• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In lieu of that Incredible God of War trailer, post the last trailer that got you insanely hyped for a game

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

This trailer makes me want to play the game immediately, every. single. time.

The tension in the music, the small gameplay clips of the combat looking brutal and visceral as fuck, the story snippets, Ellie going berserk at the end, I was so god damn ready. For me and my tastes, this is quite possibly the best game trailer ever.

Honorable mention to one of the most underrated games I've ever played

Matsuchezz

It got my so excited!! I went to buy my PS2 after I watched that trailer.

KZ2 got me too. That game is excellent.
It's been a while since a trailer got me excited or got me at the same level of excitement.

I guess trailer with great music or a song that connects with me are my favorite.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Oh man that TLoU2 trailer is exactly what I came to post. I probably watched it like 20 times, also really enjoyed watching reactions to it.
I was reluctant to watch it at first because I was on a media blackout, but I couldnt resist.. Watched it and hype increased 100x
This has to be the hypest trailer of all time to me...

Never imagined a game could look this good at the time, even though the 2005 trailer was clearly CG bullshit.

SlimySnake SlimySnake knows whats up. I must have watched this a thousand times

Maaaaan. lmao.

This is easily my most watched game trailer of all time

can you BELIEVE Sony tried to tell us this was actual PS3 gameplay? :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy: gotta be the biggest lie in gaming history. It still looks legit to this day

Last edited:

op22

Trailer? This one move made me hyped for yoga.
TmoTjGM.gif

radewagon

Love that you can have so many MGSV trailers already posted and I still get to post my favorite not already posted version of it.

Robb

Gold Member
That 4 min Zelda BotW one.

I was also going to say this. Such an incredible trailer for the game. Not to mention the music
its hot james mcavoy GIF

Can’t believe that track isn’t in the game, it’s so good. I’m getting hyped all over again just re-watching this.

Last edited:
Trailers don't hype me anymore.

Concept of a game, some dev interview could possibly do it.

But mostly i prefer to get a game and give it a solid 2 hrs to see it's mechanics before I get excited about playing it.

Not to mention, I spend a lot of time
playing fewer games, no longer interested in breezing through a game.

Soodanim

Gold Member

Still hasn't been surpassed

But MGS4 came close

I miss these epic trailers

I didn't think I'd be able to answer, but I think you've cracked it with MGS2. I remember going to an independent game shop and watching the guy try to get the demo that came with another game working, but it didn't. We knew it was a game that could be seen, but we couldn't see it. It made it even more elusive.

Nowadays I either know I'm going to buy a game so I go in almost blind, or it's new to me and I go in with tempered expectations. Hype doesn't happen anymore.

Banned
Op asking the latest trailer that got you hyped and people posting stuff from ps1-ps2 era, never change gaf:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

why wouldn't they? 🤷

I don't see how that GoW trailer mentioned in the thread title for example was "hype"...

GTA San Andreas, now that trailer got you hyped up!

Last edited:

GymWolf

why wouldn't they? 🤷

I don't see how that GoW trailer mentioned in the thread title for example was "hype"...

GTA San Andreas, now that trailer got you hyped up!
Yeah ok but i don't believe for a second that the last time they got hyped from a trailer was like 15 or more years ago, it would be extremely sad:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

The topic ask the latest time you got hyped.

Last edited:

Banned
Yeah ok but i don't believe for a second that the last time they got hyped from a trailer was like 15 or more years ago, it would be extremely sad:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

The topic ask the latest time you got hyped.

maybe trailers these days are just less exciting 🤷
they now usually go for that pseudo artistic "look how mature gaming is" kinda vibe, which is honestly boring and in some ways also just hilariously pretentious.

the last trailer that got me hyped was most likely Super Mario Odyssey, where they actually managed to hide the main gameplay hook of the game for their second trailer, while most people were already sold with the first trailer.
so that was kinda hype. they already made people excited for the game and then just dropped that Trailer that completely changed what people thought the game would be.

but what doesn't get me hyped is yet another third person action game where in the trailer the main character walks slowly while the camera pans slowly followed by randomly cut together attack/shooting animations all backed by generic "cinema blockbuster"-style music 🤷 and it feels like that's almost every other trailer nowadays.

GymWolf

maybe trailers these days are just less exciting 🤷
they now usually go for that pseudo artistic "look how mature gaming is" kinda vibe, which is honestly boring and in some ways also just hilariously pretentious.

the last trailer that got me hyped was most likely Super Mario Odyssey, where they actually managed to hide the main gameplay hook of the game for their second trailer, while most people were already sold with the first trailer.
so that was kinda hype. they already made people excited for the game and then just dropped that Trailer that completely changed what people thought the game would be.

but what doesn't get me hyped is yet another third person action game where in the trailer the main character walks slowly while the camera pans slowly followed by randomly cut together attack/shooting animations all backed by generic "cinema blockbuster"-style music 🤷 and it feels like that's almost every other trailer nowadays.
Yeah i'm sorry but the day that i'm not gonna get hyped for a good trailer is gonna be the day that i'm gonna stop playing games.

Fuck i even got mildly excited for tekken 8 and the last tekken i liked was 3 and i'm bashing tha graphic of that trailer since release:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

For the record, mario odissey is a perfectly good response, the game is not that old.

Kupfer

Oh I somehow completely forgot about Death Stranding.
All the trailers felt like short films into something else full of WTFs and really got me in the mood for the game.
I also enjoyed the game itself quite a bit. Even though it had its lengths, the story completely pulled me in.

This was probably really my last time I was hyped for a game from the trailers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom