• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors (Zelda Musou) (Zelda Dynasty Warriors) announced

If they manage to put in more playable characters with as much depth Link appeared to have then this will by my favorite Musou game ever. Give me Sheik, Princess Zelda, Ganon, Impa, Toon Link, Tetra etc, etc!

ys45

OK seriously ? A musou game based on LOZ ?! -_-
Don't get me wrong i love Musou games series but about Zelda ?

Wow Nintendo is desperate to get third party games or what ?

Dynasty Warriors rule ok :D i wonder who are the other 49 playable characters beyond Link though? That shit is standard in Dynasty Warrior titles :D

Not sure I'm really excited for this, actually surprised so many here are.

Dynasty Warriors style game? The exploration, puzzles and dungeons are the best parts of Zelda games, without all that...

crossbow training?

Crossbow Training at least felt like it could have been a skunkwork project where they were trying mechanics and control options that may be implemented into future games. This is a weird off shoot from a different team that will probably never spill back into anything Zelda related other than a possible sequel.

Koppai

Looks like early stages in development, doesn't yet have the pretty graphics or the Nintendo touch. I will play this!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
To me it sounds like a desperate attempt to give a game very few people are actually interested in in the west a higher public profile by just slapping the Zelda license on it.

Yes, this is how I interpret it too. Musou games are hardly big in the West. Zelda is a known franchise. Boringly squish them together and hope it fills some weird void in the global software library and gets people buying musou.

Looks like early stages in development, doesn't yet have the pretty graphics or the Nintendo touch. I will play this!

It's a Tecmo Koei musou game. It's not going to look good.

SykoTech

The hell?

I know I asked for at least one surprise yesterday, but this isn't what I had in mind at all.

Will likely buy it though.

JDSN

Banned
Shitty Musou game= OMG YEAH GREENLIGHT THAT
Free Zelda DLC for the bad Sonic game= Yeah, that wont dilute the brand at all!
Sheik-focused spin-off made by Retro= FUCK THAT Go home a be a Cranky family man!

I dont think I like panic-mode Nintendo anymore.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
To me it sounds like a desperate attempt to give a game very few people are actually interested in in the west a higher public profile by just slapping the Zelda license on it.

It doesn't really look good either IMHO.

I hope I'm wrong and will be wowed when it ships.

I think it's the opposite. Zelda has never done as well in Japan as it does in the West. But you know what IS popular in Japan? Musou. So attach Zelda to a Musou title and get the Japanese audience interested again.

(Yes, Zelda does good in Japan, but nowhere near as well as it does in the West. Musou titles regularly outperform Zelda in Japan.)

Shahed

While I'll probably end getting it since it's Zelda, I'm really not sure how good it will be. Making the core game about the weakest part if the Zelda franchise (combat) doesn't sound that good. However being a Zelda they may add other elements that typical Musou games lack

If it results in a better and more refined combat in the real Zelda game, then I'm all for it!

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
At first I thought this would be Zelda's Other M. Thankfully it's just a spin off. But it looks so weird. I don't know what to think. Maybe this means that Zelda U is far off and they're trying to give fans something in the mean time.
With Skyward Sword only released at the end of 2011, the time it takes the Zelda team to put a game together, and the trouble Nintendo are having with HD development, Zelda Wii U could be a long, long way off. What position will Wii U be in by then?

I've seen a few people suggesting that Nintendo cut their losses, move away from Wii U, and move all their big budget games to an upcoming system. If they do this with Zelda, this would be Wii U's exclusive Zelda game. A repeat of Saturn's exclusive Sonic being...Sonic R.

Derrick01

Banned
This is the silliest thing I've seen in a while. Just slapping a Zelda theme on one of the most tired formulas in gaming isn't going to help. Or maybe it will judging from the reaction here.

Iceblade

This looks really strange, there's a huge disconnect from the restrained style of Zelda action and this supercharged style. It would work a lot better with a character like Shiek.

Nintendo clearly really just wanted something Zelda related on Wii U soon, probably because Zelda Wii U is so far off. I thought the trailer looked terrible and jarring, but good for those into Musou games I guess.

It doesn't look terrible or anything but it does smack of an effort to get "a Nintendo game" out using the easiest formula possible. Not saying I won't ever play it if it's decent but it doesn't really inspire excitement outside of the fact that it has Zelda characters.

Orayn

This is the silliest thing I've seen in a while. Just slapping a Zelda theme on one of the most tired formulas in gaming isn't going to help. Or maybe it will judging from the reaction here.

I've always had a passing interest in Dynasty Warriors, this is just the push I need to actually dive into the series.

Top Bottom