• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Infinity Ward confirms: CoD Ghost is 720p on Xbox One, 1080p on PS4

Huddy

Insiders were wrong then! hahaha.

Oh wait....

buckle_up-1958.jpg

Raptor

Simply put:

Xbox One = DVD Quality
PS4 = BluRay Quality

And cheaper, Im honestly curious as to what the hell happened here.

Josh7289

What... exactly is stopping the XB1 achieving native 1080p... for er CoD a not very demanding game. Someone lay it down for me from a techy point of view, I just don't understand why the new console struggles this badly before it's even on shelves.

It's weaker hardware.

Vizzeh

Banned
Looking forward to seeing the videos, if the comparisons end there, or will COD do anything "nice" to make it stand out on one console.

1 thing is for sure tho, I hope we don't have to deal with broken capture footage...ewwh

angrygnat

So who's fault is this? Is this both console makers basicly demanding a new COD for the launch of their new consoles, or is this Activision cashing in one last time on this old chestnut? Seems to me that if it were up to Infinity Ward they would prefer to have a more proper entrance into the next gen. Maybe waited until both systems games were ready to go at 1080p 60fps. Doesn't make much sense from IWs perspective.

Perkel

Banned
Oh lawd. Can someone explain to me again what's causing sub-1080p video on Xbone? Does it have something to do with ESRAM "bottle necking?"

yes.

1080p+AA is impossible on 32MB of ESRAM with deffered renderer.
Though i don't know if it is really ESRAM fault since COD may still use tiled render which would be able to run 1080p on 32mb esram.

REMEBER this rumor from few months ago about how they ported PS4 version in like 3 weeks and it was doing 90fps and they ported 4 months Xbone version at it was doing 15 FPS ?

Looks like it was true after all.

I was expecting one resolution jump between platforms. 720 vs 900 or 900 vs 1080. Hopefully MS improves their tools and they difference will be smaller as next gen continues.

Simply put:

Xbox One = DVD Quality
PS4 = BluRay Quality

And cheaper, Im honestly curious as to what the hell happened here.

According to some people on here, the average consumer either can't tell the difference or doesn't care. I think they're in for a surprise.

Samyy

So who's fault is this? Is this both console makers basicly demanding a new COD for the launch of their new consoles, or is this Activision cashing in one last time on this old chestnut? Seems to me that if it were up to Infinity Ward they would prefer to have a more proper entrance into the next gen. Maybe waited until both systems games were ready to go at 1080p 60fps. Doesn't make much sense from IWs perspective.

What?
Lol, they don't need to put in effort because its CoD and it will sell regardless. Not sure what you are trying to say.

FTF

I've got 720problems on an Xbox one

(Or was that song used in a battlefield commercial?, whatever I think it's still funny ha)

I don't think it's really that big of a deal for most.

It will be later when you realize that the texture packs are natively smaller on 720p vs 1080p. It's like trying to spit shine a turd. You can't make a native 720p texture look that much better on 1080p by upscalling it because it'll still be at the native resolution. TV's already do this most of the time.

Paskil

Roller coaster, of lulz. Roller coaster, of lu-lu-lulz...

Good to finally get confirmation of this. Never planned on playing COD or BF4
even if I did, would be on PC
. Going to be interesting to see how this pans out in the future and how much is because of the system specs/hardware limitations vs. development tools maturing.

Top Bottom