• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming out on August 14 in Japan [Up: Famitsu Images]

Mit-

I'm interested in what that "Story" section entails.

I'd be okay if this game had no story and just snippets of various Zelda games/scenarios/worlds.

I mean where would the Ocarina of Time level fit other than Ocarina of Time? I guess it had Skyward Sword enemies but I assumed it was just early in development.

Really? The way it looked like last time, it would surprise me if development started before spring 2013. Looked extremely rough.

That's just what Dynasty Warriors games look like. I know there were people thinking "okay, they've got Link running around Hyrule field beating on enemies - this must be some sort of proof of concept", but the reality is that running around a field and beating on enemies is what you do in these games.

Dynasty Warriors is always a mindless fun game (which I've seen argued against on principle by some people). I think even my fiance could get into this game though (she doesn't like dynasty warriors but she loves Zelda).

So no one can translate? :( why is it so blurry?

h71HZ8l.png

You try translating that. :p

georly

I'd love if nintendo filled in lore with spin-offs done by other companies. The great war is a great place that doesn't fit in with a normal zelda game, but works really well as a musou.

I'd love a chozo game done by next level, for example. Maybe the story of young samus, or maybe parts of the history of the chozo.

I'd love a captain falcon game done by platinum, in the style of viewtiful joe.

Pokken fighters is also a good idea.

I'm totally in love with nintendo giving their IP to be genre-remixed by other developers, as a means to explore the worlds more fully without harming the mainline titles.

bryehn

That's...soon.

I don't know much about Dynasty Warriors, but the teaser from last year looked really rough to me. Moblins appearing out of nowhere, and pretty shoddy graphics. And we haven't seen anything since. I don't know, the concept is really exciting to me, so I hope the game isn't just going to be a rushed reskin or a regular Dynasty Warriors game. I'm a little nervous!

I'm pretty sure they have a single button that churns out Mousu games at T-K. My biggest concern is that this will be a stripped/dumbed down take on the series to fall in line with Nintendo's philosophy about what they consider "accessibility"

Also, this is the first Zelda game I've been genuinely interested in in a long time. I wonder how they'll treat the mindless slaughter of 1000s of enemies in future games.

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member
I'm looking forward to this game, it's been years since I played Dynasty Warriors.

And maybe we can finally play as Zelda...

Shiggy

That's just what Dynasty Warriors games look like. I know there were people thinking "okay, they've got Link running around Hyrule field beating on enemies - this must be some sort of proof of concept", but the reality is that running around a field and beating on enemies is what you do in these games.

Well yeah, but I was talking more about the presentation. Then again, the production values are extremely low as the series only sells decently in Japan.

JoeM86

ω-Force & Team NINJA are the specific developers of Hyrule Warriors.

Download copy will be cheaper than the retail copy, but at around 10,000 yen, there's apparently a premium box to be for sale. (Prices aren't clear. Retail starts with a 7, Download with a 6 and Premium with a 10. I doubt it's a round number)

The magazine has an interview with producers Koinuma Hisashi & Hayashi Yosuke and the supervisor, Eiji Aonuma.

Leaving details of the story to StreetsAhead. I can't translate at all :p

L~A

Download copy will be cheaper than the retail copy, but at around 10,000 yen, there's apparently a premium box to be for sale. (Prices aren't clear. Retail starts with a 7, Download with a 6 and Premium with a 10. I doubt it's a round number)

The magazine has an interview with producers Koinuma Hisashi & Hayashi Yosuke and the supervisor, Eiji Aonuma.

Thanks, added to the OP.

RiggyRob

The magazine has an interview with producers Koinuma Hisashi & Hayashi Yosuke and the supervisor, Eiji Aonuma

I would totally buy a £60 Premium version that came with the blue scarf-cape.

popyea

I love the way Link looks in this game. It's like an extreme version of the Twilight Princess design, but colourful. Much more appealing than the new smash bros one, which has all it's features toned down and squished together.

Meikiyou

The scan shows link with only the triforce of courage while in SS he had the 3 pieces. Link before him I can't remember if he had any to begin, the manga only shows triforce being used by hylia to throw skyloft into heavens as I recall.

Meikiyou

Premium probably has DLC included.

Producer: Hisashi Koinuma, Yosuke Hayashi
Supervisor: Eiji Aonuma
Developer: ω-Force・Team NINJA

Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda, who has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia.

The magazine introduces Link, Impa, Shia, and some of her minions (whose names start with 'Va' and 'Wi').

Location includes Hyrule Field

Interview with Koinuma, Hayashi, and Aonuma. Says there's some unexpected playable characters.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/38930908.html#more

Evenflow

I'm calling it

August Hyrule Warriors
September Bayonetta 2
October X
Nov Smash

Nintendo has been pretty consistent with worlwide releases, and Zelda is much bigger in the west, so I see no reason at all it won't be a worldwide August launch. Not like there's a ton of translation? X on the other hand...

Haunted

Here's hoping they abandon the idea of a full-price Dynasty Warrior spinoff featuring Zelda characters.

I know Nintendo believes in premium prices, but you can be only so far removed from market reality, surely.

This screams budget priced game and would be the only way this is going to be successful.

Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda, who has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia.

The magazine introduces Link, Impa, Shia, and some of her minions.

Interview with the three people above. Says there's some unexpected playable characters.

I swear if "Unexepected" means tingle or groose, I'll be so disappointed.

The magazine introduces Link, Impa, Shia, and some of her minions.

Interview with the three people above. Says there's some unexpected playable characters.

Tingle playable character?!

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I hope it will not take too long for them to localize it for the West. I also hope to see more details about playable characters soon

Jucksalbe

Banned
Here's hoping they abandon the idea of a full-price Dynasty Warrior spinoff featuring Zelda characters.

I know Nintendo believes in premium prices, but you can be only so far removed from market reality, surely.

This screams budget priced game and would be the only way this is going to be successful.

Every Dynasty Warriors game is a full price game and deservedly so.

Shia? Sounds like the villain is female!

Edit: She is!

Yes, evil witch Shia. The text of the blog hints that she's under control of a force of dark magic.

---
It will likely have 0 bearing on the Western price (since TW101 was also more expensive in Japan than other 1st party titles), but 7,000 yen + for the retail version is expensive for a Nintendo game; typically on a console Nintendo games go for around 6,000.

Haunted

slightly off-topic: I understand this was implemented out of respect because there are enough journalists working on magazines posting on GAF and it'd be kind of a dick move to steal their content and make buying the magazine obsolete... but surely the same logic wouldn't apply to Japanese magazines?

oh well, these particular scans are pretty bad quality either way

Every Dynasty Warriors game is a full price game and deservedly so.
well... good luck with that for a WiiU game release in Europe and NA, I suppose.

slightly off-topic: I understand this was implemented out of respect because there are enough journalists working on magazines posting on GAF and it'd be kind of a dick move to steal their content and make buying the magazine obsolete... but surely the same logic wouldn't apply to Japanese magazines?

oh well, these particular scans are pretty bad quality either way

Gaf users exist in many countries. Legal action wise, theres no difference.

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member
I'm calling it

August Hyrule Warriors
September Bayonetta 2
October X
Nov Smash

That would be an incredible fall schedule. I'm guessing at least 1 or 2 of those games will be delayed until 2015. Also, I expect some sort of new game to shown at E3, one that might come out before Christmas.

Top Bottom