• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

In lieu of that Incredible God of War trailer, post the last trailer that got you insanely hyped for a game

Banned
Yeah i'm sorry but the day that i'm not gonna get hyped for a good trailer is gonna be the day that i'm gonna stop playing games.

Fuck i even got mildly excited for tekken 8 and the last tekken i liked was 3 and i'm bashing tha graphic of that trailer since release:lollipop_grinning_sweat:

For the record, mario odissey is a perfectly good response, the game is not that old.

Halo Infinite got my hyped... look what that got me...
😩

nowadays I'm more hyped about gameplay videos more than anything, trailers are designed to manipulate your perception, raw gameplay can't do that, it's honest!
😌

GymWolf

Halo Infinite got my hyped... look what that got me...
😩

nowadays I'm more hyped about gameplay videos more than anything, trailers are designed to manipulate your perception, raw gameplay can't do that, it's honest!
😌
Yeah sure hype is now always gonna end with a great game, but getting hyped from a trailer and the waiting is always a nice part of this hobby for me.

GymWolf

I get hyped by a lot of trailers, but if i have to chose a recent one that really caught me off guard was the first trailer of atomic heart, the visual design, quirkiness and music was Just too much to handle for my little brain

Last edited:

Haggard

Banned

Absolutely love the music, too. A shame the game turned out to be less than stellar.
Oh and who could forget this fantastic piece (not really a trailer but was released as one pre game-release)

Last edited:

Ogbert

That 4 min Zelda BotW one.

Agree.

It closed out the official Switch reveal and launch date event. I made the mistake of watching along on the ‘Kinda Funny’ channel. It was when Colin Moriarty was still with them and he spent the entire show taking the piss. He and Greg Miller were insufferable; cracking awful gags, ‘dead on arrival’ type bullshit.

This then played and shut them entirely the fuck up. You could see their brains trying to come up with a snarky quip but, instead, they just had to sit there and watch the Game of the Generation crush their precious Vita dreams.

EDMIX

Yeah sure hype is now always gonna end with a great game, but getting hyped from a trailer and the waiting is always a nice part of this hobby for me.

Same.

Some games I won't allow myself to be hyped for if I've already let them go. Like I love Halo back in the day, but liking 2 titles isn't enough for me to be hype for Infinite, even with it coming to PC, it was just too late, main team has been moved on and as a gamer I moved on too, so like many IP it was just put in the graveyard of IP lol Some IP (Star Fox lol) I've just let go and even if return to form won't get me back as its was just a different time in my life. You give me Star Fox 64-2 on GameCube and its day 1, you give me 3 on Wii....day 1, who knows how it would have been if many of those IP continued those concepts and kept those install base of fans, but that is needed for some to really be hype by some of those trailers.

Maybe me from 2003 would be hype from a Halo Infinite trailer.

Hype is like a 2 part thing, its being able to envision what the game might be like when you play it and the feasibility for the team to pull it off based on their past titles. (and of course personal taste, but thats moot I guess)

Insanely hyped? Doubt I ever was genuinely hyped about a trailer. Hyped about some screenshots in magazines at a younger age though, sure.

Since then there were certaily some trailers that did a good job, but Mirror's Edge is still perfect.

kyussman

Bloodborne I guess......the quality of their previous games,the setting(which I instantly loved),and even the fact it was PS4 exclusive all played the part in making me pretty excited......it delivered too,which is nice.

Not sure if this has been posted but this one was special…

Damn, also the early Halo trailers were some of the best ever…

Last edited:

BlackTron

My hype for this game watching this trailer was astronomical. I wish I could go back in time to when I was watching this counting the days down, and before it came out and I learned that they totally wrecked the cool story from the first game lol. The actual game and missions were still good though.

CJ_75

Already posted here, for sure MGS2. I was so hyped after the 9 minute trailer that I bought Zone of the Enders just to play the MGS2 demo. And I did, like gazillion times. Oh, and Zone of the Enders, dunno..probably a good game...never played it though.

Anything from e3 2005-2008 ish. Lost oddyysey, Blue Dragon, whatever trailers where there who can remember it was like 10 years ago and rebwkhertnemrrewner five dollars? Get outta here.

Top Bottom