• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeworld 3 devs banning players from Community Hub for complaining about Sweet Baby

Why would they call themselves “Sweet Baby”

spider-man-norman-osborn.gif

ZehDon

Why the fuck are those sickos involved on a space RTS game to begin with? Were the spaceships not diverse enough?
While the first Homeworld titles were a story of the civilisation itself, with the closest to a proper character being Karen Sajet - who was integrated into the mothership - Homeworld 3 apparently switches gears, and focuses on several new characters introduced in this entry. Fans of the series are apparently not happy with the new narrative direction.

Bkdk

These studios keep making awful decisions and the devs wonder why layoffs keep happening. The devs gotta smarten up and if they have to strike, they need to strike for getting rid of sweet baby and stop forcing ugly looking chars in game. Otherwise they will just lose their jobs anyway when sales are way below expectations.

Last edited:
what is it going to take for these morons to fucking learn that the vast majority of their revenue comes from sweaty nerds who hate shit like Sweet Baby Inc? But no, they double down and alienate their audience. It’s like they all want their own business to fail or something

There are very few serious writers in game studios (and films as well).
The ones that were there got driven out like Chris avellone of fallout 1 and 2. Thr women made shit up and did it for the r mee too social media clout he got a 7 figure payout, and they admited to lying but the devs won't hire him back because woke cult. It's so unreal. Other writers left long ago. I expect movies and music to suck too as boomers die and Gen x retires.

Klosshufvud

They completely ruined Homeworld with their new-age Marvelized storytelling and the fuckers are now banning fans. I feel like this shit is becoming routine in the western industry. Take old and beloved IP, destroy it completely and then blame fans for being sexists or whatever. It keeps happening. Who are even these people in game development? They seem to have a greater love for other hobbies, such as Netflix and twitter.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
These studios keep making awful decisions and the devs wonder why layoffs keep happening. The devs gotta smarten up and if they have to strike, they need to strike for getting rid of sweet baby
Oh my sweet baby summer child..

The devs ARE part of the problem too! Look at the quality of games coming out when they are in accordance with SBI..

The old guard have been given the boot and replaced with wet flannels who can't do their job properly..

Take Homeworld 3, no sub system destruction, why? Probably because they don't know how to do it like the original developers! They're pretenders, they latch onto I.P's, do a shit job, cry when it fails and call the customers ism's

Look at Hollywood, it's exactly the same!

Now, I'm left with a sore bum as I took my eye off the ball and bought this fucking thing 😑

Thankfully it wasn't full price. I went back to the originals with mods after playing 3. I forgot how fun they actually were, when they were made with devs who could do their fucking job properly!

Top Bottom