• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN's Peer Schneider: "the NX is a complete reboot for Nintendo"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dystify

I don't think it's intended to be a handheld. At that screensize plus a few inches for the controls on each side it's not going to be something anyone is carrying with them or playing on the go.
Anyone expecting a 3DS successor is going to be disappointed.

It's a home portable. More something you play lounging around in bed, or can easily carry from room to room to be used anywhere. Or carried to someone house. Not for regular use on the go, it's completely impractical for that. I'd say it's better thought of as an ultra portable console with an integrated screen, not a handheld gaming device for play anywhere anytime.

I haven't been following the topic much lately so I'm not sure what this is about. Are you talking about your dream console/handheld or are you saying you think this is what Nintendo will do with NX?

If Nintendo wanted to do another "home portable" type of console like you described they'd release another Wii U. NX won't be that though.

Malus

I don't think it's intended to be a handheld. At that screensize plus a few inches for the controls on each side it's not going to be something anyone is carrying with them or playing on the go.
Anyone expecting a 3DS successor is going to be disappointed.

It's a home portable. More something you play lounging around in bed, or can easily carry from room to room to be used anywhere. Or carried to someone house. Not for regular use on the go, it's completely impractical for that. I'd say it's better thought of as an ultra portable console with an integrated screen, not a handheld gaming device for play anywhere anytime.

What you're describing is a Wii U gamepad with better signal range.

Practical or not, Nintendo's gonna sell this thing as a fully handheld capable device unless they've lost their marbles. Otherwise why bother giving it that functionality instead of just making 3DS 2 and Wii U 2?

Malus

Grain of salt:

https://twitter.com/nintex_nl/status/777981636122185728

But assuming it's true *and* this is about NX, can Nintendo really expect zero leaks until October?

Is that the same guy from this thread or is he playing copy cat?

Considering how Marcel can have reliable informations, I'd say the retailer meeting is indeed happening. Of course, who knows if it is for NX, after all.

Yes Marcel is a close personal friend of mine and he would never lie about this. /s

(Seriously though, I'm shocked that you guys know about this person lol. Is there a catalogue of insiders I'm missing out on?)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Grain of salt:

But assuming it's true *and* this is about NX, can Nintendo really expect zero leaks until October?

Considering how Marcel can have reliable informations, I'd say the retailer meeting is indeed happening. Of course, who knows if it is for NX, after all.

Also, how can Nintendo expect people will stay silent until October? Well, I believe they care about living and breathing, right?

I find it hard to believe that Nintendo wouldn't give at least a week's notice of a reveal. They'd want to hype up the reveal as much as possible to make sure as many people as possible are aware of it and thus as many as possible are watching it. Same reason why they always announce when a new system will be shown at e3 well in advanced, although in this case they have even more reason to hype up the reveal in advance because it's not a set event like e3 that people would be following regardless

Also, how can Nintendo expect people will stay silent until October? Well, I believe they care about living and breathing, right?

Unless it's in conjunction with an announcement. They could even do an announcement before, if you think about it.

I find it hard to believe that Nintendo wouldn't give at least a week's notice of a reveal. They'd want to hype up the reveal as much as possible to make sure as many people as possible are aware of it and thus as many as possible are watching it. Same reason why they always announce when a new system will be shown at e3 well in advanced, although in this case they have even more reason to hype up the reveal in advance because it's not a set event like e3 that people would be following regardless

Please understand.

Dystify

I think the Germany thing deserves its own thread at this point, even if it's not for the NX

A thread with no reliable information will be closed fairly quickly. We need more than second hand information of a GAF and ex-GAF member imo. But somebody could try, maybe mods will pity us and let it stay, however unlikely it is.
Please don't.

Even if Nintendo talks about NX with their business partners it doesn't mean that the reveal will be done around the same time. That's why the NDAs exists. This is Gamestop story reloadee.

Well, I could be wrong, but I assume the top executives at the various retail partners have already seen NX behind closed doors. "Retailers" to me means broadening the circle to a lower level, which significantly increases the odds of a leak. But I suppose I could be wrong, and who knows if this is even NX-related at all.

I think the Germany thing deserves its own thread at this point, even if it's not for the NX

Definitely not.

-Horizon-

Grain of salt:

TEqv0.gif

You know a thread is getting good when I bust out the spongebob gifs

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Honestly, I don't believe separated threads for this are such a good idea.

wwm0nkey

No NX threads deserve to be made anymore unless they're big time like the Eurogamer one.

I don't see this as purely NX. I mean it can be for any of their current games/series but if it's true it deserves it's own thread NX or not IMO

hell I don't even think it will be NX but it's interesting either way

Dystify

I don't see this as purely NX. I mean it can be for any of their current games/series but if it's true it deserves it's own thread NX or not IMO

hell I don't even think it will be NX but it's interesting either way

It's interesting, sure. But a topic with no real information is pretty pointless. What are people gonna talk about in it? It's just gonna be the usual Nintendo/ NX related joke posts. If we actually knew more about the meeting then it'd be a different story. Just my opinion.

L Thammy

(Seriously though, I'm shocked that you guys know about this person lol. Is there a catalogue of insiders I'm missing out on?)

Name's ringing a bell, I'm trying to remember... Didn't this guy get permabanned from GAF? Had an avatar of someone in a Slippy Toad costume holding a chair?

wwm0nkey

It's interesting, sure. But a topic with no real information is pretty pointless. What are people gonna talk about in it? It's just gonna be the usual Nintendo/ NX related joke posts. If we actually knew more about the meeting then it'd be a different story. Just my opinion.

That's a pretty fair point.

Dystify

So him and Rogers have fake written all over them. Who else is a supposed reliable?

Emily Rogers has fake written all over her? Well if that's what you want to believe... And this meeting isn't really something anybody would lie about, but I don't really know the guy so I can't comment on it.

gafneo

Banned
Emily Rogers has fake written all over her? Well if that's what you want to believe... And this meeting isn't really something anybody would lie about, but I don't really know the guy so I can't comment on it.

Why is there reasons to believe? Someone debunked them earlier saying they were suppose to announce a US Mother 3 and Nintendo never did.

maxcriden

As a reminder, we also have the Nintendo Rep conference starting in a week, which is usually focused on the most important launches of the next 12 months, specifically in regards to messaging, marketing campaigns, and retailer cooperation within North America.

I don't think there's necessarily any guarantee that we'll get a full reveal by the end of next week, but between these two events (EDIT: If this retailer meeting is real and ends up having literally anything to do with NX, which is a bit of a long shot in my mind) I think there's a good chance of somebody slipping up at the very least, though I wouldn't put any money down on it.

And if Emily Rogers thinks there's a 0% chance of a reveal this week, then I'm personally pretty willing to agree with her. No reveal this week also makes me want to step back a bit on the rep conference angle, because I always found a reveal the week of to be less likely than a reveal the week before.

Well, I could be wrong, but I assume the top executives at the various retail partners have already seen NX behind closed doors. "Retailers" to me means broadening the circle to a lower level, which significantly increases the odds of a leak. But I suppose I could be wrong, and who knows if this is even NX-related at all.

Right, between this and/or the Nintendo rep conference, it seems significantly more likely leaks would occur, which means to me that this isn't about NX details unless the public is also getting them.

NateDrake

Why is there reasons to believe? Someone debunked them earlier saying they were suppose to announce a US Mother 3 and Nintendo never did.

Mother 3 being announced was never given a time. People assumed E3, but it was never said that would be the venue in which an announcement would happen.

Is an event happening? It seems like it. Not that it would require inside information to discover if retailers are gathering. GameStop did just meet with Nintendo at the GS Meeting, and we know Nintendo reps have a thing coming up soon too.

gafneo

Banned
Mother 3 being announced was never given a time. People assumed E3, but it was never said that would be the venue in which an announcement would happen.

Ok, so I would be skeptical about this one either way. A Mother 3 could be a guess since Earthbound and Super Earthbound made it onto the VC. The Wii U is still pumping out DS classics on EShop so it may pop up out of nowhere.

L Thammy

Ok, so I would be skeptical about this one either way. A Mother 3 could be a guess since Earthbound and Super Earthbound made it onto the VC. The Wii U is still pumping out DS classics on EShop so it may pop up out of nowhere.

Fuck, that reminds me. I still need to play Super EarthBound.

NateDrake

Mother 3 was reported by several outlets as well.

Dystify

Why can't we just have a NX general thread ?

Because they end up as threads where people post about whatever they like. It's the same as the last NX threads. There's hundreds of new comments every day without any actual new rumors or info being posted. Back in the Wii U speculation era mods let it happen, but I guess they don't want a repeat of it nowadays. I kind of agree. I want NX info as much as the next guy and like to discuss about it, but it gets pretty tiring when people keep repeating the same things over and over and there's no actual info.

Either way, NX will be revealed soon. A general thread then would be more appropriate.

It could also be for the nx and thus the announcement was delayed as it's probable that Nintendo originally planned to reveal the nx at e3

Retrobox

Mother 3 seemed like a lock to me when it was actually mentioned directly in the E3 2014 digital event. That's just too specific to not amount to anything. Unless you have a persecution complex and think Nintendo did that to personally spite you, that is...

There's also this hilarious mother's day thing which I thought was pretty suspicious: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg6OLlf0wX4#t=30s

tolkir

It was said 2016 for the 10th anniversary. Mother 3 without date wouldn't be news because everyone knows someday they'll release it.

Banned
NX leaks are gonna happen soon. Either from this retail meeting in Frankfurt or from a Foxconn employee lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom