• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I think Microsoft might surprise a bunch of people

i wouldn't call forza big. fable is bigger. also i would prefer crackdown 3 instead of over saturating their big franchises.

So you would prefer the 3rd Crackdown over the 4th Gears. Many people would say 3 of a franchise on one system is over saturation too.

But anyway so if MS announced a new Crackdown at launch for the 720 that would get your attention right? Point being if MS shows up with some games people really want to play then none of this other stuff will matter. Thats what people will base their purchase on. So lets see what games they will offer then start slamming someone for disappointing.

Apparently Sony can do it and they still live. They are doing bad, but it's not like they have no more money to fund future games. They have their bombas, but this comes down to their piss poor marketing and not the time we are living in. New IPs can still sell well even in the last year of the cycle. I can already guarantee you TLOU will do at least 3 million. Not every game needs to do that much or even more to be considered a success for Microsoft. Alan Wake flopped badly compared to their other franchises and this was in 2010, where other new IPs still sold way better. They simply fucked up with the release window, it's not because it was released late in the cycle.

So I see no reason why they couldn't do it. They are swimming in money right now, so this wouldn't hurt them. It would benefit their image, most of their new games would still return a nice profit because they know how to market them and it would also support the creativity of their teams, since they are not stuck working on the same franchises forever. And I don't want to imply that Sony is the holy grail of new IPs. They are doing their fair share of franchise milking too. I would simply like it more if Microsoft could at least create one or two new IPs late in the cycle or fund more risky stuff. I'm not demanding the impossible here.

Most of those games don't sell and look at how they are financially now. Granted there is more reasons to it than that.

So you would prefer the 3rd Crackdown over the 4th Gears. Many people would say 3 of a franchise on one system is over saturation too.

But anyway so if MS announced a new Crackdown at launch for the 720 that would get your attention right? Point being if MS shows up with some games people really want to play then none of this other stuff will matter. Thats what people will base their purchase on. So lets see what games they will offer then start slamming someone for disappointing.

Yea but the difference is that Crackdown rarely comes out. Last one was in 2010 while gears is already getting an unnecessary spinoff 1.5 years later after gears 3.

nib95

Banned
My post from an earlier thread about console specific surprises or specials.

My guesses for possible specials (including a few that have already transpired)...

Sony's secret sauce's

• 8GB GDDR5
  • Extra CU's
  • GT6/Prologue
  • Something from ND
  • Last Guardian now PS4
  • FFXIII Versus now PS4
  • Some other poigniant exclusive(s)
  • Some decent new OS features
  • Gaikai streaming and Vita remote play
  • A new great value PS+ esque subscription service
  • Destiny DLC Exclusive content

Microsoft's secret sauce's

• Improved custom CPU and/or GPU specs
  • Cross platform Windows desktop, tablet and mobile app use and app store
  • PGR5
  • Several other high profile exclusives
  • Exclusive DLC for BF4 or COD 27
  • GTA V Next gen timed exclusive
  • Extensive new OS features
  • Kinect 2.0 with every console, vastly improved feature set
  • Some robbed multi plats that were previously big PS exclusives
  • Cheaper price

Bgamer90

Banned
Success for new big IP's seem to happen a good amount at the tail end of the gen though, successes and failures can happen at the beginning to as well as the end. Don't really see much to show the difference in risk is that big.

The risk is different due to the amount of games. If a game didn't do well at the start of a gen then it more than likely would have done even worse later on in the gen when there's more games.

During the first year of a console's life, just about each and every exclusive game will get attention since there isn't much to play on the system.

The risk is different due to the amount of games. If a game didn't do well at the start of a gen then it more than likely would have done even worse later on in the gen when there's more games.

During the first year of a console's life, just about each and every exclusive game will get attention since there isn't much to play on the system.
And I think it has more to do with the quality and what it does different, and how it's marketed, and what date it's released. I don't think the time is a large factor seeing how many successes there has been at the tail end.

Most of those games don't sell and look at how they are financially now. Granted there is more reasons to it than that.
Yeah because they suck ass at marketing. And some of these games are very mediocre too. Let's see how their 2013 stuff (TLOU and Beyond) will do. If they flop despite marketing I will eat crow. I believe new IPs can sell well, break even and return a good profit even late in the cycle when marketed properly. MS last AAA IP Alan Wake flopped because of the clash with Rockstar. I'm convinced it would have sold way more otherwise.

Bgamer90

Banned
So I see no reason why they couldn't do it. They are swimming in money right now, so this wouldn't hurt them. It would benefit their image, most of their new games would still return a nice profit because they know how to market them and it would also support the creativity of their teams, since they are not stuck working on the same franchises forever. And I don't want to imply that Sony is the holy grail of new IPs. They are doing their fair share of franchise milking too. I would simply like it more if Microsoft could at least create one or two new IPs late in the cycle or fund more risky stuff. I'm not demanding the impossible here.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely understand where you are coming from. It's just that I think many are living "in the now" instead of thinking about future benefits.

If MS feels that new IPs would be much better quality on hardware that isn't almost 10 years old then why is that a bad thing? I guess what I'm trying to get at is that fact that many who talk about the lack of new exclusive IPs also at the same time seem to be tired of these old consoles. Due to that, I kind of find the argument to be a bit hypocritical in the sense that even though people want more than just "small XBLA games" that they would rather have new IPs on really old consoles instead of new consoles in which the games would more than likely run better and/or have even more content due to the increased power of the console itself.

DEADEVIL

I enjoyed that game a lot on Steam.

You had to you don't own an Xbox 360 anymore.

Look we get the goal post movements.

In your opinion MS abandoned Core gamers, but we know it's not true it's actually, because you hate Halo, Gears, and Fable.

We know that you don't like to count XBLA games, which doesnt matter because you have a PC.

And we know Kinect games don't exist because they are casual.

We know that instead of Halo 4 and Gears that the core 360 gamer loves, it should be another Banjoo which incidentally the casual might love more than the core.

So why not just concede that you hate the 360 which is why you no longer own it, play on your PS3 and PC buy a PS4.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with that scenario. As your not the target 360 audience.

IMO MS is aiming at satisfying the goal post changing never satisfied with anything MS types then they will lose next gen.

If they deliver a balanced approach with games for both the Core and Casual (to include Kinect), The promise of big established franchises as well as the New Ips, new advancements to Live and the console in general then they have a solid shot at building on the success of this gen.

But, no matter what they do they need to keep the mentality that it wont come easy like they did this gen because it's not.

Yeah because they suck ass at marketing. And some of these games are very mediocre too. Let's see how their 2013 stuff (TLOU and Beyond) will do. If they flop despite marketing I will eat crow. I believe new IPs can sell well, break even and return a good profit even late in the cycle when marketed properly. MS last AAA IP Alan Wake flopped because of the clash with Rockstar. I'm convinced it would have sold way more otherwise.

Yea that is why i say quantity doesn't mean quality. They put a lot of games out but most aren't so good or a 7 at best. Alan wake flop was also part on MS,they did not market the game and i was surprised since they usually back their games up with good promotion. red dead isn't big or anything so i don't think it was that game.

They would of still had to create new studios though, I'm just glad they realised they had to...now it remains to be seen what the output actually is, however.

Listening to Phil talk about what the studios are doing, I wouldnt bet on them all making Xbox specific games. Sounds like a lot of Cloud stuff to play between Surface, Windows 8 desktops, and Windows phones. Unless they're also going to release their games to iOS and Android like they did with Wordament.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely understand where you are coming from. It's just that I think many are living "in the now" instead of thinking about future benefits.

If MS feels that new IPs would be much better quality on hardware that isn't almost 10 years old then why is that a bad thing? I guess what I'm trying to get at is that fact that many who talk about the lack of new exclusive IPs also at the same time seem to be tired of these old consoles. Due to that, I kind of find the argument to be a bit hypocritical in the sense that even though people want more than just "small XBLA games" that they would rather have new IPs on really old consoles instead of new consoles in which the games would more than likely run better and/or have even more content due to the increased power of the console itself.
I agree fully with that. I just think they might have enough resources to do both. Maybe their new teams will help. I'm hopeful since it sounds very good. Also if Sony puts out less stuff during launch, because they released 3 games on PS3 this year then I'm with you. This would be pretty bad. I just have the feeling they won't do that. But let's see!

Syphon Filter said:
Yea that is hwy i say quantity doesn't mean quality. They put a lot of games out but most arent so good or a 7 at best. Alan wake flop was also part on MS,they did not market the game and i was surprised since they usually back their games up with good promotion. red dead isn't big or anything so i don't think it was that game
Yeah I'm with you on that.

Bgamer90

Banned
And I think it has more to do with the quality and what it does different, and how it's marketed, and what date it's released. I don't think the time is a large factor seeing how many successes there has been at the tail end.

Yohsi's Island was an exclusive game that was high quality and was very different, yet that game had a more of cult following since it came out so late during the 16 bit gen.

I agree that those qualities you mentioned matter but when the exclusive game itself is competing for popularity against already well known franchises, it's going to obviously be harder for that exclusive game to do well. Especially now when there's so many multiplatform games that are just as big, if not bigger, than many console exclusives.

goldenpp72

People mentioning crackdown and over saturation? What? The issue with Crackdown is it's amazing conceptually but always felt under cooked. Gears was a much more polished experience to the point that getting a new one 4 times in the same generation felt a bit unneeded and samey. Crackdown 1 was great but lacked content and had iffy shooting and close combat, limited missions and such. 2 fixed many of the issues but added new ones while also reusing the same city and being a half baked sequel.

A CD3 that was graphically amazing with all the problems fixed would be game of the generation material, but MS might not see the worth in bothering at this point, it would be a perfect game to showcase the advance in new tech though :p

m23

People mentioning crackdown and over saturation? What? The issue with Crackdown is it's amazing conceptually but always felt under cooked. Gears was a much more polished experience to the point that getting a new one 4 times in the same generation felt a bit unneeded and samey. Crackdown 1 was great but lacked content and had iffy shooting and close combat, limited missions and such. 2 fixed many of the issues but added new ones while also reusing the same city and being a half baked sequel.

A CD3 that was graphically amazing with all the problems fixed would be game of the generation material, but MS might not see the worth in bothering at this point, it would be a perfect game to showcase the advance in new tech though :p

You know what would be a perfect game to showcase their new tech?

Conker.

Make it happen Microsoft/Rare.

Shaneus

You know what would be a perfect game to showcase their new tech?

Conker.

Make it happen Microsoft/Rare.
Conker is more a game that is suited to good visual direction, not pushing polys and showcasing grunt of anything (really). People don't jizz over good looking fur, because the 360 and PS3 were pretty good at doing it. If MS can show off jumping on/over skyscrapers through a large, detailed city while throwing vehicles around and blowing shit up, it'll pull in far more people.

DEADEVIL

Apparently Sony can do it and they still live. They are doing bad, but it's not like they have no more money to fund future games. They have their bombas, but this comes down to their piss poor marketing and not the time we are living in. New IPs can still sell well even in the last year of the cycle. I can already guarantee you TLOU will do at least 3 million. Not every game needs to do that much or even more to be considered a success for Microsoft. Alan Wake flopped badly compared to their other franchises and this was in 2010, where other new IPs still sold way better. They simply fucked up with the release window, it's not because it was released late in the cycle.

I always love how people say alan Wake 'flopped' badly but when Ips that come out as late as last year sell even less than Alan Wake sold 3 years ago with a bigger install base then no one speaks a peep about it.

I remember when IGN tried to cover their butts about calling AW a flop when they heard that Reach's digital sales were counted and AWs wasnt.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/03/report-alan-wakes-sales-closer-to-15-million-units

But what baffles me about a certain segment of GAF is that they say stuff like 'I would simply like Micrsoft to create one IP or fund more risky stuff' but won't acknowledge that they are.

Ok instead of one let's talk about 3 we already know about:

How many people keep pointing out State of Decay literally published by Microsoft.

After Walking Dead gets GOTY how is it possible that this game somehow doesnt count as a new IP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yvUGEmj_MY

Let's talk about the Action RPG Ascend: New Gods. One of the most interesting thing about the game outside of the fact that nobody remembers it was actually shown on the E3 stage, is the fact that the devs were talking about a feature that if for some reason somebody invaded your game ala Demons Souls you would get a text on your phone and you could affect the game from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1wdxO8jVt4

Quick somebody tell me where they last heard that it took a new AAA game and maybe even a new console for this kind of interactivity to happen.

And lastly, Twisted Pixel's WTF Game of the Year Loco cycle..no comment I need this game and a bottle of liquor in my life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kc_wzQ1edg

Again all new IP all coming this year and all published by Microsoft.

But I bet none of them count.

m23

Conker is more a game that is suited to good visual direction, not pushing polys and showcasing grunt of anything (really). People don't jizz over good looking fur, because the 360 and PS3 were pretty good at doing it. If MS can show off jumping on/over skyscrapers through a large, detailed city while throwing vehicles around and blowing shit up, it'll pull in far more people.

Yeah, I know. I've just been waiting too long and they've been sitting on the IP for so long. Loved the game on N64, some of the most fun playing that game.

DEADEVIL

Yea that is why i say quantity doesn't mean quality. They put a lot of games out but most aren't so good or a 7 at best. Alan wake flop was also part on MS,they did not market the game and i was surprised since they usually back their games up with good promotion. red dead isn't big or anything so i don't think it was that game.

D@mn Syphon Filter you are dead on about a the marketing of AW (For the record one of my fave PS2 series and will buy it day one when they announce it at this years E3. Even though I have been saying this for the last couple of E3s)

But, let's remember what happened.

AW had development issues when they went from an open world game to scrapping it 6 months after. The game had a long dev cycle and they new about the release date long before Red Dead released the same day.

It was Rockstar who even after knowing Alan wakes date waited all the way up till March to pushed their release date to May and the AW/Red Dead battle began.

What we all know is Red Dead redemption was not a 'small' game as it was considered bigger than Grand Theft Auto IV to Rockstar.

It took 6 years and 800 people and 100 million to make that game. It had a huge marketing budget and a multiplayer ala GTA iV.

Against a horror game from Remedy.

Alan Wake lost. Red Dead Redemption was the Game of the Year.

The end.

Boss Man

D@mn Syphon Filter you are dead on about a the marketing of AW (For the record one of my fave PS2 series and will buy it day one when they announce it at this years E3. Even though I have been saying this for the last couple of E3s)

But, let's remember what happened.

AW had development issues when they went from an open world game to scrapping it 6 months after. The game had a long dev cycle and they new about the release date long before Red Dead released the same day.

It was Rockstar who even after knowing Alan wakes date waited all the way up till March to pushed their release date to May and the AW/Red Dead battle began.

What we all know is Red Dead redemption was not a 'small' game as it was considered bigger than Grand Theft Auto IV to Rockstar.

It took 6 years and 800 people and 100 million to make that game. It had a huge marketing budget and a multiplayer ala GTA iV.

Against a horror game from Remedy.

Alan Wake lost. Red Dead Redemption was the Game of the Year.

The end.
I disagree with you that MS (as of late) has been making a genuine effort on new IPs, and no I don't think your earlier post says much at all against this.

But Alan Wake was definitely one of them, and whether or not it sold or whatever is a moot point. It was bold and invested in, give them credit for that 100%. Now I just want to see them do a lot more of it. Their efforts with Mistwalker earlier in the generation were good too.

DEADEVIL

Microsoft wouldn't have had to build all these new studios if they didn't kill the old ones.

Cmon Bacon, are we claiming MS is the only one who shut down studios. Sony shutdown Liverpool (The Wipeout boys) among others as well. I hated that Ensemble shutdown after developing one of my favorite games this gen, Halo Wars.

The economy hit every one bad. Like 20+ studios got the axe, but yet everyone pretends you can just drop millions on a new Ip for bragging rights on a message board.

Izick

I always love how people say alan Wake 'flopped' badly but when Ips that come out as late as last year sell even less than Alan Wake sold 3 years ago with a bigger install base then no one speaks a peep about it.

I remember when IGN tried to cover their butts about calling AW a flop when they heard that Reach's digital sales were counted and AWs wasnt.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/12/03/report-alan-wakes-sales-closer-to-15-million-units

But what baffles me about a certain segment of GAF is that they say stuff like 'I would simply like Micrsoft to create one IP or fund more risky stuff' but won't acknowledge that they are.

Ok instead of one let's talk about 3 we already know about:

How many people keep pointing out State of Decay literally published by Microsoft.

After Walking Dead gets GOTY how is it possible that this game somehow doesnt count as a new IP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yvUGEmj_MY

Let's talk about the Action RPG Ascend: New Gods. One of the most interesting thing about the game outside of the fact that nobody remembers it was actually shown on the E3 stage, is the fact that the devs were talking about a feature that if for some reason somebody invaded your game ala Demons Souls you would get a text on your phone and you could affect the game from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1wdxO8jVt4

Quick somebody tell me where they last heard that it took a new AAA game and maybe even a new console for this kind of interactivity to happen.

And lastly, Twisted Pixel's WTF Game of the Year Loco cycle..no comment I need this game and a bottle of liquor in my life

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kc_wzQ1edg

Again all new IP all coming this year and all published by Microsoft.

But I bet none of them count.

3Sjw81U.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

A lot of truth in this post. Crackdown just has enough potential that everyone who acknowledges the issues of both games still would die for a third.

Though I must note the second had faaaaaaar more newly introduced issues than things it fixed. I'm not even sure it fixed anything when the mission structure and combat was still largely as unvaried as the first.

Cmon Bacon, are we claiming MS is the only one who shut down studios. Sony shutdown Liverpool (The Wipeout boys) among others as well. I hated that Ensemble shutdown after developing one of my favorite games this gen, Halo Wars.

The economy hit every one bad. Like 20+ studios got the axe, but yet everyone pretends you can just drop millions on a new Ip for bragging rights on a message board.

I'm not saying they're the only ones doing it. But they did it before the economy tanked. It was at about year 2 of the original Xbox that teams started disappearing. Granted they were responsible for games that didn't sell well, much like Sony's cuts. Microsoft has been making a lot of money off the 360 during the economic crisis, Sony's been losing it by the hundreds of millions. I don't think the situations are similar. I also don't mind that Microsoft spends their money more wisely. I'm incredibly happy they spent whatever they did on Minecraft 360 instead of spending it on a new franchise that most likely wouldnt have been the same quality as Minecraft. Sony's problem is they have a slew of exclusives, most of which either suck or are simply mediocre at best, and their sales numbers back it up. Some people are fine with that because "at least they're trying." Whoopteee doo for trying. Be smart with your money.

i hope they don't make a halo spinoff,that franchise needs a huge rest along with gears. i dont expect them too anyways since they have games out recently. i see a crackdown 3,alan wake 2 and forza 5 though.

Personally i would love for 343i to be able to work on something else other then halo, they have supreme talent

I'm not saying they're the only ones doing it. But they did it
before the economy tanked. It was at about year 2 of the original Xbox that teams started disappearing. Granted they were responsible for games that didn't sell well, much like Sony's cuts. Microsoft has been making a lot of money off the 360 during the economic crisis, Sony's been losing it by the hundreds of millions. I don't think the situations are similar. I also don't mind that Microsoft spends their money more wisely. I'm incredibly happy they spent whatever they did on Minecraft 360 instead of spending it on a new franchise that most likely wouldnt have been the same quality as Minecraft. Sony's problem is they have a slew of exclusives, most of which either suck or are simply mediocre at best, and their sales numbers back it up. Some people are fine with that because "at least they're trying." Whoopteee doo for trying. Be smart with your money.

Microsoft shutdown studios that didn't have experience with console development, ensemble had a lot of issues getting halo wars up and running. probably wasn't feasible to keep investing in talent that has no clue how to work on consoles. Atleast MS shutdown PC developers for the most part

DEADEVIL

I disagree with you that MS (as of late) has been making a genuine effort on new IPs, and no I don't think your earlier post says much at all against this.

But Alan Wake was definitely one of them, and whether or not it sold or whatever is a moot point. It was bold and invested in, give them credit for that 100%. Now I just want to see them do a lot more of it. Their efforts with Mistwalker earlier in the generation were good too.

Speak to the choir my friend. Alan Wake is absolutely one of my favorite game experiences this gen.

But, I again in regards to new game Ips I could point to XBLA, Kinect, the new games slated, and the fact that Sony hadn't developed a new IP for the same amount of time.

But, then the responses are all goal post movements and how it doesnt matter for Sony because that's there console of preference.

Just read for yourself.

But, at the end of the day we all have opinions.

JimiNutz

Banned
MS really has some great franchises to use. I'd love to see:

New Conker
New Killer Instinct
New Perfect Dark
New Kameo
New Banjo
Forza Horizon 2
Alan Wake 2
Halo Wars 2
Crackdown 3

Yes these are all sequels but they are underused IP. None of these have been milked, they would all be fresh and exciting.

Even if MS only make half of these it'll be a nice change from the usual Halo/Gears/Fable.

New Conker
New Killer Instinct
New Perfect Dark
New Kameo
New Banjo
Forza Horizon 2
Alan Wake 2
Halo Wars 2
Crackdown 3

Yes these are all sequels but they are underused IP. None of these have been milked, they would all be fresh and exciting.

Even if MS only make half of these it'll be a nice change from the usual Halo/Gears/Fable.

KI 3 would make so much sense for launch or launch window too. Fighters are back and at the start is when all kinds of games release. Rare kept trolling us with teases:

rare-xmas-490.jpg

Personally i would love for 343i to be able to work on something else other then halo, they have supreme talent

No offense meant to Frankie or his team, but I think Halo limits 343. They're pretty much forced to do things one specific way or risk losing fans. Would love to see them come up with their own IP.

JimiNutz

Banned
KI 3 would make so much sense for launch or launch window too. Fighters are back and at the start is when all kinds of games release. Rare kept trolling us with teases:

Unfortunately MS tried to renew their rights to the trademark 'Killer Instinct' and was recently denied because a tv show used the name back in 2005! Apparently MS have a few months to appeal the decision.

Read that on wiki so not sure how accurate it is.

DEADEVIL

I'm not saying they're the only ones doing it. But they did it before the economy tanked. It was at about year 2 of the original Xbox that teams started disappearing. Granted they were responsible for games that didn't sell well, much like Sony's cuts. Microsoft has been making a lot of money off the 360 during the economic crisis, Sony's been losing it by the hundreds of millions. I don't think the situations are similar. I also don't mind that Microsoft spends their money more wisely. I'm incredibly happy they spent whatever they did on Minecraft 360 instead of spending it on a new franchise that most likely wouldnt have been the same quality as Minecraft. Sony's problem is they have a slew of exclusives, most of which either suck or are simply mediocre at best, and their sales numbers back it up. Some people are fine with that because "at least they're trying." Whoopteee doo for trying. Be smart with your money.

Lol. Ouch. You are a little brutal on some of those Sony exclusives. I'm that guy that buys a zillion games and has the ridiculous backlog.

What has always baffled me about Sony is they actually had games that would have made a bigger impact, but they would leave them to die. Not only by not advertising, but they would announce them too early and by the time the game would come out there would be nothing. MS was guilty of this with AW as well.

My biggest gripe was always who the $%^& scheduled the release dates for these games. I always felt like they were sabotaging their biggest titles not from Naughty Dog. If I worked for Sony I would be the guy who scheduled the games and I would have fired the guys who marketed Vita.

But, yeah I won't joke about the Studio closing, when you see what happens to devs in this new financial world after games like Saboteur, Blur (my personal top 3 funnest arcade racer this gen), Kingdoms of Amalur etc. You can't blame MS. Look at when Insomniac makes the best Resistance ever or how Superbot had GAF in a frenzy with allstars. When they logged off and faced reality it wasnt all roses.

But, you bring up some very interesting points about when the MS closings actually began. But, I always got the perception from all the media at the time, how it was the market crisis that doomed Ensemble and the MS Flight devs. But I definately could be wrong.

Either way, Halo Wars. Personal classic. I loved Bungie, but they made great games, but Ensemble literally murdered them in cut scenes. Not counting H4 which made my eyes bleed with joy.

DEADEVIL

Microsoft shutdown studios that didn't have experience with console development, ensemble had a lot of issues getting halo wars up and running. probably wasn't feasible to keep investing in talent that has no clue how to work on consoles. Atleast MS shutdown PC developers for the most part

This is why I love GAF. I never heard any of this about Ensemble.

Karak

Speak to the choir my friend. Alan Wake is absolutely one of my favorite game experiences this gen.

But, I again in regards to new game Ips I could point to XBLA, Kinect, the new games slated, and the fact that Sony hadn't developed a new IP for the same amount of time.

But, then the responses are all goal post movements and how it doesnt matter for Sony because that's there console of preference.

Just read for yourself.

But, at the end of the day we all have opinions.

Well factually games, regardless of delivery system, do count. So PSN, XBLA, or paper airplane delivery they are games and if its a new IP its a new IP. If people pretend something does or doesn't matter, regardless of facts, thats not really something anyone should worry about and no one should spend even a second worrying about defending. Facts take care of that. That goes for both sides of the gaming fence as people on all 3 systems sides like to do it.

DasMarcos

Banned
I feel that most people are really underestimating Microsoft's response to Sony. That in and of itself should give them a huge boost when they are finally set to reveal their stuff.

Shaneus

New Conker
New Killer Instinct
New Perfect Dark
New Kameo
New Banjo
Forza Horizon 2
Alan Wake 2
Halo Wars 2
Crackdown 3

You forgot Blinx! ;)

But, you also forgot Rallisport. And Midtown Madness. Maybe Rare would work on something like that? They did Beetle Adventure Racing or something, didn't they? Seems like the cartoony sort of vibe they'd go for, would work well with online without feeling out of place, could show off whatever graphics they'd like (fictional cityscapes could be a possibility) and they'd have their own equivalent kart racer to rival Mario Kart and whatever Sony tried to push that didn't work (LBP Karting or something?).

Lol. Ouch. You are a little brutal on some of those Sony exclusives. I'm that guy that buys a zillion games and has the ridiculous backlog.

Not brutal, just honest. How many Wipeouts need to fail before you realize no amount of trying is going to make people care? How many different skins can you put on Mod Nation Racing before you understand no one wants it? It's even harder for a company consistently losing money to keep taking chances on stuff people appear to not want. I give Sony much credit for dumping the weak and consolidating the strong. Their bigger franchises should be better for it, and hopefully they'll be able to focus marketing attention on them. Sony was a lot more fun when they had great, humorous advertising and games to match the quality of the advertising. I hope getting The Witness turns out to be huge for them. An open world puzzle game is right up my alley.

Top Bottom