• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitbox.tv | Switch from Twitch

Lucumo

Now if only more people would use this service. For me, it runs much much smoother than Twitch (which is just terrible).

Raxious

One of the main issues i've heard from a lot of people is that they believe it's primarily East-European streamers that are on there. Also, the fact that YT is launching it's gaming platform soon isn't really helping either.

MaKTaiL

Next PS4 update will add Youtube Streaming. IMO any streaming service will be doomed after that. Youtube has servers all over the world already so streaming will be a much smoother experience for people like me (in Brazil).

gai_shain

Next PS4 update will add Youtube Streaming. IMO any streaming service will be doomed after that. Youtube has servers all over the world already so streaming will be a much smoother experience for people like me (in Brazil).

Well how much people realistically stream directly from their consoles, or rather how many people that actually get viewers (big streamer) use the ps4/xboxone streaming apps.

Raxious

Well how much people realistically stream directly from their consoles, or rather how many people that actually get viewers (big streamer) use the ps4/xboxone streaming apps.

quite a lot actually, hell i've seen plenty of ppl on Twitch who use the PS4 streaming app and have a sub button.

gai_shain

quite a lot actually, hell i've seen plenty of ppl on Twitch who use the PS4 streaming app and have a sub button.

Sub button is 3-500 viewers and a few thousand followers iirc (or something close to that). So that doesnt mean they are big streamers. I would be surprised if any of the people streaming from those apps were part of the biggest streamers that bring in most of the people for twitch.
And theres also Esports, but those dont care about a ps4 streaming app to youtube which is another discussion anyway.

e: Theres also the question if people think they can make more money on youtube compared to twitch and want to start over at all now

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
YouTube streaming has proven to me it's a good option, the improvements will make the difference, but in my experience in the past they've had the worst commenting system/organization/delay of any group.

I think it's good to have options, and I think streaming is still coming into its own and won't be fully 'established' until a few years from now, it's seen a lot of growth in the last year but the tail result, and developments are to be seen.

Hitbox has risen in popularity more in the last couple months, but it's a slow process. However, I like that they've been actively adding features and optimizing it and fixing technical things as the months have gone by, and that there's more added every month.

Lucumo

One of the main issues i've heard from a lot of people is that they believe it's primarily East-European streamers that are on there. Also, the fact that YT is launching it's gaming platform soon isn't really helping either.
Twitch has a lot of Russian and East-European streamers as well. I actually like them a lot since they stream cool games like Lineage II, Perfect World, UFO: Enemy Unknown and other old-school games. It's just a shame I can't understand them.

Too bad Youtube streaming is not available here due to reasons (though, it was like 3 years ago when I actually watched Broodwar there...). Makes no sense.

STEaMkb

A German website says PlayStation 4 users will soon have the ability to stream to Hitbox.tv.

"According to our information from a Hitbox employee, there are plans..."

Neben Twitch gibt es natürlich auch noch andere Streaming-Dienste auf denen Spieler ihre Games übertragen können. Bisher gibt es neben Twitch nur noch Ustream auf der Playstation 4.

Laut unseren Informationen eines Hitbox-Mitarbeiters gibt es derzeit Pläne für eine Umsetzung um den Streaming Dienst von Hitbox auch auf die Playstation 4 zu bringen. Ein Datum oder weitere Informationen konnten wir dem Mitarbeiter leider nicht entlocken. Man darf aber davon ausgehen, kommt Zeit kommen Ergebnisse. Es ist sicherlich auch eine rechtliche Geschichte seitens Sony selber.

So that is Twitch, YouTube Live, Ustream, Niconico and Hitbox.

Top Bottom