

Yes. Though I sometimes wish I could throw my money at them.

You could wait a month for it to leave PS+ and buy it. Or make an alt PSN account and buy it on that.

If it is a PS+ offering, I wonder if that mean we'll be down two uniquie titles due to Helldivers being cross-buy across PS4, 3 and Vita...

No, one of this months games (Rogue Legacy) is cross-buy across all three and we still get 2 titles on each system (6 total). It will just count once as one of the three systems games, Rogue Legacy counted as a Vita game, but I think others in the past have been counted as PS4 or PS3.

OneUh8

Awesome news if true. Had all intentions of buying it anyway.

EDIT: Crap just read the above post :(. Oh well, will still buy!

Great, was already looking forward to this for quite a while.

/edit: ah not a ps+ game, well is it at least finally coming in march?

Top Bottom