• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hi-Fi RUSH is getting a physical release on both Xbox and PS5 through Limited Run Games

Hi-Fi Rush Twitter account reaffirmed that the LRG physical release is still happening and will not be impacted by the studio's shutdown.

ANNOUNCING HI-FI RUSH PHYSICAL EDITIONS
But the tour’s not over yet – we're excited to reveal that Hi-Fi RUSH is also collaborating with Limited Run Games to bring the game to your physical libraries!
LRG Logo StckPnk in-body

Available in multiple editions for both Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5, preorders for physical versions of Hi-Fi RUSH will be going live at a later date – check out Limited Run Games’ official website for more details!
It’s been an amazing year since Hi-Fi RUSH first came on stage, and we’re hyped to bring the music-amplified action to a new audience of players. Get ready to take the stage March 19 when Hi-Fi RUSH crowd dives onto PlayStation 5!

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

Making these games physically limited is even worse than just foing full digital
That will never be the case so long as delisting keeps happening for digital games. It’s why physical is still important because you never know when a developer will decide to pull something off a store and possibly never bring it back.

Besides it’s an open preorder so everyone gets a chance to get a copy if they want it.

Last edited:
I mentioned in the Pentiment thread that I hoped they would partner with someone like iam8bit or Fangamer, as they are good distributors of physical releases. However, if this is the best solution they've found for a physical release, then it is what it is

I'll probably grab them both if VGP stocks them since they're one of the retailers which make sizeable orders for LRG games.

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

I mentioned in the Pentiment thread that I hoped they would partner with someone like iam8bit or Fangamer, as they are good distributors of physical releases. However, if this is the best solution they've found for a physical release, then it is what it is

I'll probably grab them both if VGP stocks them since they're one of the retailers which make sizeable orders for LRG games.
Well so long as it’s not Strictly Limited. Their customer support is by far the worst out of any of them and if you can believe it they take way longer to ship anything compared to Limited Run.

Last edited:

Gambit2483

So they do this  after closing down Tango without ever giving them a chance to prove itself successful? And then through LRG of all options? 🤨

Who is running this company??

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Even worse, why not at least allow the game to release physically, through retail, before deciding Tango isn't worth it? Was there a time limit on when to lay them off?

It's not exactly a mass physical release, it's an LRG limited run. I don't think that was a factor, they didn't exactly let the game breath on the PS5 digitally either.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
So they do this  after closing down Tango without ever giving them a chance to prove itself successful? And then through LRG of all options? 🤨

Who is running this company??
A. A physical release through LRG ain’t gonna make a big impact on sales

B. You’re assuming that Tango got shuttered because Hi Fi Rush didn’t quite sell enough. I think it’s more like, MS doesn’t really give a shit about smaller scale games like this, they only want the big megaton cash cow titles. And if a smaller studio doesn’t have something on the schedule for FY25, MS would rather just shut them down and make their bottom line look better in the short term.

I'm going to ask the mods to close this thread since Draugoth made a separate one with the news about the physical release still being confirmed, along with the final patch.

Also, lesson learned. New news = new thread. :)

Last edited:

Gambit2483

It's not exactly a mass physical release, it's an LRG limited run. I don't think that was a factor, they didn't exactly let the game breath on the PS5 digitally either.
I meant they should have done a true retail release instead of LRG...and yes That's my point, they never gave this game a chance to actually sell before letting go of Tango.

Just bad decisions all around...

That's all I had to say

Top Bottom