• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Important Reminder: Macy Gray is in the first Spider-Man film for some reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtUxRBl2KdU

And yeah even as an 8 year old I thought it was random. Excellent post Mandrake.

So Harry just saw the Green Goblin throw a fucking grenade at him and his sweet heart, and trying to kill a bunch of innocents, then he gets all weepy when his father dies at the end? And he blames Spiderman?

Your father just tried to murder you!

Also, that CG was fucking terrible, lol. Much better in 2.

Bahaha, this thread cracked me up. Thank you Sir Mandrake.

I've seen the first Spider-Man film close to fifty times. The only time I am ever cognizant of Macy Gray's existence is during her cameo.

It's so freaking goofy, especially those absurd "NUTTY NUTMEG FANTASY!" lyrics, that I can't help but love it. I've gotten more joy out of her inclusion in the film than I would have if she wasn't in it.

I guess if I want to extrapolate that down to it's logical conclusion, my life is infinitesimally better because Macy Gray has been born. And I guarantee that's the biggest compliment she's received on the Internet in the past four years.

Dereck

AuApaKA.jpg

"Oh boy, I get to see another shitty band that takes up almost as much screen time as the actual characters"
I just nostalgia'd, and yes Cibo Matto.

This was honestly the only flaw in an otherwise perfect movie. It reeks of some sleezy business dudes wanting to put her in as some kind of business synergy strategy

jaxword

Not bad for a president and CEO of a "major" airline, huh?

Wait, which one of you runs an airline at 26? Dead man or Lionel?

So Harry just saw the Green Goblin throw a fucking grenade at him and his sweet heart, and trying to kill a bunch of innocents, then he gets all weepy when his father dies at the end? And he blames Spiderman?

Your father just tried to murder you!

It's pretty obvious Harry is going through a mental breakdown. Not only is he having trouble accepting the truth, his mind is flat out creating its own version of the truth.

His breakdown is very pronounced in the comics and it even comes across to some degree in the movies.

Chuckie

Macy Gray has never been REALLY big in the Netherlands. So when she showed up... I was like...wow this is fucking random... why is this nobody in this movie, did they spend all the budget on the CG?

jph139

As a reminder to people-this movie did not age well AT ALL. It's now cheesy as fuck.

I actually rewatched it like a month ago and it was even better than I remembered!

But "cheesy as fuck" is how I like my superhero movies so that's probably the reason there. Spider-Man 2 remains the tops (and I remember liking Spider-Man 3 when I was like 15 but I dread returning to it.)

Hystzen

should have had her croak the Spiderman theme during the scene but was never really bothered by it

Think the Korn episode of Monk confused me the most

This shit happens all the time, moreso with TV shows. The season 1 finale of Smallville was the worst.

"HOLY SHIT ITS REMI ZERO, YOU KNOW, THE BAND NOBODY KNOWS THAT DOES THE OPENING SONG TO OUR SHOW WHICH THEY'RE GOING TO PERFORM LIVE AT OUR PROM! WOOOOOOOOO!"

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
This shit happens all the time, moreso with TV shows. The season 1 finale of Smallville was the worst.

"HOLY SHIT ITS REMI ZERO, YOU KNOW, THE BAND NOBODY KNOWS THAT DOES THE OPENING SONG TO OUR SHOW WHICH THEY'RE GOING TO PERFORM LIVE AT OUR PROM! WOOOOOOOOO!"

Britney Spears in Jett Jackson for some reason.

This stuff is becoming increasingly more fascinating. It's such a perfect way to date your show/movie/whatever.

Suairyu

Banned
It's just another in a long list of reasons why the first Spider-man isn't actually that good a film at all. It's a Sci-Fi original TV movie with a budget. The script is bad, the acting hammy, the cinematography dull, and the lighting flat. It's worse than Spider-man 3 is many ways.

The contrast between this and its sequel, which astoundingly turned out to be one of the first superhero flicks to transcend its genre in quality, is shockingly harsh.

josh_tarrant

Neo Member
Kick-Ass 2 is one of the worst offenders I have ever seen.

The Union J scene in the bedroom was just beyond. Why o why they ever let that happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom