• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

High on LIfe Steam sales skyrocket alongside PC Game Pass success

FYI post-game you can go back to the game world to explore and collect. There is a sequel bait segment (an achievement is tied to it as well) that only happens post-game, don't miss that !
I'm glad to hear this. I hit side stuff up when it presents itself but for the most part I just linear slog through these types of games to get to and from the next main mission, so being able to go back and explore is going to be a real treat.

KingT731

Bad take since it was the #1 best selling game on Steam as well, currently #2. It sounds like this is a good game that a lot of people really like.
Looking at the Steam best sellers right now and i don't think it takes much to hit the top.
oq1kDKz.png

FYI post-game you can go back to the game world to explore and collect. There is a sequel bait segment (an achievement is tied to it as well) that only happens post-game, don't miss that !

Nice. I beat it but haven’t started cleaning up achievements yet. I did warp to a planet post ending but noticed you don’t get Lezduit or whatever? Lame.

But it would be nice if they get a sequel and get a bigger budget.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Too bad this wont make the devs richer for it.

Why ? Game Pass deals are made different, some games get their development cost paid, some get a lump sum, some get residual amounts for # of downloads.

In either case, this is still selling well on Steam and it's up for sale on Xbox as well for those who want to keep it or don't have Game Pass.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Too bad this wont make the devs richer for it.
The devs are paid salary employees. Literally no games with a publisher enrich the devs directly.

The publisher got paid for the GP deal. And it appears they made the right call. A 61 MC game would have just bombed with very few willing to give it a chance, therefore no word of mouth buzz like it has now.

Last edited:

FBeeEye

Banned
This game is like the slightly overweight chick at last call that ends up being pretty decent in the sack.

Xboys still waiting for marriage material. Maybe in 2023. Or 2024 since Phil doesn't mind delaying games while he plays his Nintendo Switch.

Last edited:

JaksGhost

TikTok streaming has really helped elevate the AA/Indie game experience like Stray and High on Life from my observance over the weekend. No need for direct streams or expensive equipment just flip your phone camera around and go. I witnessed the same thing with Scorn where it was just random stream after stream of people playing live on my FYP.

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
Recently Rick and Morty showed at Half in the Bag, so I thought "they have to be on the cartoon", but still didn't happen. Then I saw this:

yep, my life is complete now

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
This game is like the slightly overweight chick at last call that ends up being pretty decent in the sack.

Xboys still waiting for marriage material. Maybe in 2023. Or 2024 since Phil doesn't mind delaying games while he plays his Nintendo Switch.
If I was married to God of war ragnarok or horizon forbidden west I would be out cheating with the girl you described and actually having a good time...

...more cushion for the pushing I guess!

Top Bottom