• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Imran Khan:: Bloodborne PC/PS5 was at one point in the works

Gojiira

Nah…If Until Dawn is getting a movie which justifies its remaster, well Bloodborne apparently has a movie on the way too sooooooooo…
Honestly its definitely coming AT SOME POINT, and we dont know what the rest if 2024/2025 will look like from PS.
It sucks but yeah.

AmuroChan

If anything, work on a Bloodborne remaster must have been put on hold in favor of giving the game the Demon's Souls & The Last Of Us Part I treatment, as evidenced by how Sony stopped work on an Until Dawn PC port in 2019/2020 to have it remade with instead.

Demon's Souls performance on the market, as well as telemetry data from third-party remakes such as RE2 among others, must have told them that remakes are the way to go rather than simple remasters.

Perhaps, but based on the that guy's tweet, it's all quiet on the BB front. If it was simply a scope change to a remake, surely there would be whispers about it going around.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Fans should instead be asking for a Bloodborne TV show or movie by PS Studios.

think-use-your-brain.gif
That's actually brilliant lol.

AmuroChan

Ones that have not past a threshold for sales vs expenditure I'd imagine. They might be darlings in some communities but both Dreams and Bloodborne had their PS5/PC versions cancelled likely because of projected sales and studio cost I'd imagine.

Dreams I get. That game bombed and Sony would have to maintain online servers for that game. Dreams also has zero relevance even among PlayStation diehards. A BB remaster is something that PS fans have been clamoring for for years. Plus it would reach a whole new audience on PC. All I'm saying is that this sounds like BS because if even Sackboy can get a PC port and Until Dawn is getting remastered, I find it very hard to believe that Sony would just cancel a BB remaster midway through.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This is how I felt when Microsoft cancelled the Phantom Dust reboot. Bloodborne is obviously more popular...I don't understand how this isn't a no-brainer.

Astral Dog

I swear i hear this exact same thing every year, that Sony either is about to announce or scrapped a Bloodborne port/PC remaster, by this guy or other random source

idk its only going to stir up the fanboys.

Bloodborne does deserve a nice ,60fps slightly updated visual remaster,not sure why it didn't happened if its a matter of resources or cost or something else,but doesn't seem they are planning a sequel either at least appears From has moved on to Elden Ring and other things(Sekiro 2?)

Last edited:

Saber

Gold Member
I recently received a GAF archievement for being here for 5 years.

5 years worth of "Bloodborne" rumors. Not even State of Plays are safe from Bloodborne predictions, you guys need Jesus(or Father Gascoigne).

Perrott

Gold Member
Perhaps, but based on the that guy's tweet, it's all quiet on the BB front. If it was simply a scope change to a remake, surely there would be whispers about it going around.
I mean, there are whispers making the rounds about something going on with Bloodborne: last year David Jaffe mentioned on stream that he heard from a journalist friend that there's either a remake or a remaster in development.

We shall wait and see, of course, but logic tells us that if Until Dawn (~5M copies sold) is getting the remake treatment, there's no way that Bloodborne (~8M copies sold) is getting something too.

peronmls

good riddance. waste of time. FROM players clearly dont give a shit about performance/graphics. so play that ugly ass game as it is, and let them work on NEW games. enough remakes
It's Sonys choice. They gave the funds and published the game. Unfortunately, they have the say.

Haven't really read many of the replies in this thread, but If I were Sony, I would definitely give the greenlight to a strategically positioned Bloodborne remake as a launch (window) title for PS6.

That way you can immediately count on From Soft fanatics to buy your console during the console's release window.

And after sales have dried up two or so years later, you can port it to PC for those who want to double-dip for the definitive Bloodborne experience ™ and for PC-only Souls fans.

Haven't really read many of the replies in this thread, but If I were Sony, I would definitely give the greenlight to a strategically positioned Bloodborne remake as a launch (window) title for PS6.

That way you can immediately count on From Soft fanatics to buy your console during the console's release window.

And after sales have dried up two or so years later, you can port it to PC for those who want to double-dip for the definitive Bloodborne experience ™ and for PC-only Souls fans.
I would put on PC at the end of PS6 life cycle to squeeze even more money from the people who couldn't wait.

diffusionx

Gold Member

It's a great point. It's what they did for Demons Souls, which is still one of the top PS5 games in every way, and Bloodborne on PS6 would be a huge, huge, huge launch game.

Last edited:
There are a multitude of reasons why we probably haven't seen Bloodborne remastered yet.

Primarily being that the original development team isn't going to do it. So you have to find another team to do it. The most obvious choice would be Bluepoint, but for them to do it means it would have to take priority among their current projects. So either you have them find time for it or you find someone else.

If it's true that it was at some point in development, but that it has been years since any update, that would tell us that either it was canceled, deprioritized, or never had a lot of resources to begin with.

Look at it from the standpoint of Nixxes and Bluepoint. Who would be most appropriate to handle the PC port of Demon's Souls? Nixxes is crazy busy right now and they'll at some point need to focus on Spider-Man 2.

I feel like gamers think that everything happens with a flip of a switch.

Porting Demon's Souls to PC makes more sense to do first than remastering Bloodborne for PS5 and PC. And maybe Bluepoint is working on an expansion of the PS5 version of Demon's Souls in conjunction with developing a PC version.

With the success of Elden Ring, there is no way Sony doesn't see a potential market for Bloodborne and Demon's Souls on PC. Just a matter of getting it out there in a way that makes sense.

Until Dawn may have had priority because there was a studio that was available to do it and they might end up doing a movie tie-in.

DavidGzz

If it was at one point a thing then I'm gonna assume it's still in development

Yeah, they are just keeping it super secret to get a crazy crowd reaction at E3....wait a minute E3 is dead. Does Sony still do any live events with crowds? Someone fuel my hopium.

Top Bottom