• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon: Zero Dawn Trailer (Guerrilla, post-apocalyptic pre-historic adventure)

Gameplay reveal looks excellent. Got a bit of a Dragons Dogma vibe to the whole thing which is good.

I am in Love with the premise. Such a cool idea.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Protag reminded me of:

Ygritte_3x10.jpg

That's a good thing, 'cause Ygritte is cool and all. :)

GodofWine

In the future, there is the past, and in the future the distant past comes back in future form to attack the future, that is like the past...will the future succeed in discovering why the future became the past, or will the distant futuristic past eliminate the future!!!

I'm in

Loudninja

Sounds great.
We’re thrilled to introduce our brand-new third-person action RPG, Horizon Zero Dawn! Watch the trailer above to catch your first glimpse of the game!

Horizon Zero Dawn is set in a lush, beautiful open world where nature has reclaimed the ruins of a forgotten civilization. It is a world where mankind is not the dominant species, and highly advanced machines sit at the top of the food chain. You play as Aloy, a young outcast from a tribal society, who has learned to hunt the machines. Intent on unraveling the many mysteries that surround her, Aloy embarks on a quest that will lead her to discover her own destiny.

Along the way, Aloy will face off against an entire menagerie of machines – some traveling in herds, others roaming in solitude, all of them presenting a formidable danger. You will need to learn their behaviors, attack patterns and weak points in order to survive. You must use the beautiful environments to your advantage, and employ stealth, agility, and cunning to approach your prey unseen.
Of course, you won’t be hunting unarmed in Horizon Zero Dawn. Aloy is capable of combining natural materials with machine parts to turn them into ingenious weapons, ammunition, traps, and tools. By cleverly using the right items at the right moment, you can exploit weak points and bring down even the largest machines. Unfortunately, the most dangerous machines aren’t necessarily the biggest…

Horizon Zero Dawn is scheduled for a 2016 release, and we’ll have additional details for you in the coming months.
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...id=610643804605972481&adbpl=tw&adbpr=36969785

USC-fan

Banned
This game looks so good. but it got over shadowed by everything else.

In a normal year this could be the best game at the conference.

Boss Man

This was probably my favorite reveal at Sony's conference. This game looks stunning. So glad to see GG on something else. I hope they leave Killzone as a universe for other teams to pursue in different ways.

Jobbs

Banned
After Ubisoft's conference of soldier games and soldiers and modern guns and mercenaries and more soldiers and drug dealers and shooting and modern settings and...

Seeing this was like salvation. Robot fucking dinosaurs. Female protagonist. Fantasy weaponry. An actual creative setting.

This is my game of the show. I want it so bad. Bloody incredible.

IKizzLE

Hunger Games + Jurassic World = Horizon.
Thank FUCK they aren't making another killzone. This, more of this please.

2016 confirmed greatest gaming year in history

SFV, TLG, Uncharted 4, ratchet and clank, Horizon, Dream, etc etc. can't handle all this insanity

pastrami

Love the art, the character design, the enemy design, gorgeous graphics, and awesome looking gameplay. Easily my most anticipated game now.

Swag

Love the art style of the Robosaures, the main character, the weapons, really impressed with this showing.

Game of E3 for me. I'm more excited for this than Fallout 4.

Also, I can't believe something this good was shown, and yet it's no where near the biggest news at the show. What a fucking conference.

I was not expecting to look so good graphically and fun. This..........must be A LOT of ne people at Guerilla Games since it's WAY different than Killzone.

OMG!!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Concur with game of show.

This is what happens when you lead rather than follow.

Illucio

Banned
I so want this, looks like Sony's Legend of Zelda.

Please tell me I wasn't the only person who saw the resemblance with Zelda U and Princess Mononoke setting of Nature vs Machine.

Top Bottom