• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Homeworld 3 devs banning players from Community Hub for complaining about Sweet Baby

raduque

I am so pissed. Big fan of the Homeworld games here, I even have the Yes song in my daily playlist. I want to buy a 3d printer just so I can print the ships as display pieces.

I've been waiting so many years for this. I was let down by Deserts of Kharak, it was nowhere near as good as even Homeworld 2. The original Homeworld and Cataclysm are both the GOAT. I have physical copies of all 3 still.

I will not be buying this one. Probably won't even steal it.

Any details on the writing team for the VR game, Homeworld: Far Reaches?

ByWatterson

woke snl GIF

So interestingly there deleting stuff from there website like prior interviews about writing the narrative.

I remember these existing so went looking, so anyway for example

This interview was removed with Lin Joyce as seen here

So why remove it? Nothing really stands out, what has she worked on prior?

sCJYaRB.jpeg

Oh.... Oooooooooooh, jesus christ. Lead writer for new tales from the borderlands... oh god, I mean I think we have found our issue.

Also someone brought up prior, why do all these people have the same type of hair colour that screams for attention...

Yep...

xcXVYyK.jpeg

The funniest thing is she's 4/4 for games now where prior well received existing franchises have suddenly had her on staff and had writing criticised as awful compared to prior entries (I mean technically the base Borderlands 3 was ragged on without her, she only worked on one of its terrible equally criticised DLC's but they where looking for bad writers at that point).

So these types only fall upwards, so Naturally she will be director for something like Ghost of Tsushima 2 with a history like this.
The most insane part of it all is that these gaming companies are ok with hiring these lunatics. It’s as if they think the same exact way and are so fucked up in the head. The people who you hire represent your company and this shitshow of pink and purple haired weirdos seem to be everywhere anymore. The world has gone insane in many aspects and this is the proof.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. We'll sweet baby, yes, but not the casual dress baby. You know what I mean, I like dressing casual - ties fucking suck.

Ties are the invention of the devil, that's the only possible explanation. No human ever existed whose soul was so malignantly warped as to design an item of clothing expressly fashioned for the purpose of strangling oneself.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Correct me if I’m wrong, but Homeworld is a RTS where you control ships.

What did Sweet Baby do? Make a ship that identifies as a different class of ship?

I can’t see the post in the op so i can’t see what’s going on. Can someone re-up it or at least something that’s working?

raduque

Correct me if I’m wrong, but Homeworld is a RTS where you control ships.

What did Sweet Baby do? Make a ship that identifies as a different class of ship?
It makes for bad writing. They push for characters whose gender or racial identity is the only reason they exist. Making a character black to say there's a black character. Or a non-binary one, just to check off that box. Etc, etc. Instead of making well-rounded characters who simply happen to BE black, or simply are NB.

It's lazy and uninspired.

The most insane part of it all is that these gaming companies are ok with hiring these lunatics. It’s as if they think the same exact way and are so fucked up in the head. The people who you hire represent your company and this shitshow of pink and purple haired weirdos seem to be everywhere anymore. The world has gone insane in many aspects and this is the proof.
FID9nLaXIAM7L9G.jpg

diffusionx

Gold Member
It makes for bad writing. They push for characters whose gender or racial identity is the only reason they exist. Making a character black to say there's a black character. Or a non-binary one, just to check off that box. Etc, etc. Instead of making well-rounded characters who simply happen to BE black, or simply are NB.

It's lazy and uninspired.
It's not even about check boxes, although, as the Activision-Blizzard thing proved, they literally do have check boxes. I skimmed through the interview with that pink haired woman posted above and she goeso n and on about the stunning genius woman scientist they put in the game. And of course she is helped by the gruff and brave black guy.

At some point you can't help but roll your eyes at the incredible genius woman that a woman writer just happens to put in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom