• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humongous Entertainment brings games to Steam (Putt Putt, Pajama Sam, Spy Fox)

lewisgone

Pajama Sam 3 was the best thing I ever got out of a cereal box. Pretty cool that there is now a way to pick up these games. I might even pick up the Pajama Sam games....just for nostalgia. I watched some gameplay a few years back and was shocked at how much I remembered.

Apparently if you buy the 'complete set' you get all games right now. They'll be immediately available in your library.

Yeah, I read that. But it's easier for me to do it as they release, plus I think in the end I'd save a few bucks. That's assuming that each set comes to a little under $20 like this first one did.

Price of individual games: $18.94
Bundle cost: $99.99

Edit: Never mind, looks like the game list isn't final according to the last line of the OP. Sorry.

Second Edit: Still, if all of the games end up being $3.49 or cheaper when on sale, they will likely be cheaper when bought individually as long as you buy them on sale.

Roto13

I never played any of these but I clicked the link anyway and I remember seeing a lot of those characters in magazine ads and stuff. So even I am nostalgic for them now. :p

PKrockin

Nice. These are great games for kids--clicking practically anywhere will yield some sort of odd easter egg, and the puzzles aren't too easy or too hard.

Also, Jeremy Soule composed Spy Fox. I can still hum some of those tunes.

Retroid

It seems Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo will come to Steam in August according to this post on Reddit. He claims to be the CEO of Night Dive Studios and judging from the guys post history it seems he actually is.

Update: I asked him if the original dub for the first Spy Fox would be on Steam and he said that they are in the process of updating it. (Source)

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It seems Putt-Putt Saves the Zoo will come to Steam in August according to this post on Reddit. He claims to be the CEO of Night Dive Studios and judging from the guys post history it seems he actually is.

Update: I asked him if the original dub for the first Spy Fox would be on Steam and he said that they are in the process of updating it. (Source)

You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.

celebi23

OMG, Pyjama Sam and Freddie Fish. The memories.

Will definitely be getting the Pyjama Sam and Freddie Fish games. Some of the finest point and click adventure games ever made.

Camjo-Z

I never managed to beat any of the point-and-click games, but Pajama Sam's Sock Works and Spy Fox in Cheese Chase were my JAM back in the day yo. Definitely going to have to pick up a few of these.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Pajama Sam 2: Thunder and Lightning Aren't so Frightening (not yet on Steam) and its predecessor, Pajama Sam In: No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside are the best games Humongous Entertainment ever released. Pajama Sam 2 is the pinnacle of HE, and among the best point-and-click adventure games of all time.

I agree 100%. My sister and I used to play the shit out of both of those. God, the nostalgia. I was always sad that in No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside that you couldn't interact with the dancing furniture. I always wanted to make friends with them. :(

Esque7

I got Pajama Sam, unfortunately the game startup crashes and my screen just flashes black for a second. Anyone else have this problem?

mclem

Just to doubly-confirm his identity: Night Dive's Facebook linked to the post.

Timeless

I was always sad that in No Need to Hide When It's Dark Outside that you couldn't interact with the dancing furniture. I always wanted to make friends with them. :(
Those cruel game designers. I always wished that one of the variations would allow you to interact with them.

hpWNjWj.png

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I only played Putt-Putt Travels Through Time and Saves the Zoo (which sadly isn't on the release list), and loved both of them. I was alwats curious about the other Putt-Putt games, so I'll probably get them all. I never played any of the other HE franchises sans for the demos included in both games discs, so I don't have nostalgia for them. Are any of those other titles worth playing too?

How were the three that came on Wii (Pajama Sam, Freddi Fish, and Spy Fox)?

I remember playing Sam at Chapters when I was really young so I had experience with these and loved it.

It felt silly that the Wii games weren't compilations but the first entry of each, would these not be small enough to easily fit 4 on one disc?

And how's the length? No reviews of the Wii games so I don't know if they held up or were worth paying $20 for one game.

So are they going to include localizations as well? Played the Dutch versions of these games back in the day and would love to collect them for some people I know or maybe my kids later on.

Seik

Banned
The only Putt Putt game I played back then was Putt Putt Saves the Zoo, and it's not there. :/

This and a Spider-Man 'create your own animations' game were my PC jams. :lol

Man oh man...boy do those titles fill me with nostalgia.

I used to rent Putt-Putt games at my local library all the time as a kid, and bought a few of the Pajama Sams. There is just a certain charm to the characters, the dialogue, the artstyle, and the worlds that make them the perfect games to introduce VG's to children. I might have to play one of them to take a trip down memory lane...

I only played Putt-Putt Travels Through Time and Saves the Zoo (which sadly isn't on the release list), and loved both of them. I was alwats curious about the other Putt-Putt games, so I'll probably get them all. I never played any of the other HE franchises sans for the demos included in both games discs, so I don't have nostalgia for them. Are any of those other titles worth playing too?

The Pyjama Sam games are the best HE series in my opinion. So definitely play through those at least.

This is amazing. I loved these games. Defeinitely getting Pajama Sam: Dark Outside, and Thunder and Lightning. Also got Put-Put Balloon-o-rama, i can't remember which Freddi Fish game it was i used to play, though.

Top Bottom