• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble Origin/EA Bundle -- Bonuses: C&CRA3 Uprising (Steam/Origin), Populous (Origin)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zbarron

Does anyone have a spare BF3 key they'd be willing to give me. In return I'll pay it forward and put these up.

Origin:
Burnout Paradise:

Crysis 2:

Medal of Honor:

Mirror's Edge:

Red Alert 3:

Steam:
Superbrother's:
or I can't remember which one I claimed.

Crayon Physics Deluxe:

Burnout Paradise:

Crysis 2:

Mirror's Edge:

Oh forgot my Steam keys:

Dead Space

Burnout

Crysis 2

Medal of Honor

Mirror's Edge

Red Alert 3

Quote my post for them.

Edit: I'm having trouble getting my Populous key for some reason. Anyone else having this issue?

So i bought dragon age 2 and the damn thing wont install it gives me external installer failed with the runtime installer. I delete and redownloaded the game twice now

Edit: Fixed it now I am beginning to see why origin is hated by so many people the C runtime exe wasn't the right one included in the download. I had to go and download it from ms website

ArynCrinn

Banned
Would be really nice if they added the Time Trials for Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 2 or Bulletstorm in the last 12 hours. But I doubt EA understands this.

Why else would they have choosen to include C&C and Populous instead of games that would immediately grab people's attention. If Crysis 3 was included it would have sold at least a quarter more sales imo. And why Sims 3? Surely not a better incentive to buy the bundle than a Crysis 3 BTA.

EA are idiots.

jediyoshi

Would be really nice if they added the Time Trials for Mirror's Edge, Dead Space 2 or Bulletstorm in the last 12 hours. But I doubt EA understands this.

EA are idiots.

Pretty sure they understand that now

1) Some more people will have Origin installed
2) They'll have games from certain franchises
3) Those people have a higher initiative in buying things from these related series

I'm not sure the logical leaps that they aren't hurdling when deciding whether or not to simply give more or not, it's as up in the air as this bundle was to begin with.

ArynCrinn

Banned

3) Those people have a higher initiative in buying things from these related series

I'm not sure the logical leaps that they aren't hurdling when deciding whether or not to simply give more or not, it's as up in the air as this bundle was to begin with.

No I'm just saying the initial picks were dumb. Sims 3 isn't a better incentive to buy than Crysis 3 BTA, period. Means more money. C&C and Populous aren't better buying incentives than Bullestorm or Dead Space 2 right now.

Fact is, no matter how much it sold, it could have sold a order of magnitude more if EA just added the correct games. Medal of Honor was a bad bet as well. Should have been Mass Effect 1, 2, or 3. Would have sold a lot more that way.

If the initiative was to expand Origin than surely you'd add games people actually really want.

Gbraga

I really hope we get Bulletstorm.

For some weird reason we can't buy Bulletstorm on Origin from Brazil, even though we can buy it on Steam or even in a third party seller like Nuuvem and activate it on Origin. Makes no sense at all.

No I'm just saying the initial picks were dumb. Sims 3 isn't a better incentive to buy than Crysis 3 BTA, period. Means more money. C&C and Populous aren't better buying incentives than Bullestorm or Dead Space 2 right now.

Fact is, no matter how much it sold, it could have sold a order of magnitude more if EA just added the correct games. Medal of Honor was a bad bet as well. Should have been Mass Effect 1, 2, or 3. Would have sold a lot more that way.

If the initiative was to expand Origin than surely you'd add games people actually really want.

Would you have paid the $1 for the bundle then? geez mate, the bundle is great you are complaing for $1. Makes you look like a bit of a tightarse if you think battlefield 3 as a BTA game just before battlefield 4 is released is not the best incentive game to put there.

If anybody has a spare Crysis 2 Steam key, I'd be much appreciated.

No wonder you wanted crysis 3 as BTA, so you can beg someone for it right? ;)

15 hours left

almost doubled the previous Humble Bundle payments record.

Would be interesting to see how much of it went to each charity and how much to the guys at the humble store since EA isn't getting any of it.

with most people not touching the pay scale I imagine the humble guys will make around the 14-15% they have as default, which is around $1.5 million at this current time.

This is probably the smartest bundle they have acquired and will be a benchmark on this new type of advertising.

Ubisoft is probably next.

I hope they go back to doing a normal indie bundle soon to give more exposure to those guys rather than advertising for the big guys even though it looks to be a winner for the humble guys in this case.

T-Matt

Why else would they have choosen to include C&C and Populous instead of games that would immediately grab people's attention. If Crysis 3 was included it would have sold at least a quarter more sales imo. And why Sims 3? Surely not a better incentive to buy the bundle than a Crysis 3 BTA.

EA are idiots.

Sims 3 has a very broad appeal, it was a good choice. They have sold a ton of bundles, I don't think Crysis 3 would have that much impact. And since the bundle has crysis 2 it could lead people to purchasing crysis 3. This bundle is an insane value.
Also, this is for charity so keep that in mind when calling them idiots.

FGMPR

Banned

Well, they got another $5 out of me for Dead Space 2 :(

Not that its not worth it, or that EA have done anything wrong with humble bundle per se (it's an 'everyone wins' situation for sure), but it does feel a little submissive to just knowingly spend money exactly where EA was pushing me to by doing this.

nacimento

Sims is a much bigger franchise than Crysis, it has almost a dozen expansions and Sims 4 comes next year. It actually makes more sense for EA than Crysis 3.

And from what Epic said about Bulletstorm sales, it doesn't seem people in general really want it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So much for the milestone update with Dead Space 2... *sigh* Oh well I got DS3 for $5, so I can't complain...

ArynCrinn

Banned
Would you have paid the $1 for the bundle then? geez mate, the bundle is great you are complaing for $1. Makes you look like a bit of a tightarse if you think battlefield 3 as a BTA game just before battlefield 4 is released is not the best incentive game to put there.

You clearly didn't understand the context of my points. So moving on. And I spemt $5 three times, not $1.

No wonder you wanted crysis 3 as BTA, so you can beg someone for it right? ;)

It was actually for a friend, I already own this game on both platforms.... :\

....and beaten Crysis 3 twice.

Sims is a much bigger franchise than Crysis, it has almost a dozen expansions and Sims 4 comes next year. It actually makes more sense for EA than Crysis 3.

And from what Epic said about Bulletstorm sales, it doesn't seem people in general really want it.

Come on man, as a gamer and considering who likely buys the majority of these bundles....you don't think the games I've mentioned would have been more attractive? I'm not talking in respect to what's "coming soon", I'm talking about making the bundle as appealing as possible to the central audience right now. Can anybody rightfully argue against Mass Effect 2 instead of Medal of Honor? Or Crysis 3 alongside BF3 and maybe ME3.

I'm just saying if you're going to do a debut bundle, go fucking hard. Especially if you seriously wish to bring a lot more people into Origin.

So much for the milestone update with Dead Space 2... *sigh* Oh well I got DS3 for $5, so I can't complain...

Yeah, I think the game adds are over. What we got is what we got.... Can't say I'm impressed with EA's choices to make Origin more relevant. But I do complain about DS3 because it's a pile of shit compared to it's great predecessors.

ORIGIN keys, I won a PC-case from gaf a while ago (from MisterNoisy if he's still around), figured I would contribute something also.

Let me know if I did the email/quote thing wrong

Dead Space

Burnout

Crysis 2

Dead Space 3

Medal of Honor

Mirror's Edge

ORIGIN keys, I won a PC-case from gaf a while ago (from MisterNoisy if he's still around), figured I would contribute something also.

Let me know if I did the email/quote thing wrong

Dead Space

Burnout

Crysis 2

Dead Space 3

Medal of Honor

Mirror's Edge

I took Dead Space 3 thanks a lot really wanted to try that game out.

Kiljaro

Enjoy.

Dead Space
B8GG-TSBR-MPKC-KVZ2-EQCG

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
AU2A-M8ZE-5BEX-GSCR-XERG

Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
GP7P-R389-C5A2-PLHL-NU26

Medal of Honor
EQ7X-8WEW-GY7A-FXZF-6Z7Q

Mirror's Edge
7UWW-H5YC-MGP6-EVGF-4ZHC

Eanan

If anyone had a spare date night dlc code for the sims 3 going spare that came with the humble bundle, id greatly appreciate it. PM me if so. I could give something in return also.

Kvik

I'm also giving away my spare keys:

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Medal of Honor
Mirror's Edge
Dead Space 3

PM me since i'll be AFK.

[iCE2[

ORIGIN: Burnout: Paradise key: 9XKB-M3KN-R8WS-TMFK-6K25

STEAM:
Dead Space: WXWWP-G5PL7-AFRHE
Mirror's Edge: 798EI-BJNQ6-Y3AF9
Red Alert 3 Uprising: GX4KI-ZM2GH-HD6GI

Please write when used. Ktnx! :)

I'm just saying if you're going to do a debut bundle, go fucking hard. Especially if you seriously wish to bring a lot more people into Origin.

I'm not dead sure if you're saying Sims 3 shouldn't have been in the bundle at all, or if you're just saying it shouldn't have been the BTA—but since you're talking about drawing people to Origin, I figure it's the former.

I think it's important to notice that Sims 3 was the only Mac-compatible game in the entire bundle, and they may have hoped to draw Mac users to the platform with that game. I'm a Mac user, and I bought the bundle—so obviously it worked on me, and I now have Origin installed. For context: before this, I didn't even know Origin ran on Macs. In fact I hardly knew what Origin was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom