• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House Intelligence Committee open hearing into Russia links 'cancelled'

Status
Not open for further replies.

jelly

So, the general consensus or belief is that Nunes was giving the WH a heads-up about Flynn when he raced over there? This is so crazy!

That may be possible.

So, flipping Flynn means he is under arrest and in some FBI building divulging all he knows?

I hope something leads to Trump but he is such a slippery bastard his whole life.

Why would the Feds ever confirm flipping someone? You expecting a press release?

It will only be confirmed if and when the FBI cites Flynn's information when they press charges. The FBI could leak it earlier than that if they thought that having that information public might place necessary pressure on others.

So, the general consensus or belief is that Nunes was giving the WH a heads-up about Flynn when he raced over there? This is so crazy!

Giving a heads up or getting their stories straight.

Flynn is the most likely to be picked up first given all the foreign ties he's hidden. All they'd need to do is get a copy of his security clearance forms. I'm sure he has 100% honest on those like he was on everything else.

Kifimbo

Flynn is the most likely to be picked up first given all the foreign ties he's hidden. All they'd need to do is get a copy of his security clearance forms. I'm sure he has 100% honest on those like he was on everything else.

I also think he has a military retirement pension, which he might be eager to keep.

His son Junior is still tweeting btw.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
I'm just making assumptions from what I've been reading - after Nunes went full crazy, gave Trump a heads up about <something> without informing the Commission, cancelled a Commission meeting and now this rumour about Flynn comes up. Pure conjecture.

Chumley

Banned

Nunes heard that the FBI had flipped Flynn or was in the process of doing so, and his little visit to Trump that blew him up politically was actually to inform him of this so that he could prepare for it.

Makes sense to me. Everyone has been saying "What the fuck could motivate Nunes to destroy himself like that?" and all roads lead to one of the few things someone would risk their own career for: trying to avoid prison.

Every bizarre and crazy thing that has happened with Trump and everyone close to him makes sense in that light. I've believed since summer of last year that this is where it all leads, just a matter of time for the truth to come out.

I should clarify I just rechecked myself, the President can create Commissions, but the Congress can as well. If the Congress wants a Commission, the President can't do block it. Congress can also create a select Committee if they wanted as well.
Ah makes sense. If GOP fucks the pooch on this, it should be a rallying cry in 2018 for the dems. And from the looks of Townhalls last break, the momentum is there.

jelly

giphy.gif

HotHamBoy

Nunes heard that the FBI had flipped Flynn or was in the process of doing so, and his little visit to Trump that blew him up politically was actually to inform him of this so that he could prepare for it.

Makes sense to me. Everyone has been saying "What the fuck could motivate Nunes to destroy himself like that?" and all roads lead to one of the few things someone would risk their own career for: trying to avoid prison.

Every bizarre and crazy thing that has happened with Trump and everyone close to him makes sense in that light. I've believed since summer of last year that this is where it all leads, just a matter of time for the truth to come out.

This would also explain the alleged WH mandate for staff to purge their phones in anticipation of a subpoena.

That's some risky fucking business, assuming it's true.

jstripes

Banned
This would also explain the alleged WH mandate for staff to purge their phones in anticipation of a subpoena.

Especially after they were specifically ordered to retain all data.

"Oops. All the phones just erased themselves. Don't you just hate it when that happens?"

Subpoenas have doubtlessly already been sent to Apple and Google to see what slipped into the cloud.

HotHamBoy

Especially after they were specifically ordered to retain all data.

"Oops. All the phones just erased themselves. Don't you just hate it when that happens?"

That's serious legal jeopardy that is only worth risking if not doing it is garaunteed worse consequences...

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

If the FBI has been investigating these people since last summer, wouldn't they have already been tracking their phones? Most likely, erasing the phones will do nothing.

FyreWulff

Now that I think about it, We all know just how corrupt construction and real estate is in this country; of course, Trump is compromised.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So Russia is so desperate to keep any more from leaking they are threatening to leak stuff from Obama? This isn't partisan politics assholes..... we got to get Trump out just so we can officially embargo the shit out of Russia for the foreseeable future

FyreWulff

Reminder that Watergate expose helped happen due to an FBI deputy director (Mark Felt aka Deepthroat) flipping over to helping the press. And that was with Nixon pretty much blocking the guy from getting further up in the administration because he couldn't be converted to a lackie.

Flynn's testimony would also have weight since he's been so high up.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Wouldn't the Republicans want Russia to leak stuff about the Obama admin?

I'm going to assume this would be about military actions or some such.

Seventy70

Things are moving incredibly fast. The Jester, who predicted the Nunes stunt a day before said these next few weeks are going to be quite bumpy. I don't think Trump will last until the end of the summer. These healthcare shenanigans have soured Republicans as well and they need a scapegoat.

Wouldn't the Republicans want Russia to leak stuff about the Obama admin?

I'm going to assume this would be about military actions or some such.

It's a bluff or something that's not huge. Russia &#127479;&#127482; overplayed their hand. They wanted someone that will be friendly to them, and now it will be a 180.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2

Red

Things are moving incredibly fast. The Jester, who predicted the Nunes stunt a day before said these next few weeks are going to be quite bumpy. I don't think Trump will last until the end of the summer. These healthcare shenanigans have soured Republicans as well and they need a scapegoat.
I also think the AHCA failure was the spark Republicans needed to take this seriously. That was their test for Trump to pass muster. He's been failing since day one on his major promises. What value does he really give them? Why keep him around?

If Flynn is going to testify against Trump, oh god, it's too much to hope for. Also, Nunes cover up attempt has been ridiculously clumsy and hopefully when this blows up, he tied the entire party to this sinking ship.

I'd hope a news organization can confirm Flynn got flipped, cause I don't wanna celebrate otherwise

Also Paul Ryan trying his SHADOW COUNTER

Don't forget it was Paul Ryan who told Nunes to run to the White House.. Nunes even said this in his first presser then changed his story that it was his own "judgement call."
Nunes is going to take one for the team and force media outcry to cancel his own intel panel. That's his mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom