• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Indie Games [November] Now Voting - Post 720!

Hofmann

yOghhCA.jpg

Stuck on lvl 29 currently. #freetoma

Son of a... We need more troops.

"We received the signal again"
"What does it say?"
"Hard to read, but I decoded it the best I could"
Can't know if this will work, but we can onLy hope. I pray that thIs will need the terror and Chaos that we've endured over the last ten years. Maybe we can Kill THE threat for good. This all Can't be for nothing, or Else all those good men and woman died in vain. This will be my Last Log, only god can help uS now.
"I don't understand. What does it mean?"
"Seems like the signal contains a code hidden within, It may take a while to decipher the message."
"Ok, report back when it's done. I have a feeling we don't have much time left."

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Die you bastard

Log ---
Can't know if this will work, but we can onLy hope. I pray that thIs will need the terror and Chaos that we've endured over the last ten years. Maybe we can Kill THE threat for good. This all Can't be for nothing, or Else all those good men and woman died in vain. This will be my Last Log, only god can help uS now

Message sent, General. Hope they understand the hints...oh God, the frequency is still transmitting. Shut it off, shut it....

9JMWthw.png

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
The hell happened here? :)

Why is everything Impulse?

"Sir?"
"Yes?"
"I think we decoded the message."
"Is it useful? Can it help us?"
"I think so, sir. I isolated the signal on a tri-frequency oscillator and re-calibrated the fragments. This is what I found:

C L I C K THE C E L L S

"But what does it mean?"
"I don't know yet. But we better learn fast. I fear the likelihood of our survival drops with every passing moment."

December's Indie Thread will be all Sinistar.
Beware, I live.
I hunger.
Run! Run!
RWWWOUUUUAAAARRRRRGH

That would be kind of strange, though, considering that Sinistar barely qualifies as an indie game. I mean, it came out in, what, 1982? I thought the "indie" thing was only a recent phenomenon; at that point in time, small businesses weren't indie, they were the entire damn industry.

Well, to each their own, I guess?

Moobabe

I have NO idea what I'm doing in Mirrormoon and not being able to look up or down REALLY rustles my jimmies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Beware, I live.
I hunger.
Run! Run!
RWWWOUUUUAAAARRRRRGH

That would be kind of strange, though, considering that Sinistar barely qualifies as an indie game. I mean, it came out in, what, 1982? I thought the "indie" thing was only a recent phenomenon; at that point in time, small businesses weren't indie, they were the entire damn industry.

Well, to each their own, I guess?

1RcZfz0.png

Subbed to thread and downloading Impulse.

Fake edit: Nice game, currently at stage 41. Not sure whether to post pic or not as it's another of the sawtooth ones. :D

True edit: I'll post the previous stage:

Toma

SGIytZ3.png

Commemorative wallpaper that no one needs:
J7Pj6S9.png

Toma

Free! Free at last!
Let me restore the thread to its proper glory.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few quick comments on what just happened here for all the confused. I was playing with the idea of abusing the thread and making some jokes already back in april for aprils fools, but decided against it because of... reasons. Usually its a bad idea to do that without getting the okay with the mods and the community here didnt know each other too well yet, etcetc. Anyway, I used that idea to tell a mini-halloween story, more or less inspired by CheesecakeRecipes game gift, which he presented as a halloween gift in the thread as well:

Lathe de la Lune Somniis - Free (PC, Browser)
iedyTwojsiKp5.jpg

http://www.philome.la/The_Raydio/lathe-de-la-lune-somniis/play

Interactive Fiction story by our very own CheesecakeRecipe, just in time for Halloween. 13,091 words, 230 passages, 12 endings. Which one will be yours?

Last month, I stumbled upon a game I really liked called Impulse (especially the soundtrack hooked me immediately), some agreed, others didnt and thats perfectly fine :) This halloween story thing was by no means meant as a "THIS GAME IS GOOD, WHY ARENT YOU LISTENING"- kind of thing, but more like just the incentive to finally play out the thread idea I had a while ago already. I didnt quite know what to do with it, but decided to go for the halloween story idea after playing and being inspired by Cheesecakes game. The whole menace was meant to be dissolved as soon as people would decipher my "subtle" hints in the thread. Others caught on to it rather quickly but it still took a while until we reached the requirement for the evil to be banished. (SOlution was to click on the gif that was my "prison" in the OP which lead to this link: [url="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50631048&postcount=605]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=50631048&postcount=605[/url] I apologize to anyone who was confused or annoyed and promise it wont happen anytime soon again.

I am also really glad that most people started to play along with the story about freeing Toma etc. and started to give each other hints instead of spelling it out right from the start. It was really fun to read, especially because it basically was a community effort that also can be used as a metaphor for the general work we put into these threads and into trying to give these games enough attention, which is futile alone and basically only works because we all work together to achieve this (The november thread would have been 60% less filled without wok and Hofmann for example). Indie devs and the community need each other to make some impact here.

This was a little story for us all to participate in, a small thank you story as you will about the power of a community and... friends I guess as well. Anyway, thank you for bearing with me and playing out the joke with me together :)

Fake Edit: Going to send this thread to the dev, hoping he wont be mad at me for abusing his game for this, haha.

Toma

We made it?!

Btw, I don't know how to beat lvl 52 and it's pissing me off.

Btw, that level was definitely the hardest so far. Took me 1 hour or so until I finally got how to do it. I'll try to make a gif if I can repeat it.

Toma

That was the terrible download speed! Got to 76% and it timed out!

I appreciated the effort, but I really needed some saving so Weltall came just in time :p

daydream

Banned
Hey, we did it! Seems like Toma had enough time to prepare the real OP during his confinement. Lookin' sharp, as always.

So much stuff to play this month and a lot of it for free! Time to start downloading.

Amir0x

Banned
Just wanted to say Toma thanks as always for these fantastic indie threads. I've discovered an incalculable number of awesome games because of these topics :D

Wok

So, there is a conference in Paris these days, and I have learnt there will be a puzzle-arcade game by Pastagames (Rayman Jungle Run for iOS) which will be released during the first quarter of 2014: Pix the Cat.

The game will be released on Steam.

Here are some pictures found on Twitter:

Cross-posting.

Hofmann

Btw, that level was definitely the hardest so far. Took me 1 hour or so until I finally got how to do it. I'll try to make a gif if I can repeat it.

I have to admit that your game was a lot of fun, Impulse too, of course. I probably wouldn't have tried it without this cool incentive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| 7. Upcoming Indies! (Not yet released) |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ex Amante - ???

RIP - PC

These two are already out. This RIP thing is actually two games: Maoship and Be Not Afraid. And Alicefekt from the main section is called Paradise.

Fjords - $7+ (PC)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcKV1ahCCLM
iteration5.png
fjord.gif

https://gumroad.com/l/FJORDS
“Fjords is a game in which you pretend to hack into the game and its world to alter it so that you can surpass it. There’s no single solution to each of the screens as you can experiment with true and false settings and end up with different ways to navigate the world. Some do involve more skill than others. Fjords never explains itself.” (IndieStatik)
I'll post impressions soon

Toma

I have to admit that your game was a lot of fun, Impulse too, of course. I probably wouldn't have tried it without this cool incentive.

These two are already out. This RIP thing is actually two games: Maoship and Be Not Afraid. And Alicefekt from the main section is called Paradise.

Can you post screenshots again here so I make sure to include them next month? Cant include anything anymore in the Games section this month, its bursting already.

Feel free to ignore me if this is intentional, but Schein has been on a previous thread and as far as I can tell there is no change in its release state (free alpha currently).

Toma

Feel free to ignore me if this is intentional, but Schein has been on a previous thread and as far as I can tell there is no change in its release state (free alpha currently).

Ah thanks, taking it out then. Sorry, we featured about 1000 games now in these threads, cant keep track of all of them anymore :p

Twinduct

I appreciated the effort, but I really needed some saving so Weltall came just in time :p

Ha yeah sorry about that. Been absent most of the day (and last week) so didn't get around to understand the idea. Also shame on me for not trying out impulse though! Close to 50% now lol

Top Bottom