• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT| The Land After Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best buyable armor? I don't want to wait for the OP shield weiver one.

It's all situational.

Situational yes, ideally you want to have all of purple armor modded with their respective mods. But for someone who has just amassed enough credits to buy one or two, I will highly recommend the Heavy protector armor. Add 2 + melee protection mods to it and you can mitigate a ton of damage.

HdOzRvU.jpg

As for elemental damage, the respective potions are very good in absorbing the damage. Ranged attacks can be dogged easily, but melee protection is something that will male your life very easy, especially while facing aggressive and in-your-face dinos.

Stealth armor is also good if you want to play that way, but personally I will recommend Heavy protector as the go-to armor for most situations.

Man, the collectibles are gonna be the most annoying trophy for me. Fast traveling is just gonna be load screens all day long. Ugh.

Not at all. Fast travel loading is the fastest I've experienced in any game, and you shouldn't be saving those for last. I found it way more enjoyable to pick them up as I discovered them on the map.

0racle

Situational yes, ideal you want to have all of purple armor modded with their respective mods. But for someone who has just amassed enough credits to buy one or two, I will highly recommend the Heavy protector armor. Add 2 + melee protection mods to it and you can mitigate a ton of damage.

As for elemental damage, the respective potions are very good in absorbing the damage. Ranged attacks can be dogged easily, but melee protection is something that will male your life very easy, especially while facing aggressive and in-your-face dinos.

Stealth armor is also good if you want to play that way, but personally I will recommend Heavy protector as the go-to armor for most situations.

Not at all. Fast travel loading is the fastest I've experienced in any game, and you shouldn't be saving those for last. I found it way more enjoyable to pick them up as I discovered them on the map.

Thanks ! Once I hit marridian, are all buyable armor sets available? Or should I play some more to unlock more?

LiK

I ignored them cuz I was more invested in the main story and sidequests. Now it'll be quite a chore. I'm playing on regular PS4 and sometimes loading for some areas takes a while.

Sai-kun

Banned
I got my third ever Platinum yesterday with this game! :D What a blast I had. I wanna go back and play just to upgrade my bow capacity a bit more and complete some errands/quests, but aside from that I'm pretty 'done' in terms of completion.

@Sunhi how do you get your gifs to look so fucking good man. is that on a ps4 pro?

It was excruciatingly long for me a lot of the time.

Do you have an ssd installed or something?

I'm on a regular PS4 and unless I'm loading from one side of the map to the far opposite side, loading never seems to be more than 30 seconds. I think the longest was a minute, once.

WITHE1982

Finally finished tonight and got the platinum. Simply a fantastic game from beginning to end. Took me around 60 hours and it really flew by.

I fell in love with the character of Aloy early on and now I've finished I rank her as one of the most refreshing & engrosing protagonists I've ever encountered. Ashly Burch has put in a career defining performance as the heroic Nora.

For anyone who may be on the fence on buying Horizon I couldn't recommend it highly enough. It'll take a very special game to beat this to my personal GOTY (as we all know Zelda will undoubtedly win the critics award).

Onto NieR now.

Xeteh

I ignored them cuz I was more invested in the main story and sidequests. Now it'll be quite a chore. I'm playing on regular PS4 and sometimes loading for some areas takes a while.

I played on the original PS4 as well and the only time loads were noticeably long was when going from one end of the map to the other. Otherwise it wasn't too bad.

It was excruciatingly long for me a lot of the time.

Do you have an ssd installed or something?

Nope, standard ps4 hard drive.

Load time from east corner to west corner was under a minute. Shorter distances, like 500m would barely take 10 seconds.

What are the differences between light medium and Heavy? Or is it just names and I should focus just on the stats?

Heavy ones have more mod slots.

Load times are super short for me and I'm playing on a standard PS4 as well.

The only load time that takes a while I've noticed is if I'm fast traveling to Meridian,.

eizarus

Banned
Just won my first fight with the bigass bird machine (forgot it's name). I would have gotten nowhere without the rope launcher. Tried it on a trampler later and I got cocky. Two seconds later the trampler breaks free and kicks my ass.

Standard PS4 here. The load times vary for me are sometimes are super quick and sometimes pretty long. I think it depends on the area you're fast traveling to. If the area is far away or has lot of things in it - it loads longer...not sure though

LiK

Picked up the OST on iTunes. Will be good tracks to listen to.

Load times are super short for me and I'm playing on a standard PS4 as well.

The only load time that takes a while I've noticed is if I'm fast traveling to Meridian,.

Meridian takes the longest for sure.

Krakin

Use harvest arrows it increases your chances of getting a fox skin.

Dumb question I'm relatively new to gaf and have yet to figure out how to quote multiple ppl, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello friend, I'll be glad to help :) If you're on mobile, you'll see a + next to the quotation marks and next to the quote link on the desktop version. Hit the + on the posts you want to add, then hit the quote link and you're set.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'm about 12 hours in. lvl 17. currently at the "Revenge of the Nora" quest.

the first few hours were fun but kinda not feeling it anymore. gonna stick with it though but maybe try focus on the main story a bit more.

Zakalwe

Banned
Nope, standard ps4 hard drive.

Load time from east corner to west corner was under a minute. Shorter distances, like 500m would barely take 10 seconds.

All I know is that when I needed it (over long distances) I used it, and it was noticeably long. It's definitely not the "fastest in any game".

Eep: that came across a little bitchy, wasn't intended R_B! <3

i'm about 12 hours in. lvl 17. currently at the "Revenge of the Nora" quest.

the first few hours were fun but kinda not feeling it anymore. gonna stick with it though but maybe try focus on the main story a bit more.

That's one of the worst quest of the game although I like Sona. It gets better when you leave the sacred lands. The story takes a back seat now for a while but it's for the best, once it grabs you again you won't be doing anything else.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
That's one of the worst quest of the game although I like Sona. It gets better when you leave the sacred lands. The story takes a back seat now for a while but it's for the best, once it grabs you again you won't be doing anything else.

good to know. i'm gonna stick with it anyway.

two things that are frustrating me is lack of inventory space and using the bomb sling. i get how you increase inventory but i can't seem to find the right stuff to upgrade it. i keep trying to kill wildlife but i guess the part doesn't always drop so need to keep trying. as for the sling i can't figure out how to get the machines to run in a certain direction. it feels like it's just down to pure luck. it was annoying during the hunting grounds because when i fired it i never knew which way they'd run.

Situational yes, ideally you want to have all of purple armor modded with their respective mods. But for someone who has just amassed enough credits to buy one or two, I will highly recommend the Heavy protector armor. Add 2 + melee protection mods to it and you can mitigate a ton of damage.

HdOzRvU.jpg

Fast travel loading I thought was a tad long, especially if your going all the way across the map

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I tend to do a spurt of main story, then a pause while I do seem side stuff and collectibles. I think I now have all the collectibles on the right half of the map, but I still don't have a full set of cups - I thought I'd at least finish the first set like that.

Going to do a couple of errands and then back to the main quest.

I did find something weird in the far
north east
section of the map but there doesn't appear to be a way in. Will that unlock later on?

Zakalwe

Banned
I did one of the cup quests and got
a tonne of junk
in the purple box... are all the collectable quest the same?

Also, is the
Power Armour
the only collectable item like that in the game aside from
the Lodge weapons
?

I did one of the cup quests and got
a tonne of junk
in the purple box... are all the collectable quest the same?

Also, is the
Power Armour
the only collectable item like that in the game aside from
the Lodge weapons
?

Yes to both. I only did the collectible stuff for the trophies.

Goldboy

Finally got this a couple days ago. Really enjoying it so far, my only real issue being that you can't use Spotify while playing for some reason.

GlamFM

Banned
PLATINUM!

Big deal for me - only my 3rd ever.

Overall an outstanding game. Loved every minute of it.

10/10 Masterpiece.

To be fair about the poster figuring you could swim underwater.

I was like lvl 40 until I realized you could fast travel at any spot. I thought it worked like the Witcher 3 with sign posts so I was running up to campfires before fast traveling lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom