• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back come to PS4 this year?

Super Star Wars came to PS4 in late 2015 (as an a la carte download*), alongside Star Wars: Battlefront, in the run up to Star Wars: Episode VII- The Force Awakens. Now, two years later, Star Wars: Battlefront II is releasing, and once again, we have another Star Wars mainline film. So, does that mean we might finally see Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes back come to PS4? I always thought it was strange they only did the first game, but if they are releasing them to coincide with the mainline films, I suppose that makes sense. If true, that means, we wouldn't see Super Star Wars: Return of the Jedi on PS4 until Fall 2019.

*It had been previously available on PS4 only in a pack including Super Star Wars, Star Wars Jedi Starfighter, Star Wars Racer Revenge, and Star Wars Bounty Hunter.

RomeoDog

Banned
Since the license is now with EA. I don't think this is possible. They've already released it to the fans and i don't think it's a money maker.

Huh? EA had the license when Super Star Wars released on PS4 as well.

They did/do. The license doesn't cover everything. Disney Interactive released the game. While they technically don't exist as a developer anymore, I think they (like the remnants of LucasArts) exist as a licensor. Code Mystics ported the game.

That's my point.

We were just backing up your point ;p

As for a potential Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, I suppose it would be published by the same group from Disney that released the first Super Star Wars game, as wells as the trio of classic Tim Schafer led LucasArts Games.

Top Bottom