• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I was accidentally racist today

DMVfan123

Banned
giphy.gif

@OP

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard
Again, a PSA: second-hand or contact highs don't exist. The actives in weed are absorbed into your lungs in about 3 seconds, so unless you hit and *immediately* exhale into someone else's waiting lungs, it does nothing.

Source: loooooooooots of experience, and also scientific fact.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I made an error of judgement. While I was conversing with a (indigenous) friend today, they happened to notice a group of people forming a circle which obstructed anyone from seeing what was inside of the circle. My friend asked if I knew what the group were doing and I casually remarked that it was probably a drug deal or something. This was before I actually fixated my eyes and noticed that everyone in the circle was black. I also noticed the scent of marijuana in the air at the time and that is more than likely where the "drug" aspect came from. The marijuana most likely resulted in a 'second hand high', which I have often found myself susceptible to-- likely resulting in my brief lapse of social judgment. The friend in question did not laugh and ever since I have been receiving stern disconcerting looks from others among our social circle.

How do I go about expressing my approval of other races at a subconscious level? Are there any articles of clothing that would accomplish this?

I’m confused. Did a mod edit this OP or something.

LOLOLOL

____

I love how he says how he’s found himself OFTEN susceptible to the contact high of strangers in public.

This shit is made up for the lulz 😂

Can we please officially refer to this as the "Afroman defense."

I Was gonna have fun with my indigenous friends but then I got high. Was not gonna say something racist I don't know why but then I got high. But then I got high then I got high

BigDes

You were lucky op. I've seen people get so high walking past dudes who were doing one pot that they ended up going to Klan rallies.

Thankfully the wind must have been in your favor and you only got a little bit high.

Hermii

You mean like when you hand people a Grey Goose bottle filled with water and they're all like like ”whoooa dude i'm so fucked up right now"
Yep

Second hand high is a thing, specially if you are in a close room. But the way OP tells the story, I don't know.. The only way this could be real is if OP suffers from a high level of anxiety, IMO.

Yea it sounds a lot like that. I bet his friends already forgot about this in incident and it's all in ops mind.

To everyone whooping and hollering over the term "indigenous," it's the preferred term in Canada, along with "aboriginal." "First Nations" is also widely used, but doesn't encompass Metis and Inuit people like indigenous/aboriginal do.

Doesn't explain why a dude from Florida is using it tho.

Also lol @ this thread.

I don't think the OP is real, at least on a subconscious level anyway.

Would it have been better if I left my friend's race in question? It would've made it seem like he was white and people would probably then think that I was definitely racist.

See OP, you have indigenous friends, so you can't be racist.

Top Bottom