• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I own a PS4 now

RexNovis

Banned
No mention of Hohokum?

For shame.

Uhhh

If you like being higher than a kite pick up Hohokum

Nice list.

I'd add Sound Shapes
Also from PS3 era, but if you don't know it - it's great.
Abstract jump and run with all movements coordinated to phantastic music. great level editor, too.
Family codename: The jumping fried egg.

Sound Shapes is an addiction. Friends don't let friends try crack. Just sayin.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
It came with:

The five Star Wars bundle games (Battlefront, Bounty Hunter, Super, Jedi Starfighter, Racer Revenge)

I bought:

Bloodborne, inFAMOUS Second Son, The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (found it at a pawn shop for $10 used - came with all of the manual stuff too, disc in good condition), Rocket League, PaRappa the Rapper 2, and Strider

PS+:

Driveclub, inFAMOUS First Light, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Broken Age, Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris, TowerFall Ascension, Transistor, etc.

Are there any other games that are must-haves for the console, particularly ones exclusive to it or better on it?

Also can anyone explain why sometimes my PS4 won't be able to go into the description pages for a game until I restart my console?

Edit: did not see you already have DriveClub :/. May I advise you to give Shadow of Mordor a try? It can get really fun after you unlock some abilities :).

Crispy

In my experience the PS4 has some weird bugs that pop up from time to time that require a reboot. I've had problems with the store and most recently Grim Fandango cause the display to go into a 4:3 mode with black bars on the side of the screen and what you can see is zoomed in. The reboot doesn't take long, but it's still annoying.

When the store doesn't load I used to reboot as well. But I found out I could go into the settings menu and test my internet connection to negate the problem. After that, the store loads up just fine. Quicker than a reboot!

LukasF

Nice to see Temple of Osiris on that list! Definitely give that one a whirl especially if you've got some local co-op buddies.

...please play with the sound on... :)

lord pie

I absolutely adore hohokum. It is such a joyful game.

If you have a nice setup (big tv and especially good sound system) then you can get lost in the game like few others.

Jacknapes

I recommend Tearaway: Unfolded. It's a fantastic game, i can't recommend it enough. Makes great use of the PS4's features.

I keep seeing Until Dawn is the best game on the system... But it doesn't even have game mechanics. Its a souped up Tale Tale game... And its the best GAME???

Brizzo24

I keep finding great deals on games for the PS4. Just today I picked up Batman Arkham Knight for only $15 at Best Buy (new.) Wolfenstein was a $9 purchase on the PS store, and then finally I got Battlefront for $40 when it was on sale at Gamestop. Oh, and Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor for $20 at Gamestop too. The price of the console was an investment, but the software I've been obtaining and playing is well worth it. Love this console!

Brizzo24

I own the three Uncharted games on PS3, is there any reason to buy them on PS4?

Only if you plan on selling your PS3?! Otherwise no, wait for Uncharted 4. I too have/played all in the series, yet didn't feel compelled to purchase the Collection. You can try out the demo, to see if you really want to pick it up. Also, it goes on sale quite often so make sure you don't pay full price when/if you decide to pull the trigger.

Lingitiz

I own the three Uncharted games on PS3, is there any reason to buy them on PS4?

The updates to UC1 make it much more playable after playing UC2 and UC3, and the overall collection looks great and runs well. If you have any desire to go back to the games that's the way to do it. Codes for the collection are fairly cheap if you look around due to it being bundled.

The Last of Us Remastered is a must play on PS4. Aside from the obvious graphical upgrades, it's really the only way to play the MP because the population is there and all the maps are bundled in. That means no population split because everyone has the same maps. Aside from that it comes with Left Behind which is one of the best DLCs ever if you haven't played it.

zsynqx

Just over 3 months until the main reason for owning a PS4 comes out.

Haven't read the rest of the thread so has probably already been suggested but Until Dawn is a must.

The Last of Us Remastered is a must play on PS4. Aside from the obvious graphical upgrades, it's really the only way to play the MP because the population is there and all the maps are bundled in. That means no population split because everyone has the same maps. Aside from that it comes with Left Behind which is one of the best DLCs ever if you haven't played it.

Also this

Just over 3 months until the main reason for owning a PS4 comes out.

B5g9Cnh.jpg

What is it!?

Top Bottom