• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Trailer (Guerrilla, post-apocalyptic pre-historic adventure)

Jb

Having the lead writer of New Vegas makes me excited for the story in a Guerrilla game for the first time.

TEH-CJ

Banned
this looks hilariously uninteresting. It's taking itself waaaay way too seriously for the concept. It's fuckin' robot dinosaurs.

If it were over-the-top and humorous I'd be all on board.

I am going to get a lot of hate for this. But I agree and I hate the main character...really despise many things about it that I wont get into.

Sorry guys. Do not mean to offend anyone.

BadWolf

this looks hilariously uninteresting. It's taking itself waaaay way too seriously for the concept. It's fuckin' robot dinosaurs.

If it was over the top and humorous then I wouldn't be giving nearly as much of a shit, tbh.

Looks epic.

I really liked the look of this right until the robot dinosaurs appeared.

Now I expect some terrible plot twist that sets this in the Killzone universe.

Oh man I really want to know if it's gonna be an open world rpg. I can only imagine exploring those lost cities and meeting other tribes. Would be amazing!

Blew my mind this demo. A tall order as it came directly after the re-reveal of my most anticipated game.

I actually couldn't believe it was in game, it looks like super high end PC tech demo stuff. Although obviously the stream hides lots of things that hurt IQ, but still, fantastic animation, gorgeous world design, Fx work, texture detail and lighting. Just wow at those visuals.

Concept looks mind-blowingly awesome. Anything with mechs and dinosaurs is always good - combine the two, it's a beautiful thing.

I loved the narration too, felt really immersive like a strong cinematic experience only applied to an open world RPG.

Really this is now one of my most wanted new games, the concept art had me excited but the trailer just floored me. If Sony markets this thing right they could have a really big franchise on there hands.

Elandyll

Banned
That looked amazing, and to think it's an "action adventure open world rpg"...
With the lead writter of New Vegas and some writers from CDPR...

Can't wait!

I was wondering though if Shinobi is around... Wasn't the Bend project further ahead and possibly ready for 2015?
I admit I was also hoping to see that one.

I might be the odd one out in this but the Horizon reveal for me was the highlight of the show.

Of course I am excited for everything but this is just incredible looking.

I am a fan of the Killzone but thank christ they shelved it for the near future.

I was wondering though if Shinobi is around... Wasn't the Bend project further ahead and possibly ready for 2015?
I admit I was also hoping to see that one.
Gamescom or PSX perhaps? This conference was already packed as is, adding anything else would just dull it's reveal and there's a whole 6 months of shows to do.

Why does it have to be over-the-top and humorous because of the robo-dinosaurs. What a linear way of thinking about a medium that is the complete opposite.

While all of the hype for Sony's E3 was primarily focused on The Last Guardian, FF7R, and Shenmue 3 (all deserving), this was the game which really got my attention and made me desire to own a PS4. I'm hoping we'll be seeing more of this game soon, as I'm really digging the idea of this game and so far, the execution looks great, too.

I am going to get a lot of hate for this. But I agree and I hate the main character...really despise many things about it that I wont get into.

Sorry guys. Do not mean to offend anyone.

If you dont like then just move on and don't comment with your subjective opinion on this game as that will offend so many who like this game. Share if there is something common which is not good and makes sense compared to what we have seen so far from all games.

Badgerst3

Graphics look fantastic and I love me bow mechanics but...

I personally just wished for regular Dino's. Mech Dino's kinda lost it for me.

To me the mech concept does not match the setting. Will be keeping an eye on.

But I agree and I hate the main character...

I guess not all characters can be as deep and interesting as:

image.php

AndyD

aka andydumi
Graphics look fantastic and I love me bow mechanics but...

I personally just wished for regular Dino's. Mech Dino's kinda lost it for me.

To me the mech concept does not match the setting. Will be keeping an eye on.

Maybe it's a "machines took over the world" story, so people have reverted to tribes and caves to fight the machines. Like a Terminator type world.

That said, it looks great. Why was she collecting those tanks in the beginning? Will we see crafting? I hope so.

Red Hood

Banned
I really liked the look of this right until the robot dinosaurs appeared.

Now I expect some terrible plot twist that sets this in the Killzone universe.

They pretty much already did that. Well, not specifically Killzone, but definitely a rather futuristic setting that went to shit and nature reclaimed territory. And now, a fuck ton of time has passed and new (ironically primitive looking) civilizations have emerged.

I think it's only cool if they (subtly) tied it, like, a few journal or something you can find if you explore around that very vaguely hint to the Killzone universe. Would be a cool easteregg.

Garlador

In an E3 filled with Earthbound, Final Fantasy 7 remake, The Last Guardian, and Shenmue III, it still impresses me that THIS game managed to become my game of the show.

Business

They pretty much already did that. Well, not specifically Killzone, but definitely a rather futuristic setting that went to shit and nature reclaimed territory. And now, a fuck ton of time has passed and new (ironically primitive looking) civilizations have emerged.

I think it's only cool if they (subtly) tied it, like, a few journal or something you can find if you explore around that very vaguely hint to the Killzone universe. Would be a cool easteregg.

I really hope they keep this away from Killzone. Killzone had an amazing universe but they fucked up so bad the story with 3 and SF that I don't know if I want a new Killzone at all and I sure don't want that universe to somehow condition this new one.

Doomshine

I said it last night and got no bite, but I’m tellin you, the fallen civilization looks like Vekta…

What if… this is an entirely new IP that still exists in the KZ world. Vekta/Helgahn are long gone, and have been for 10’s of thousands of years… but what’s followed the fall of their great civilization is the mecha dino, and the tribal humanity that struggles to survive. GG even teased Horizon on the facebook using concept art for Vekta.
I thought this too as they panned over the city and even some of the dinosaurs reminded me of Killzone robots and vehichles.

Fury451

Banned
This was by far the surprise of the show to me, which considering what was revealed so far is a pretty substantial statement. I'm not quite sure if I'm completely sold on it yet but I'm definitely interested in what they have to offer. It's certainly something unique.

Top Bottom