• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think I was accidentally racist today

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Please put a warning in the title next time you make a thread that includes discussion of Marijuana. I was not expecting to read this and I am now suffering from a debilitating contact high.

Wag

5030168.jpg

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Lol! I’m sorry, OP, but that whole story was hilarious. Just talk to your friends to try and clear the air and stop being so damn awkward.

Second hand high from smelling weed out in the open...lol.

N21

I made an error of judgement. While I was conversing with a (indigenous) friend today, they happened to notice a group of people forming a circle which obstructed anyone from seeing what was inside of the circle. My friend asked if I knew what the group were doing and I casually remarked that it was probably a drug deal or something. This was before I actually fixated my eyes and noticed that everyone in the circle was black. I also noticed the scent of marijuana in the air at the time and that is more than likely where the "drug" aspect came from. The marijuana most likely resulted in a 'second hand high', which I have often found myself susceptible to-- likely resulting in my brief lapse of social judgment. The friend in question did not laugh and ever since I have been receiving stern disconcerting looks from others among our social circle.

How do I go about expressing my approval of other races at a subconscious level? Are there any articles of clothing that would accomplish this?

I hope you're enjoying your last bit of freedom because you're going to jail!!!!

Anticol

Banned
I made an error of judgement. While I was conversing with a (indigenous) friend today, they happened to notice a group of people forming a circle which obstructed anyone from seeing what was inside of the circle. My friend asked if I knew what the group were doing and I casually remarked that it was probably a drug deal or something. This was before I actually fixated my eyes and noticed that everyone in the circle was black. I also noticed the scent of marijuana in the air at the time and that is more than likely where the "drug" aspect came from. The marijuana most likely resulted in a 'second hand high', which I have often found myself susceptible to-- likely resulting in my brief lapse of social judgment. The friend in question did not laugh and ever since I have been receiving stern disconcerting looks from others among our social circle.

How do I go about expressing my approval of other races at a subconscious level? Are there any articles of clothing that would accomplish this?

This is a clear example why everyobe hates white people.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So, let's summarize this.

OP glanced at the group, said racist shit, noticed they were black, remembered he smelled pot while noticing the group, and figured it was a "second hand high" induced racist moment ...

Two things:

You've never been high.

Also, you're racist.

Hermii

I dont think the second hand high thing is as ridiculous as the rest of you think. Placebo is a powerful thing. If he associated that smell with being high, it could affect him even though it was only in the mind. There have been studies where people have been acting more impulsive/ happy just by smelling alcohol for example.

I dont think the second hand high thing is as ridiculous as the rest of you think. Placebo is a powerful thing. If he associated that smell with being high, it could affect him even though it was only in the mind. There have been studies where people have been acting more impulsive/ happy just by smelling alcohol for example.

Second hand high is a thing, specially if you are in a close room. But the way OP tells the story, I don't know.. The only way this could be real is if OP suffers from a high level of anxiety, IMO.

RRockman

Banned
This some next level trolling right here.

"Second hand high" is entering the hilarity vocab list, right next to "DO NOT CONSORT WITH FOREIGNERS"

I hear you can wear this to show your approval of indigenous people.
Might offend yellows though

There's also studies where people act more racist when they see black people.

Bronx-Man

Banned
You mean like when you hand people a Grey Goose bottle filled with water and they’re all like like “whoooa dude i’m so fucked up right now”

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Dude was on the fucking street.

Maybe if you're the head of state on a hospitality visit.

I can't stop reading this in Adam West's Batman voice.

"Robin, I feel under the influence of a powerful drug. The intoxicating scent of marijuana is lowering...my inhibitions."
QlE3J.gif

-Weed made you racist.

-Second hand high leading to a lapse in judgement.

-express your approval of other races at a subconscious level using clothing.

I'm not sure what to make of this thread. None of this is what I was expecting.

SoulUnison

Banned
The marijuana most likely resulted in a 'second hand high', which I have often found myself susceptible to-- likely resulting in my brief lapse of social judgment.?

What an interesting mental gymnastic.

You never have to feel responsible for any awkward action or social snafus as long as you think there might be a certain smell around?

Top Bottom