• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Intelligence Committee open hearing into Russia links 'cancelled'

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingV

Seth Abrahamson is increasingly finding himself in my "disregard" list. He shows a consistent habit of exaggerating and reading into statements to mean concrete things beyond what the speaker actually said.

He isn't a reliable source. He wrote an article a few years back about how reporters should make up articles. And he appears to do that, at least sometimes.

In some ways it's better that Trump got elected. This is real history right here guys. Too bad about the impact of his shit and republican shit but he can't get shit done anyway.

5s4kkZ1.gif

Tick tock tick tock

It's not just Seth

jester actual had said it definitively (Flynn flipped)
And rogue wh snr advisor did too
And Flynn spokesperson has said no comment instead of "no".

Sharpeye

Seems like a last ditch effort to cover their asses, if Flynn talked than they know its only a matter of time before the end.

Madness

It seems really wrong that the administration being investigated can cancel the investigation hearing of itself.

Even as much of a farce as it was, hillary stood at the podium for hours over much less. This just makes everything look even more suspicious.

Just shows the checks and balances everyone always believed existed could be manipulated. You are seeing the true veil of American democracy be diminished by the first authoritarian administration in a long time. The US will never be the same after this. There is no coming back. No bipartisanship even if Trump gone in 4 years. Democrats will not be able to work with these kinds of people on the right, right now. So much for God and Country. It is all about their own asses at this point.

baby I like where this is going
Don't discount the possibility this will be isolated for the "good of the country" to just flynn and a few others. No checking into what trump said or knew regarding Russian quid pro quo no checking into kushners empire or bribes paid in china no disclosure of tax returns no rosneft unmasking..

NYT reporter on CNN wants a 9/11 commission styled commission to look into this nonsense because Nunes fucked his intel panel. There's zero chance Trump will ask for a commission to look into this.

Trump would have nothing to do with the creation or actions of a special commission. That is completely up to Congress. Democrats would need to create enough political pressure to peel off enough Republicans to get it done.

Retro

Trump throws temper tantrums and shifts blame constantly, to the point that people question his mental health. He can't inspire much loyalty in anyone but the idiots who voted for him. Flynn can see the bus they're trying to throw him under from a mile away at this point, so it's no surprise he'd flip for the FBI.

Every day we get one step closer to "Trump will die in prison" becoming a reality.

Betty

Banned
Trump's blunders and failures as President plus the Russia story refusing to die feels like the clouds have cleared and we've emerged from the long darkness that began last November.

Feels good.

Retro

Do people in the US who rat on Russia wind up dead?

Ya know, I wouldn't be surprised if Flynn ends up dead at this point, we've already crossed so many lines as we sprint towards authoritarianism that we might as well add political assassination to the list.

Trump would have nothing to do with the creation or actions of a special commission. That is completely up to Congress. Democrats would need to create enough political pressure to peel off enough Republicans to get it done.
Oh. I thought Bush created the 9/11 commission and Reagan created the Tower commission?

Oh. I thought Bush created the 9/11 commission and Reagan created the Tower commission?

I should clarify I just rechecked myself, the President can create Commissions, but the Congress can as well. If the Congress wants a Commission, the President can't do block it. Congress can also create a select Committee if they wanted as well.

Trump's blunders and failures as President plus the Russia story refusing to die feels like the clouds have cleared and we've emerged from the long darkness that began last November.

Feels good.

I demand a Betty "sad Trump" video. I will accept Nunes.

On topic this is crazy.

GutsOfThor

Feels good.

It won't feel good until that shitbag and his cronies are out of the office entirely.

Surfinn

I wonder if Schiff was referring to Flynn flipping when he was talking about more than circumstantial evidence. About something you'd provide to a grand jury.

YourMaster

Just shows the checks and balances everyone always believed existed could be manipulated. You are seeing the true veil of American democracy be diminished by the first authoritarian administration in a long time.

I'm sure it's not 'everybody' that believed in checks and balances, it is well known that the US has many democratic deficits. I know there truly are people who say 'Land of the free, home of the brave' unironically, but most people know the US still even haven't managed to get 'one man, one vote' correct, and I think many people have herd of the term 'gerrymandering' as well.
You think it is a coincidence that whenever the US 'bring democracy' to some country they implement a system completely unlike the one they have? It is because it's well known that the US system - which includes winner takes all - is very, very vulnerable susceptible to be taken over by those in power.

rambis

Banned
What makes you say that

A reputable FBI leak might happen. Doubtful, but possible.

Unless that happens we won't know until the FBI drops a bomb on Trump.

This administration is leakier than a colander bathtub. Someone in Langley would leak it for sure.
For all we know, this is someone in the FBI leaking this. There's absolutely nobody else who should know about this at this point.

You're definitely not going to hear this being confirmed by anybody involved in the investigation until its time to go public again which could be months from now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Flipping Flynn is something I will be cautious about until actual confirmation. Not leaks, but either him going public, or the feds confirming.

hunchback

I have a question. Who has the power to kick Nunes off the IC he heads with Schiff? Can the members of the committee vote to have him removed?

If he is removed, can he then be investigated like everyone else? He needs to go. He has a face that screams, Punch Me.

I have a question. Who has the power to kick Nunes off the IC he heads with Schiff? Can the members of the committee vote to have him removed?

If he is removed, can he then be investigated like everyone else? He needs to go. He has a face that screams, Punch Me.

It's Paul Ryan's call.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
So, the general consensus or belief is that Nunes was giving the WH a heads-up about Flynn when he raced over there? This is so crazy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom