• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International GAF: How to buy from US/UK Xbox One Game Store

krang

Anyone bought anything from the Russia store, recently? How is the process compared to, say, buying from the Singapore store? Obviously I'll need to use a translator extension so I can actually read it!

The BF1/TF2 bundle is stupid cheap from there.

Irritatingly the price appears to be 3050 RUB and it looks like you can only get gift cards in 500, 1000 and 2000 quantities, if that's the best method.

besiktas1

Recore for $15 on us Microsoft store. Unfortunately can't use gift cards so we need to hold out and hope it comes on sale on the xbox

besiktas1

Sorry for slightly off topic. Is there anything like this for ps4?
Website for region and cheap games? As well as does my cc work for other regions?

Lima

Sorry for slightly off topic. Is there anything like this for ps4?
Website for region and cheap games? As well as does my cc work for other regions?

Not really. Keep in mind that you have to make a separate account for each region like on the 360 and you have to use gift cards as well since your CC or PayPal won't work.

danowat

Banned
Yeah I only have to when the person I'm game sharing with, downloads a game from a certain region, I then have to go to that region to download onto my console.

Changing region worked, but it's weird, something must have changed because I've never had to do that before.

d00d3n

Have Microsoft ever rescinded digital games that are already bought and downloaded due to pricing errors? I just bought Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition for a fraction of its intended price by using gift certificates in the Danish Windows 10 store, so wondering if it is I or MS who will be laughing in the end.

kharma45

Have Microsoft ever rescinded digital games that are already bought and downloaded due to pricing errors? I just bought Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition for a fraction of its intended price by using gift certificates in the Danish Windows 10 store, so wondering if it is I or MS who will be laughing in the end.

Didn't do a thing when I bought ROTR on W10 for £6 on launch.

Everytime I try to buy from the US store through Xbox or the website when it comes to paying it goes to UK GBP, anyone experience anything similar?

VaelinAlSorna

Neo Member
Redeeming gift cards doesn't work anymore!

I just purchased a 100 SGD gift card from the official Microsoft Store and instantly got the code. Went over to xbox.com to redeem the code and now I am getting a "CsvCurrencyMissmatch" error.

They also seem to have changed the webpage to redeem the cards. It is on your main Microsoft account now (not in the Xbox site like before).

RedStep

I just purchased a 100 SGD gift card from the official Microsoft Store and instantly got the code. Went over to xbox.com to redeem the code and now I am getting a "CsvCurrencyMissmatch" error.

They also seem to have changed the webpage to redeem the cards. It is on your main Microsoft account now (not in the Xbox site like before).

Got to account.microsoft.com in IE and use the links in the lower-left. It might take a try or two, but it still works.

jIgi4F8.png

(bottom link, then change your currency there)

Darth Chief 117

Neo Member

Try redeeming it on your Xbox. Think that's been the case for a while.

VaelinAlSorna

Neo Member
Got to account.microsoft.com in IE and use the links in the lower-left. It might take a try or two, but it still works.

jIgi4F8.png

(bottom link, then change your currency there)

I did exactly this (it also shows my balances for several other regions, it's first time Singapore for me) and I am still getting this error message:

This code is valid only for SGD. It‘s transferable, so you could give it to someone you know in that part of the world.

I will try redeeming via the Xbox, maybe that works

Edit: Same message on Xbox One

Edit2: Worked after changing region of Xbox One to Singapore. Still... Looks like MS is cracking down on the gift cards?

TheKeyPit

Banned

Okay, now I see it. Why the fuck are there two sites for redeeming? "redeem.microsoft.com/enter" and "account.microsoft.com/billing/redeem#"
It doesn't work on the first one.

The second link with the "#" should work.

danowat

Banned
Things are changing, I am not sure if MS are trying to tighten things up, but I've noticed over recent months and weeks that some content from regions other than my home region have been dissapearing from my games and apps, and will only show if my console is set to the region they were purchased from.

B4D1E

Things are changing, I am not sure if MS are trying to tighten things up, but I've noticed over recent months and weeks that some content from regions other than my home region have been dissapearing from my games and apps, and will only show if my console is set to the region they were purchased from.

Me too, It was always like that for the apps (Geolocated) but not for games.

danowat

Banned
I've been trying to remember, Diablo 3 from the Hong Kong store was one, and there were a couple of others from the US store that I can't remember.

miserable

Is buying Gift Cards from the US microsoftstore.com not working anymore? I tried with my CC and my Paypal and got error both times.

I also tried with VPN, same result.

jesu

I've been trying to remember, Diablo 3 from the Hong Kong store was one, and there were a couple of others from the US store that I can't remember.

I've still got my Diablo 3 from the US store.
Could you check which other ones please?

danowat

Banned
Arkham knight is another one.

Trouble is I've got so many games installed it's hard to notice which ones aren't there until I got to try and play it.

needless to say I am sticking to buying content from my region from now on.

Guerrilla

Trouble is I've got so many games installed it's hard to notice which ones aren't there until I got to try and play it.

what happens if you switch to the region you bought the game from, download it and then switch back? Is the game still there then?

jesu

I don't have that one but I have the same amount of games whether I look at the UK, the Canada, the US or the Brazilian store.
So it's not affected me yet.

I can't download it again, it just appears if I set the region the the contents region and disappears if I don't.

What if you were to delete it then start the download again then switch back to the UK, can you see it downloading?
I downloaded Ben Hur from the Canada store today and finished it when I went back to the UK store.

Sad_Panda

Every time I try to buy a Gift card through either the US or Russian online Microsoft store, I get an error message : 141078 - couldn't authorize transaction, please contact support (or something to that extent). Anyone ran across the same issue? I remember buying a US gift card at the beginning of December and everything was working fine then.

Spacereamer

Neo Member
Every time I try to buy a Gift card through either the US or Russian online Microsoft store, I get an error message : 141078 - couldn't authorize transaction, please contact support (or something to that extent). Anyone ran across the same issue? I remember buying a US gift card at the beginning of December and everything was working fine then.

I'm getting the same mate. Trying to buy CAD from the UK. PayPal as my payment method. Have been having problems since yesterday. Trying to get a gift card for my nephews who got an One S for Christmas.

Hey GAF, i'm looking to gift Elite Dangerous to friends of mine based in the US and AUS. I'm located in Europe.

Are currency gift packs the only option i have? Amazon seems to geo restrict my ability to buy cards for other regions. Do you know any better/smarter ways for me to do this?

Top Bottom