• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How much will No Man's Sky cost?

The_Dama

After seeing The Witness for $40, I'm scared NMS will be $60. Way too much for an indie title. Even $40 is too much.

$20-$30 will be a sweet spot for me.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
It's gonna be full price, no doubt about it.

Venom Fox

Banned
$60/€60/£50 for the biggest ass game in the galaxy and your gonna love it.

Seriously though, I will buy it at any price.

Edit: $20-$30 for this game is a joke. I can see it being around $40 just because of the people moaning about The Witness's price.

These guys deserve whatever they charge for their game.

hoserx

After seeing The Witness for $40, I'm scared NMS will be $60. Way too much for an indie title. Even $40 is too much.

$20-$30 will be a sweet spot for me.

So because it didn't cost X amount to develop, the game isn't worth X amount? I don't go by that reasoning at all. If the game has as much content as it apparently seems to, full price is definitely where it belongs. I know that I'll be in at any price.

dugdug

Banned
If you expect $60, you won't be disappointed when it comes out to be $60.

Also.

It's going to be $60.

I've got no problem paying full price for it. From what I've seen, it'll keep me entertained for a long time, positive previews/reviews will determine whether I do that in any case.

I'm assuming $60.

$5 for the microwave popcorn I'll eat when people flip out again because it's a game not from an "AAA" studio.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
It's going to be a full retail release at $60 and a large part of GAF is going to lose their shit.

Probably $60.

Can't wait for future threads and posts about certain price points being too much for certain types of games.

It's going to be a full retail release and it'll be $60. NMS has been one game that's seemed to avoid what seems to be an indie stigma when it comes to pricing. You can see that whenever videos of it are posted on Youtube. Instead of people complaining about yet another indie game, they're really excited about it and talk about how cool it looks.

Kevin-Hart-What-GIF.gif

Why wouldn't it be $60? The scale of the game is massive. This isn't some little 6 hour game.

Corpekata

Banned
I expect 40-60 bucks. While it being retail suggests maybe 60 bucks, a lot of the "console exclusive" indies we're seeing Sony push aren't releasing at full price. For instance, Hellblade, when they announced it said they'll be launching at a lower price, and I expect 40ish dollars there too.

It's a full price title isn't it?So whatever your countries full price titles are.If reviews and opinions are good,I'll still jump in

Top Bottom