• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In Japan, Knack 2 debuts at less than 1% of its predecessor

oti

Banned
Listen to me.
Listen.

Knack X Mechs X Waifus... Musou.

💴💴💴💴💴

Pretty sure the TGS reel was the only time ive seen or heard about this game in Japan... Can't imagine it wasn't at least mentioned after the english trailers.

mooksoup

I'm sure they improved the gameplay... but the characters and artstyle just look so bland and unappealing to me.
And it's not like it had a lot of good will from the last game...

blubb

Neo Member
Knack, the Bubsy/Aero the Acrobat of this generation.

Hey, don't insult Aero like that. The games are decent and the character is a million times more appealing. smh

Aero deserves another chance. But only most awful characters and games get memed to the top and are revived.

VariantX

I'm honestly baffles as to why they even bothered making g a Knack 2.

Yeah, it should have been painfully obvious that game sold as much as it did purely because it was a launch title. There was little else to buy at the time. If a significant amount of people were clamoring for a sequel or DLC some time after the game released, I'd understand. Simply put, PS4 owners were starving for games at the time.

v0rtikal

say whatever you like about Knack 2, but I played it and actually finished it and I'd totally recommend it.
It's certainly not the greatest game of all time, but I had a really good time with it.

Griss

Because of the pack-in they got their game into more than 320,000 japanese homes, at that 'new console' stage where people will love anything.

Of those 320,000 homes, less than 3,000 people said 'Yeah, I'd like more of this.'

That's one hell of a failure to retain customers. Knack must surely be dead in the water.

Did 2 not have a bundle? Probably why it’s so low compared to 1.

DSC00014.jpg

hemo memo

Gold Member
Pretty sure the TGS reel was the only time ive seen or heard about this game in Japan... Can't imagine it wasn't at least mentioned after the english trailers.

I think I might have done a better job than SIE marketing team. GAF marketed the game better than them.

Quality is irrelevant. Less than 2601 copies sold for a first party title? Are you kidding me!!

Design-by-committee character that according to Cerny was created to appeal to everyone in the world, actually only appeals to a few people in the world. I am shocked!

I still wonder why this game was ever made. Maybe Sony was desperate to please their fans and fell for all the trolls saying Knack was amazing GOAT material?

Top Bottom