• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you have a US PT license, you may be able to download PT using this tool - Reddit

jamsy

Not working for me.

When I run the checkIP exe, I get:
eISLRun.png

The 10.0.0.3 doesn't work. I think I should be getting a regular type IP here? Little help?

wiibomb

I'm trying, but when I test the internet connection, it says that it cannot conect, I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be doing something wrong

finalflame

OK, it's telling me to "connect a LAN cable and try again." Am I an idiot? Or do I need to hook up the PS4 to my laptop via ethernet?

When you started the network settings, did you choose "Wireless connection" where it gives you the option to choose between that and an ethernet connection? And did it prompt you to put in your wireless SSID/password?

finalflame

People actually sell PS4's with PT installed as a USP just so they can ask a higher price? Wow.

Yup, just search eBay for "P.T. PS4". I think the crazy has died down a bit now, but right after it was pulled they were selling for a pretty penny.

jamsy

When you started the network settings, did you choose "Wireless connection" where it gives you the option to choose between that and an ethernet connection? And did it prompt you to put in your wireless SSID/password?
Thanks, I managed to get it working. Had to turn off my firewall to get it to connect but it's finally downloading!

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Hot damn, it worked! Thank you so much for the guide. It was always bullshit that they removed access to something that we owned a license to.

yatesl

Not read the topic, but I don't see how Sony would know you're doing this if there is no data sent to their servers.

How likely is it to get banned by this?

From what I am reading this is the same sort of thing people have been doing for years with PS3 and Vita. People would download the package from PSN direct to their PC by intercepting the download (apparently it is faster to PC) then redirecting the console to download that file off your PC.

I have never heard of anyone being banned by it and leads me to believe we should be able to have the package for PT on our PCs too.

You can read this for how this sort of thing was done on Vita: http://wololo.net/2014/10/27/how-to-download-vita-games-using-idm-from-pc-by-ryuzen/

Elixist

if i take my user account off my ps4, lets say to sell it, will PT still be on there for the next customer? i have had it since it came out and dint delete it.

Tumo

This worked on my UK PS4 using my US PSN account - hopefully they only ban the US account not my console and/or UK account.

micster

Why are people so worried about being banned? Sony has no idea you're doing this, because you already have a licence. It's not like they can ban everyone who is suddenly playing P.T. either - because people who kept it on their hard drive would then get wrapped up in the ban.

If I had Windows and it definitely worked in the EU then I would jump on it in an instant.

Embearded

If someone has an account that he doesn't use with PT license in it, i would love a quick lend for a download!
It's been only a month since i bought my PS4!

BibiMaghoo

I would be really cautious about doing this. You are redirecting the download from Sony's servers to your own, and that may be cause for a ban, even if one has not occured to date.

Proceed with caution people. It's not worth losing stuff you paid for to get a free demo for a game that is never going to come out.

shandy706

I have a HUGE question here!!
Huge to me, lol

Is it possible for me to get Gran Turismo on my Vita from Europe somehow?????!!!!

Not having it here in the US sucks so much.

Is there a way? Can someone guide me?

I'm not willing to do it if I will be banned, but boy I want GT so bad :(

mieumieu

I would be really cautious about doing this. You are redirecting the download from Sony's servers to your own, and that may be cause for a ban, even if one has not occured to date.

Proceed with caution people. It's not worth losing stuff you paid for to get a free demo for a game that is never going to come out.

I am from China where connection to PSN was slow as hell until this year when the console officially released here. I had been using proxy server to speed it up for a long time. A lot of us here do. The risk for using just a proxy is low enough, because it is a feature that the console officially supports.

I am not sure about that particular software this trick requires though. Could be harmful to your computer...?

Gandalf

I'm being a derp. Installed the software on my folks Windows laptop, how do I run it? I can't find it anywhere. No desktop shortcut, doesn't appear in "All Programs". Halp pls

Edit: dw, need to download something else.

Clockwork

Because even if you ignore its purpose as an advertisement, this short standalone game is one of the best of its year and of Kojima's career.

Pure hyperbole. Although it is a fairly interesting experiment/demo in design and story telling, it isn't fleshed out enough to garner these types of comments. Was it entertaining? Sure, but content wise it's virtually a non-game.

I enjoyed it for what it was, but I don't quite understand where some of these comments come from.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Redeemed for it on the web store but it was pulled before I got a PS4. I might try this!

Top Bottom