• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors coming out on August 14 in Japan [Up: Famitsu Images]

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I suspect voice acting somewhere.. I mean team Ninja but theres interview with aounoma so maybe Nintendo is watching them with this one.

team ninja + Nintendo director on an hystorical Nintendo franchise.
I'm calling it: Zelda will have some voiced line like: "The baby"

69wpm

Who's w-force?

ω is the small Greek letter Omega, it's not a "w".

Anyway, I'm curious if the name will be Zelda Something in the West. I believe Nintendo does want the Zelda name associated with the game. I guess "Zelda Warriors" would be one name candidate.

What I find very curious is that Team Ninja is involved. Have they done any cooperation with ω-Force?

Those just sound like generic placeholder titles to me. You may be right, but I'm expecting it to be something more specific.

For what it is worth, Nintendo Co. Ltd, who regularly trademark Western names in addition to the Japanese ones, trademarked 'Hyrule Warriors' in Japan.

RiggyRob

Those just sound like generic placeholder titles to me. You may be right, but I'm expecting it to be something more specific.

Well, it can't have a 'The Legend of Zelda' title because, well, it's not a 'The Legend of Zelda' game. Musou/Warriors would need to be mentioned at the very least, so you're pretty limited in your options from that point on.

Thanks for the translation JoeM86 and StreetsAhead. Exciting stuff.

... and I can feel Shia Labeouf references coming. I'm scared.

One Piece Musou is called Pirate Warriors.

Hyrule Warriors or Zelda Warriors is probably it, but I'm still thinking that they sound too generic and that it could possibly get a different title.

For what it is worth, Nintendo Co. Ltd, who regularly trademark Western names in addition to the Japanese ones, trademarked 'Hyrule Warriors' in Japan.

RiggyRob said:
Well, it can't have a 'The Legend of Zelda' title because, well, it's not a 'The Legend of Zelda' game. Musou/Warriors would need to be mentioned at the very least, so you're pretty limited in your options from that point on.

Yeah... guess we'll see soon one way or the other.

wrowa

Here's hoping they abandon the idea of a full-price Dynasty Warrior spinoff featuring Zelda characters.

I know Nintendo believes in premium prices, but you can be only so far removed from market reality, surely.

This screams budget priced game and would be the only way this is going to be successful.

Zelda fans who are hungry for a new Wii U game will buy it anyway, regardless of the price. The rest doesn't care either way. I don't see how offering it for a budget price would change anything, really.

Chindogg

ω is the small Greek letter Omega, it's not a "w".

Anyway, I'm curious if the name will be Zelda Something in the West. I believe Nintendo does want the Zelda name associated with the game. I guess "Zelda Warriors" would be one name candidate.

What I find very curious is that Team Ninja is involved. Have they done any cooperation with ω-Force?

The Legend of Zelda: Hyrule Warriors

L~A

Yes, evil witch Shia. The text of the blog hints that she's under control of a force of dark magic.

---
It will likely have 0 bearing on the Western price (since TW101 was also more expensive in Japan than other 1st party titles), but 7,000 yen + for the retail version is expensive for a Nintendo game; typically on a console Nintendo games go for around 6,000.

From the price to the Famitsu reveal... yup, it's published by Tecmo-Koei (only in Japan) alright.

Hope price won't be too much of an issue. I'm surprised they couldn't get a cheaper price, since it's a Nintendo collab.

The mask on the woman in the scans is probably a Majora's Mask like being. Probably the "real" villain. I'm guessing it will have some of the classic villains in addition to the new ones.

Meikiyou

- Premium box will be available for at least 10,000 yen
- Producers: Hisashi Koinuma, Yosuke Hayashi
- Supervisor: Eiji Aonuma
- Developers: ω-Force / Team NINJA
- Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda
- Zelda has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia
- Link, Impa, Shia introduced in the magazine
- Some of Shia’s minions shown as well
- Locations includes Hyrule Field
- Will have unexpected playable characters

Read more at http://nintendoeverything.com/a-few-hyrule-warriors-details/

I always knew transformers was the true villain.

Goodbye manga :c

- Premium box will be available for at least 10,000 yen
- Producers: Hisashi Koinuma, Yosuke Hayashi
- Supervisor: Eiji Aonuma
- Developers: ω-Force / Team NINJA
- Link sets off to rescue Princess Zelda
- Zelda has been kidnapped by the evil witch Shia
- Link, Impa, Shia introduced in the magazine
- Some of Shia’s minions shown as well
- Locations includes Hyrule Field
- Will have unexpected playable characters

Read more at http://nintendoeverything.com/a-few-hyrule-warriors-details/

Goodbye manga :c

GAF > Internet > GAF in record time :p

Any chance this will release outside of Japan? These types of games aren't popular anywhere else as far as I know. With Link in it it could be mildly successful elsewhere

Jucksalbe

Banned
Any chance this will release outside of Japan? These types of games aren't popular anywhere else as far as I know. With Link in it it could be mildly successful elsewhere

100%. It has been announced for the West since the beginning.

Edit: Btw., most of the Musou games make it to the West, so this is not just because of Link.

Dynasty Warriors pretty much always releases outside of Japan, add to the fact that this is Zelda and it has already been announced for the west and I don't see why it wouldn't.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd

I think it is 100% confirmed for a Western release. DW games as already seen Western localization before, as their licensed spinoff (Ken's rage, One Piece Pirate Warriors), it was presented on a WW Direct by Iwata and Tecmo-Koei is expecting 1 million units sold thanks to western awarness of the Zelda brand

Is it just me, or is there more TP influence now?

What's up with that section about Twilight Princess???

what are you referring to?

The regular dynasty warrior games still get localized. Even if they didn't, Nintendo isn't gonna let a zelda spinoff stay unlocalized when wiiu needs games this badly.

If it isn't Hyrule Warriors, it'll be Zelda Warriors. I can't see it being anything else.

You mean in the top left of the right page, or the glowing eyes white/black split mask?

Kind of hard to tell but yeah I think they both are the same character (correct me if I am wrong).

That bottom left guy kind of looks like a wizrobe...

zeldablue

I think it is 100% confirmed for a Western release. DW games as already seen Western localization before, as their licensed spinoff (Ken's rage, One Piece Pirate Warriors), it was presented on a WW Direct by Iwata and Tecmo-Koei is expecting 1 million units sold thanks to western awarness of the Zelda brand

what are you referring to?

On the first page of the scan, there's a picture of Link from Twilight Princess.

RiggyRob

Kind of hard to tell but yeah I think they both are the same character (correct me if I am wrong).

That bottom left guy kind of looks like a wizrobe...

I thought one was the main villain Shia (glowing mask?) and the other was one of Shia's minions (Vi was it?)

I guess I should beat skyward sword before this comes to the US.

You should do that anyway. It's awesome. I think I've played through it three times? Maybe twice completely, but at least two and a majority of a third. There is some padding that should have been excised but overall it's a wonderful game. Then again I'm not one of the "recent Zelda games suck" naysayers.

Based on usual magazine/leak times. I'm guessing we shall get them on Thursday or Friday, if the official site doesn't update tonight.

Really? Awesome. I've never played Dynasty Warriors beyond like a demo I think of an older one, but this should be a nice supplement until Zelda U proper arrives.

I thought one was the main villain Shia (glowing mask?) and the other was one of Shia's minions (Vi was it?)

Guess I won't speculate too hard until we get some better images. But the mage looking guy on the bottom probably is at least one of the henchmen (Wizuro?). If that is his name that he is likely based on a wizrobe.

Top Bottom