• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How can the games industry resist and push back against Trump & his fascism?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

trump's facism? how about the "protesters" who are beating people, destroying property and generally rioting. very liberal of them to not accept the peoples democratically chosen candidate.

That's the irony of it. I'm all for free speech, but that is ridiculous.

How come gaf is so anti-trump? I really don't see what makes him such a monster. If you look at the liberal media's portrayal of him, then yes I can understand the hate. However, with some critical thinking, research, and an open mind on the matter, it's very easy to see how most of what it said about the pres-elect is bullshit. I know a lot of minorities that voted for him and/or are glad he won over Clinton. He doesn't hate mexicans, as he has stated several times what he doesn't like are the illegals that hop the border & commit crimes. I'd think most people would agree that's a bad thing. He also has nothing against the lbgt community, as he held up an lbgt community flag moments after he won (& spoke on the subject).

I think all this hate & close mindedness is backwords, no matter what party you fall under. The riots, protests, and beatings look very bad for the dems as well.

Sai-kun

Banned

How come gaf is so anti-trump? I really don't see what makes him such a monster. If you look at the liberal media's portrayal of him, then yes I can understand the hate. However, with some critical thinking, research, and an open mind on the matter, it's very easy to see how most of what it said about the pres-elect is bullshit. I know a lot of minorities that voted for him and/or are glad he won over Clinton. He doesn't hate mexicans, as he has stated several times what he doesn't like are the illegals that hop the border & commit crimes. I'd think most people would agree that's a bad thing. He also has nothing against the lbgt community, as he held up an lbgt community flag moments after he won (& spoke on the subject).

I think all this hate & close mindedness is backwords, no matter what party you fall under. The riots, protests, and beatings look very bad for the dems as well.

please nobody respond

I don't get why so many people are eager to believe 1 thing and 1 thing only, even when presented with reasons why they may be wrong.

A lot of what he said is recorded in video and was the foundation of his campaign. That he's held up a flag or said something different during an interview doesn't take that away.

His running mate believes gays be cured for goodness sakes.

Atomski

It's really hard when it comes to videogames because teams are so big they tend to need to be neutral on political views.

That said I hope we can get some indie games the next 4 years that can show the distaste for how politics are going. Just make sure it's tasteful and not over hyperbolic.

We should see games about awareness.. like if I could I'd make a game about the environment. Show what could happen if we continue to push coal and such and not renewable green energy.

Iksenpets

Banned
I have been struggling with personal darkness since the election. Is it selfish to not want Trump threads on gaming side? I just want one place where I can escape him. :(

I've actually been spending way more time lately on gaming side because of this too.

Anyway, media in general needs to keep up the general push for more inclusiveness and diversity, games included. Creating a culture that's opposed to Trumpist racism and bigotry is just as important a form of resistance as anything else.

He speaks the truth.
That person voted for Trump out of spiteful reasons. Trump is nothing like Sanders.

It's sad you don't feel any empathy for the LBGT community who are currently scared out of their minds about their future.

Need an indie game competition that would be most fitting portrayal of trump. Like trying to be just like trumps Twitter or trying to catch the thing on your head from running away when it wakes up.

Skelter

Banned

He is only good for people who are straight, white, and male. If you're a minority or LGBT then you're fucked.

If you're being so deliberately obtuse then you should take your own advice and do research.

Lime

I've actually been spending way more time lately on gaming side because of this too.

Anyway, media in general needs to keep up the general push for more inclusiveness and diversity, games included. Creating a culture that's opposed to Trumpist racism and bigotry is just as important a form of resistance as anything else.

At the very least, this is something that is the minimum bar for me at least. I sincerely hope the major players, as apolitical/amoral they may be, do create and foster cultures and environments that are opposed to hate and intolerance.

I would hate if they simply accept the views and subsequently normalize issues like racism, hating the poor, homophobia, and so on.

Lmfao lmao lol kek

Riveting post. Some people just can't help themselves can they.

Anyway, this thread was an entertaining (but also sad) read, some good stuff amongst all the trash shit posts. I agree with the VR stuff and just continuing the efforts to diversify and broaden the industry.

Norse

Trump is the polar opposite of Sanders.

They are both anti establishment candidates. The Dems in power didn't want Sanders. The Reps didn't want Trump. Trump just won the nomination inspite of that fact. Hell, Trump was a NY Democrat for a very long time.

Games could have a much more varied main character in games thats for certain. One could argue less violence in games could help as well.

Jerbol

So close... so close to an epiphany

sssshhh that's enough
Someone is asking/sharing a thought and then this condescension. I just don't get it. Don't mean to offend and if I am misinterpreting please excuse me. Putting someone down like this for just sharing their point of view (which they may be willing to change giving more information or other ideas) does not seem to be helpful at all.

ViolentP

Someone is asking/sharing a thought and then this condescension. I just don't get it. Don't mean to offend and if I am misinterpreting please excuse me. Putting someone down like this for just sharing their point of view (which they may be willing to change giving more information or other ideas) does not seem to be helpful at all.

I'm glad to see others seeing this.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Well there was some useful discussion to be found in the nooks and crannies, much obliged. Let's do this again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom