• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you have a US PT license, you may be able to download PT using this tool - Reddit

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
It's downloading for me. I sure hope this doesn't get my PSN banned or anything...

Thanks for the thread OP. I had PT when it came out but forgot to re-download it when I set up my 20th Anniversary PS4.

Quick and easy.

Gandalf

I just can't get the proxy itself to work.

Tried port forwarding for 808. I've disabled Windows Firewall as I couldn't find "Squid" under the Programs list, so I could set it to trusted...

This is hurting my brain.

Guys, for those wondering about bans, I just remembered I used this method to download a 4GB Battlefield 3 patch on PS3 when PSN was fucked up and would always fail to update the game after ~40%. This was about 2~2.5 years ago and my account is still standing strong, so I don't think there should be any issues!

I can get to obtain an IP Address using this method, but when checking for the actual Internet Connection, the PS4 fails to connect and shows an error (CE-33986-9). Anyone else getting this?

Gandalf

I can get to obtain an IP Address using this method, but when checking for the actual Internet Connection, the PS4 fails to connect and shows an error (CE-33986-9). Anyone else getting this?

Yep. And I can't figure it out. Disabled Windows Firewall. Opened the relevant ports. Running out of ideas...

Shall I disable my router Firewall temporarily?

Rudakus

Just in time to scare the bajeebers out of the family at Christmas lol

**edit** You guys are putting in your IP address on the PS4 and not the one shown in the vid/picture right?**

BroBot

Tried this method last night. Quick and easy. Took about 5 minutes. Though P.T did download pretty slow. It installed and plays like normal.

BibiMaghoo

I am from China where connection to PSN was slow as hell until this year when the console officially released here. I had been using proxy server to speed it up for a long time. A lot of us here do. The risk for using just a proxy is low enough, because it is a feature that the console officially supports.

I am not sure about that particular software this trick requires though. Could be harmful to your computer...?

Yeah a proxy by itself is fine, but this is using third party software to redirect traffic in addition to the proxy itself, and that is why I would be cautious. This may be perfectly safe, but man, how much would it sting if it's not? Would anyone think it worth trading their purchases for? I would imagine not in all honesty, and think the risk here outweighs the reward for sure.

Maybe someone could tweet Shu or support and try for confirmation this is safe. It's on the internet now so Konami will be aware of it anyway.

Gandalf

Just in time to scare the bajeebers out of the family at Christmas lol

**edit** You guys are putting in your IP address on the PS4 and not the one shown in the vid/picture right?**

I am indeed. I'm honestly not sure what else to try, as i can't disable my routers firewall (probably a bad idea anyway). Any help or suggestions from anyone would be appreciated.

shandy706

I have a HUGE question here!!
Huge to me, lol

Is it possible for me to get Gran Turismo on my Vita from Europe somehow?????!!!!

Not having it here in the US sucks so much.

Is there a way? Can someone guide me?

I'm not willing to do it if I will be banned, but boy I want GT so bad :(

Quoting myself here.

Anyone?

Gandalf

Oh my God... I'm actually downloading it!

I have no idea what I did differently... I literally just reinstalled. It's downloading, slowly but surely.

Buzzing.

I can confirm it is working in EU.

Oh my God... I'm actually downloading it!

I have no idea what I did differently... I literally just reinstalled. It's downloading, slowly but surely.

Buzzing.

I can confirm it is working in EU.

Hey mate, what did you reinstall? The Squid stuff? I'm still getting the same error :(

Gandalf

Hey mate, what did you reinstall? The Squid stuff? I'm still getting the same error :(

I just reinstalled the Squid thing. I'm not technical with this stuff, but I'll let you know what steps I took (Not sure how much is necessary, but as it worked in the end I'll just list it all, in order).

Installed Squid.

Checked out the IP Checker thing.

Put my IPv4 address into the PS4s Proxy section on network settings, with the port 808 underneath.

I have a Sky (fibre) router, so firstly I added ports 801 and 808 to the "Services" section. I saw someone say something about 801... So decided to do that too. I put them on there as TCP/UDP, although I'm unclear if that matters. Next I went to "Firewall Rules", under the "Outbound services" part, I set these ports as allow always.

After that I went into the Control Panel on the laptop, and completely disabled Windows firewall.

This is where I hit a wall, as it still wouldn't work...

I literally just reinstalled Squid, and did the network connection test on the PS4, and it bloody worked!

Hope it helped a little bit.

Good luck pal.

I really want to try this, but i'm too fking scared of getting banned. I want someone from Sony to say it is OK to do or at least hint at it before trying anything.

TigerBrown

I also had problems to pass the internet connection test, so what I did was disabling all firewalls and also disabling my DMZ setting for my PCs IP adress, then I reinstalled squid.

Downloading now, never thought I would get my hands on this game again someday.

MMaRsu

Banned
Fuck it ill redownload it.. PLEASE DONT BAN US SONY WE LOVE YOU ♡

This is imo a must have.. still one of fhe scariest "games" Ive played

Now downloading. Confirming it works in the EU.

I had to disable my firewalls on everything and forward the ports 808 and 801 on my router settings. Disabled my anti virus aswell.

If anyone needs help doing this then send me a PM.

MMaRsu

Banned
Now downloading. Confirming it works in the EU.

I had to disable my firewalls on everything and forward the ports 808 and 801 on my router settings. Disabled my anti virus aswell.

If anyone needs help doing this then send me a PM.

Hey man I got my ps4 connected via Wifi to my router, and the pc with a cable. I entered the pc proxy but it wont let me connect to the internet with those settings..

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
How did you set it up m8? did you have ur ps4 on wires? Pc too?

I literally just followed the instructions. Downloaded the program and the other one for my ip, entered the information in my ps4 network settings area. Went to the ps4 store and found pt in my library and redownloaded it.

My ps4 and laptop are wireless.

MMaRsu

Banned
OMG!!

Yeah after clearing those ports and a reinstall of the squid it seems to be downloading now!!! VERY slowly tho lol...

I mean.. like 30kb type slow

Still.. SUCK IT KONAMI

Lamptramp

My god, you magnificent bastards whoever made this work.

I still have my copy installed but I'm over the moon for you guys that are managing to download it, congrats! Keep at it everyone else.

Can someone clarify for me cause I'm a PS4 nub:

Does having the "licence" mean you downloaded the game when it came out and you deleted it, or does just adding it to your library now mean you have the license?

My friend has downloaded PT before it was taken down I think. Any way I can download it from my PS4 using his PSN, remove his PSN from my PS4 and play it even though I don't own the license?

Can someone clarify for me cause I'm a PS4 nub:

Does having the "licence" mean you downloaded the game when it came out and you deleted it, or does just adding it to your library now mean you have the license?

As long as it's in your library. It doesn't have to have been dled before.

Top Bottom