• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International GAF: How to buy from US/UK Xbox One Game Store

Theorry

So we cant get our gift cards anymore direct from the MS store. Where do you guys now get your gift cards from and wich gift card country do you guys use?

Guerrilla

Since a couple of weeks i believe. Always get a error code now. Like people on the previous page.

damn, just tried, I get the same error. this sucks. Been buying off of russia. However, US should still work since we can get those on amazon. Still a lot better than to pay euro prices

SirKhalid

I just saw this on Reddit and it seems to work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5s0aud/psychopass_on_sale_in_hk_store_english_subtitled/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-hk/store/p/psycho-passmandatoryhappiness/bqjg7j8xsl4p#

PSYCHO-PASS MANDATORY HAPPINESS (English Subtitled) is on sale for 87.75 HKD (11.31 US Dollar)(14.73 Canadian Dollar) a bit more because of the price of the card on Play-Asia, maybe you can find card cheaper somewhere else.

I bought the 150HKD card on play-asia. Make sure you want something else with the left over money or you are fine with buying something else at one point.

Then change you console location to HK and redeem the code and buy the game.

willbsn13

Is there anything stopping me buying a digital code for a game off amazon and redeeming it in the NZ store ? I know it's not technically to do with other countries stores but amazon is having a sale on FH3 digital codes & I want to get one for my mate as a present

Is there anything stopping me buying a digital code for a game off amazon and redeeming it in the NZ store ? I know it's not technically to do with other countries stores but amazon is having a sale on FH3 digital codes & I want to get one for my mate as a present

As far as I know it's possible. Those codes are supposed to be region free like all disc based games.

RavenH2

A couple of questions...

So if I have a US Paypal account attached to my us acconunt I can still buy things with paypal?

And, I can still purchase games or gift cards from the microsoft singapour store?

My brother who had a paypal account from another country on his us account just hit a snag when trying to buy FFXV.

RavenH2

So... to test if it still works I purchased a digital gift card and sent it to my brother's email. Even though on the microsoft store it says that the operation is complete I still haven't recieved billing information from microsoft nor has my brother recieved the gift card

Guerrilla

A couple of questions...

So if I have a US Paypal account attached to my us acconunt I can still buy things with paypal?

And, I can still purchase games or gift cards from the microsoft singapour store?

My brother who had a paypal account from another country on his us account just hit a snag when trying to buy FFXV.

I have no idea about the paypal thing, but yes you can still buy singapore gift cards and you could just buy us gift cards on amazon.com.

So... to test if it still works I purchased a digital gift card and sent it to my brother's email. Even though on the microsoft store it says that the operation is complete I still haven't recieved billing information from microsoft nor has my brother recieved the gift card

Go to the microsoftstore, log in, select the country you bought the gift card from, click on your name and on order history. There you should see the gift card you bought. Just click on redeem and you should see your Key

Theorry

Guys, I hace been buying using an Oregon address but now is charging me taxes. What other address I can use to buy games?

I always used Alaska.

Very annoying we cant get giftcards right away from the store anymore. Selecting the exact amount was always great. Now stuck with g2a really.

besiktas1

Im crossing fingers the switch doesnt block this amd we get some good deals on games.

Also interesting to see if we can gameshare....

B4D1E

I always use pcgamesupply.com. Their prices almost match the conversion rate €/$. Usually you get the code a couple of minutes after the payment. Only nitpick is they only have 15, 25 and 50$ gift cards.

Pjsprojects

Been out of the loop with Xbox digital for a while.
Is it still possible to get Wildlands from a cheaper region? I'm in the UK and recall getting Division much cheaper from another store.

pieface

Seems odd, at one stage I was buying games from Russia for about £28 a go. I bought loads. Now they are over £50+ i'm barely buying any.

Fancied giving Prey a go, and for £28 I would do. Not for £50 though.

Guerrilla

Seems odd, at one stage I was buying games from Russia for about £28 a go. I bought loads. Now they are over £50+ i'm barely buying any.

Fancied giving Prey a go, and for £28 I would do. Not for £50 though.

While surely not an ideal solution, you can get russain gift cards on g2a with basically no markup and use those for the russian prices...

Anyone know a good place I can get 5 Euros?

https://xboxlivekaarten.nl/producten/xbox-gift-card-5-euro.html

Has anyone bought from here? I was thinking about moving my secondary account to UK the buy Of Orcs and Men.

Edit: I managed to get a code from cdkeys.com but when I tried to buy the game I am getting console doesn't match the region. I guess I need find and give someone from EU or UK access to my account to buy it for me...

Don't do that unless you want your account(s) stolen.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Anyone know a good place I can get 5 Euros?

https://xboxlivekaarten.nl/producten/xbox-gift-card-5-euro.html

Has anyone bought from here? I was thinking about moving my secondary account to UK the buy Of Orcs and Men.

Edit: I managed to get a code from cdkeys.com but when I tried to buy the game I am getting console doesn't match the region. I guess I need find and give someone from EU or UK access to my account to buy it for me...
What are you actually trying to do? Redeeming a code? Buying a game with account balance? To which region is your console set?

SirKhalid

What are you actually trying to do? Redeeming a code? Buying a game with account balance? To which region is your console set?
Nah, I redeemed the code but I can't buy that specific 360 game because they region lock it. My Xbox 360 is NTSC.

I was trying to buy Of orcs and men(which never released in NA) because it was on sale for 3.75 euro, so I can play it on Xbox One, so I moved my second account to UK. I redeemed the code. But I am stopped by the console region error.

Well, worst come to worse, I will just buy something else that is region free on 360 or something on Xbox One.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Nah, I redeemed the code but I can't buy that specific 360 game because they region lock it. My Xbox 360 is NTSC.

I was trying to buy Of orcs and men(which never released in NA) because it was on sale for 3.75 euro, so I can play it on Xbox One, so I moved my second account to UK. I redeemed the code. But I am stopped by the console region error.

Well, worst come to worse, I will just buy something else that is region free on 360 or something on Xbox One.
Ah, it would have worked pretty easily with an Xbox One game, but an Xbox 360 game is a whole different story 😃

Lima

Wait what now!?, so i can get Raiden 4 for my PAL 360?

You could get Raiden 4 (assuming it's on disc here) and pop it in your Xbox One and it will download the game (might have to change marketplace regions to where it's available).

The Xbox One is region free for 360 games.

GWX

Oh man, ever since Xbox Game Pass went up, I'm not able to buy from stuff from different regions any longer. Tried Canada and United States, with both CC and PayPal, using both Hola! and Tunnelbear VPNs, and it just doesn't work. Guess I'm stuck in Brazilian-without-Game-Pass ghetto now :(

Oh man, ever since Xbox Game Pass went up, I'm not able to buy from stuff from different regions any longer. Tried Canada and United States, with both CC and PayPal, using both Hola! and Tunnelbear VPNs, and it just doesn't work. Guess I'm stuck in Brazilian-without-Game-Pass ghetto now :(

Yeah, any help trying to get gamepass on Brazil would be great. Tried everything I could think of and no luck.

Paperboy

Please help GAF!

When I visit the Xbox Marketplace on my computer the Forza Horizon 3 VIP-addon is being shown under "Deals with Gold" with a 75% price cut. But when I click on it (when logged in of course) or visit the store on my Xbox One the regular price of ~€20 is shown. I have Xbox Gold. How do I get the addon with the sales price?
I'm located in Sweden.

Edit: It seems like it was part of last months deals and the website hasn't been updated yet.

Top Bottom