• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Injustice 2 Roster Discussion & Speculation Thread

Tyaren

Since reviews will be hitting tomorrow, how do you guys think will Injustice 2 be doing score-wise?

Also, awww, poor Grodd:

34515822462_ef94c8bba2_o.png

Since reviews will be hitting tomorrow, how do you guys think will Injustice 2 be doing score-wise?

8's and 9's

I don't really care tho', because fighting game reviews aren't really useful for me. I've read some interesting stuff coming from good players tho', can't wait to get my copy.

Ok so the story is a bit confusing from what I've seen so far.

Will this take place entirely on the alternate earth where Superman became dictator?

Zutrax

I'm someone who enjoys DC content and dabbles a bit here and there in the comics, but never fully commits to the medium. Would there be a way to just get a quick refresher on the state of this games in-universe lore and what each character has at stake here? I played Injustice 1, but it's been a bit and I know there have been some comic prequels and whatnot.

Having played the game for a couple of days, it imo totally deserves a 9. This game should be a model for all other fighting games, what quantity and quality of content is concerned. I still haven't tried everything. I also hadn't this much fun with a new fighting game for years.

I'm sure the whole package is amazing, but i feel that Guilty Gear XRD Revelator is still the model all the fighting games should follow

Injustice 2 lacks the lobby system of Rev, which is amazing, and all the great tutorials, from combos to situations... Really important imo.

But yeah, i'm nitpicking, the game looks really packed with content :p

Can't wait for tomorrow !

Q8D3vil

I'm someone who enjoys DC content and dabbles a bit here and there in the comics, but never fully commits to the medium. Would there be a way to just get a quick refresher on the state of this games in-universe lore and what each character has at stake here? I played Injustice 1, but it's been a bit and I know there have been some comic prequels and whatnot.
Comics year 1-3 are a must then you can read sypnosis of the first game and start.
I read everything comic related last week and year 4,5 and ground zero are meh and dont do much to the story.

Expecting an 8.6 Metacritic. Would expect lots of 4/5s and 9/10s.

I haven't been this excited to play a game in...forever. Game looks gorgeous and filled with content...and, as long as the loot is there, my OCD is going to have me playing daily multiverses for months, I'm sure.

Cyros

You have to buy them with in game currency, source crystals. Story mode gets you 4k I hear, while they cost 6k each.

Speaking of story mode, best buy has me trapped in the "preparing" chapter and I'm not getting source crystals nor my copy of Injustice wtf.

I called customer service for Best Buy because I stuck on "preparing" as well. The rep actually went ahead and gave me my FedEX tracking number which currently has my shipment status as "Shipping Information sent to FedEX" with an anticipated delivery date of tomorrow. Hope it comes through.

Alienous

That voice actor list is interesting.

Travis Willigham is doing the voice of a premium skin in the game.
Megalyn Echikunwoke seems to be doing the voice of another premum skin.

(DLC)
Steve Blum - Sub Zero
Kari Wahlgren - Starfire
Cameron Bowen - Red Hood

Richard Epcar - Raiden

Patric Seitz - ???
Matt Yang King - ???
David Loefell - ???
Michael Leon Wooley - Black Manta?

However that only covers 8 of the 9 DLC characters - so maybe one is voiceless?

The voices of the others could give a clue about the characters. Matt Yang King has voiced Deadpool - perhaps he could be doing Beast Boy?

(DLC Pack 1)
Steve Blum - Sub Zero
Kari Wahlgren - Starfire
Cameron Bowen - Red Hood

(DLC Pack ?)
Richard Epcar - Raiden

Patric Seitz - ???
Matt Yang King - ???
David Loefell - ???

But that would be missing a voice...

Willingham voices Jay and most likely Echikunwoke is Vixen.

Ryce

(DLC)
Steve Blum - Sub Zero
Kari Wahlgren - Starfire
Cameron Bowen - Red Hood

Richard Epcar - Raiden

Patric Seitz - ???
Matt Yang King - ???
David Loefell - ???

However that only covers 8 of the 9 DLC characters - so maybe one is voiceless?

The voices of the others could give a clue about the characters. Matt Yang King has voiced Deadpool - perhaps he could be doing Beast Boy?
Travis Willigham - Jay Garrick
Megalyn Echikunwoke - Vixen
Michael Leon Wooley - Darkseid

stn

How long does it take to unlock Cyborg's "Grid" skin in the IJ2 mobile game? I'm thinking to download it today. Thanks!

sinkfla87

I called customer service for Best Buy because I stuck on "preparing" as well. The rep actually went ahead and gave me my FedEX tracking number which currently has my shipment status as "Shipping Information sent to FedEX" with an anticipated delivery date of tomorrow. Hope it comes through.

You've gotten more progress than me. They said the game isn't out until tomorrow therefore they can't ship what's not released. They acted like they haven't gotten the game in stock yet lol. I said that's bullshit it says right here it will arrive by tomorrow, release date guarantee. "All I can guarantee is you will have a tracking number by tonight". I pre-ordered in April!! What the fuck.

Permanently A

Learn frame data and how to read it, it starts to fall together when you do that. You understand how to punish, what can be punished, what's safe/unsafe, so on.

I would say keep playing. Play with people better than you or similar level, and talk to them about your matches if possible. You were doing this well, you were doing this a lot and this is how I got around it, this doesn't seem great against this character, ect. ect. Talking about your matches can help a lot. Playing consistently is a major help in getting better.

Learn your character moves, learn which ones are actually good, which ones are ok, which ones are bad but might be good if you never use it and suddenly surprise someone with it. At some point it really does click, you just just gotta push through the losses to do it.

As for the frame data suggestion I would recommend that if you are the type of person who can equate the numbers in framedata with the moves themselves. If not its a crapshoot to try and remember what moves are good against what based on numbers.

I don't really understand what you mean by framedata numbers. Where can I read about this in a beginner friendly way? Thanks.

hawk2025

Asking again in case anyone knows -- what's the extent of single player beyond story mode?

Is STAR labs back, or did they switch to an equivalent of living towers for this one, too?

Top Bottom