• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hitman Trailer (Sequel, PS4 has exclusive DLC, December 8, 2015)

KORNdoggy

The $60 pays for the full campaign that will release episodically. That's like saying people who bought into a Telltale pass should crucify them for only getting the first episode they paid for at launch.

the problem with hitman is you're putting a downpayment on content you don't know about. it's essentially a season pass for a game that's got half the content a $60 should have. i've never been a fan of that. the idea of pre-paying for maps that could very easily be terrible.

i'm so waiting for the physical "all in" release to see how it all turns out.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Can't comment on this, wasn't around adult-ish gaming at this time. Coming from later titles there are just so many undenyable bad game design decisions in there that I didn't find it enjoyable. The "checkpoint" system is even worse than Absolution. Sure it layed the foundation for later titles, it was groundbraking new at the time, and so on and so forth; that doesn't make it a good game however.

Well, yeah it does. Gaming standards have changed, so certain things it did that were in line with gaming conventions at the time seem archaic and frustrating now, whereas they weren't back then.

Well, yeah it does. Gaming standards have changed, so certain things it did that were in line with gaming conventions at the time seem archaic and frustrating now, whereas they weren't back then.

Not really. It has a bunch of terrible levels (the jungle missions, for instance), a shitty camera, bad controls and no mid-mission saves. It had a load of great ideas, which wouldn't really be properly realised until the sequel.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Not really. It has a bunch of terrible levels (the jungle missions, for instance), a shitty camera, bad controls and no mid-mission saves. It had a load of great ideas, which wouldn't really be properly realised until the sequel.

There aren't many games where every level is amazing. Is H:SA a bad game because of the no hit levels? Hell no.

I had no problems with the controls or camera at the time, at least no more than any other Hitman up to Absolution. None of those are bad games.

Mid-mission saves? Pffft, I'm a pro :)

It was a good game at the time. Good enough to spawn an enduring and iconic series of three sequels that continually bettered it (and one that missed the mark).

hichanbis

Banned
In Europe, the normal price for retail games is 69,99€ even digital games.
Sometimes a game is 10€ cheaper (Sony exclusives are usually around 59;99€ for example).

50€ is a very good price.

IO will reveal exactly what we'll be getting Day 1 shortly after Gamescom

“We will [announce what content is available day one] very soon after Gamescom,”...

... But I fully agree, before someone makes the commitment to buy the game they need to know what they’re getting. And that’s what we have to communicate in a very crystal clear way.”

Looks like we'll be seeing something from IO/Hitman on Saturday via IGN, so I expect this breakdown will come early next week.

Going to be a big make or break announcement for a lot of people.

Also, it's weird that they keep referring to it as "Hitman: Agent 47". Have they changed the name, I wonder?

Yeah, by "they" I meant that site, not IO. Should have made that clear.

The site is probably confusing it with the movie, which I'm pretty sure is called Hitman: Agent 47.

Moff

I was gonna buy it anyway, even with only 1 mission at start, but I am glad they finally announce it. they should have done so when they introduced the model.

New image from IO, looks like they've changed 47's face to look a bit older.

Also:
At Gamescom this year, we’ve been showing off a walkthrough of the “Showstopper” mission in Paris – a roughly 15 minute long presentation that shows off everything from disguises to infiltration, stealth and takedowns.

If you’re still at Gamescom, drop by the Square Enix booth in Hall 9 to see the presentation yourself, although you might also want to take along some provisions as the queue is quite substantial.

Or you could go hunting for the hidden mini-47 figurines that seem to have stealthily placed themselves around the Gamescom venue over these last few days. If you’re not at the show, we’ll be putting the gameplay presentation online in the coming weeks.

Top Bottom