• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

International GAF: How to buy from US/UK Xbox One Game Store

B4D1E

I notice the standard version of destiny is unavailable on the hong kong store, any ideas why?

I think it's unavailable on any marketplace, they push you to buy the Launch Edition until the 16th September, for the same price. You get the Vanguard stuff (Emblem, some weapon, ...).

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Some more prices based on Indian store for FIFA 15.

Non EA Access
  • Standard - £27.3
  • Ultimate Team Edition - £29.32

EA Access
  • Standard - £24.57
  • Ultimate Team Edition - £26.39

Remember though it doesn't release until the 26th September in India. So while it's cheaper you will be playing it 3 days later unlike the Hong Kong store which releases on the 23rd September.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
Some more prices based on Indian store for FIFA 15.

Non EA Access
  • Standard - £27.3
  • Ultimate Team Edition - £29.32

EA Access
  • Standard - £24.57
  • Ultimate Team Edition - £26.39

Remember though it doesn't release until the 26th September in India. So while it's cheaper you will be playing it 3 days later unlike the Hong Kong store which releases on the 23rd September.

Can't you just change region and play it on the 23rd? The release time isn't baked into the games per region surely?

Has anyone bothered to go through all the different regions to check who is the cheapest? Is it India?

I was wondering something similar, if there is a thread keeping note of what region is cheapest for what?

I would assume that unless its a sale, it would be easy to track as prices barely change.

besiktas1

I was wondering something similar, if there is a thread keeping note of what region is cheapest for what?

I would assume that unless its a sale, it would be easy to track as prices barely change.
I checked countries who I assumed the currency not as strong as the pound sterling. Turkish, american, Indian etc.

Got a bit long restarting the console each region change...

I wonder if cheaper in some of those Asian countries...

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be

Might vary by game, FIFA 15 on Indian store is half the price of other regions, I suspect it might be a misprice or FIFA simply doesnt sell there?? But to only be marginally more than regular edition is bonkers. Wonder if they got the PC prices mixed up or something.

For other games I think HK is cheaper, Woflenstein on Indian store is practically as expensive as the UK price for example.

So it's gonna vary!

Maybe someone should make a website that tracks all this stuff....

Lima

It will be pretty easy to check it out before buying once the console officially launches in India and HK. Then you can check the store on the Xbox.com and there is no need to switch regions on the console.

B4D1E

It will be pretty easy to check it out before buying once the console officially launches in India and HK. Then you can check the store on the Xbox.com and there is no need to switch regions on the console.

I always wondered, but never dared to try. Say if I buy a game on Xbox.com/US and my console is set on another region (Belgium), will the game download without a problem?

NolbertoS

My ex gf was from the UK, i wonder if I could use her neighbourhood address, not nexessarily her address to create an Xbox UK account.

I always wondered, but never dared to try. Say if I buy a game on Xbox.com/US and my console is set on another region (Belgium), will the game download without a problem?

When you buy a game it is connected to your account, not your region. The only region lock in effect is that a pre-order unlocks at midnight in the region you bought it.

My ex gf was from the UK, i wonder if I could use her neighbourhood address, not nexessarily her address to create an Xbox UK account.

You should really read the OP. you don't need to create a new account, just change region and add valid billing information for the region you changed to.

B4D1E

When you buy a game it is connected to your account, not your region. The only region lock in effect is that a pre-order unlocks at midnight in the region you bought it.

Thanks for the response John. Now that we will get TV guide for Belgium, I know how to purchase my game without going back and forth on my console.

Is Forza Horizon 2 pre load available on India / HK store?

Be interesting to know how much it is (I am in work at the moment!)

EDIT: Apparently the Ultimate Edition is £50 in India which is only £5 more than the standard edition in the UK (£45)

Lettuce

What CC info do you need to alter for the India store then, or can you just use your actual own address for the CC?

Sanpei

7FwqgTP.png

US: 59,99$
HONG KONG : 429 $
INDIA: 3490 RP

FWCq4IZ.png

HONG KONG : 312 $
INDIA: 3500 RP

Qy7ny4s.png

US: 69,99$ (with EA ACCESS : 62,99$)
HONG KONG : 559 $(EA ACCESS : 503,10 $)
INDIA: 2900 RP (EA ACCESS : 2610 RP)

giFexf2.png

HONG KONG : 429 $
INDIA: 2700 RP

7FwqgTP.png

US: 59,99$ / £37
HONG KONG : 429 $ / £34
INDIA: 3490 RP / £35

FWCq4IZ.png

US: 59,99$ / £37
HONG KONG : 312 $ / £24.5
INDIA: 3500 RP - £35

Qy7ny4s.png

US: 69,99$ / £43 (with EA ACCESS : 62,99$ / £38.5)
HONG KONG : 559 $ / (EA ACCESS : 503,10 $)
INDIA: 2900 RP / £29 (EA ACCESS : 2610 RP / £26)

giFexf2.png

US: 59,99$ £37
HONG KONG : 429 $/ £34
INDIA: 2700 RP / £27

Added pounds conversions (roughly speaking using Google - depends on peoples exhange rates/cards)

Strange how the price varies from store to store. Dat Sleeping Dogs and Forza price.

Lettuce

Added pounds conversions (roughly speaking using Google - depends on peoples exhange rates/cards)

Strange how the price varies from store to store. Dat Sleeping Dogs and Forza price.

Hmmm, Alien: Isolation not up yet?...its out the same days as Shadow of Mordor isnt it? Need to know it there will be a digital version of the Ripley edition or not?

Lettuce

Hmm Forza Horizon 2 (Day One Edition) on the India store for me is Rs. 3,490.00 which works out about £35!. Not sure how your getting cheaper price??

Sordid

Hmm Forza Horizon 2 (Day One Edition) on the India store for me is Rs. 3,490.00 which works out about £35!. Not sure how your getting cheaper price??

The Indian store Forza prices went up recently iirc, it's slightly more expensive than HK now.

BloodR0se

Great thread, thanks guys. Just used this to pick up D4 as it's around £7.84 on the HK Store.

Does anyone know why some games are showing 'Play Game as Xbox One' instead of a price though? They're games that I don't own like Forza Horizon 2 and Fifa 15 and I've tried on both the HK and IN store. Is that because I'm using the Windows 8 SmartGlass app instead of the console?

Sordid

Great thread, thanks guys. Just used this to pick up D4 as it's around £7.84 on the HK Store.

Does anyone know why some games are showing 'Play Game as Xbox One' instead of a price though? They're games that I don't own like Forza Horizon 2 and Fifa 15 and I've tried on both the HK and IN store. Is that because I'm using the Windows 8 SmartGlass app instead of the console?

Using SmartGlass, search for games that don't list a price. For me multiple versions of Fifa and Forza appear and only some display the price :)

Warablo

Very very tempted to buy from the HK store for D4 ($1) and Metro Redux ($25). I am from the US though, so I haven't already risked my account buying from a different store.

Jakoozie89

Neo Member
How do you compare prices between regions for games? When I go to each individual country's xbox.com and click on titanfall, I either don't get a price or I get this error message "The Xbox One Games Store is not supported in your region at this time."

BloodR0se

How do you compare prices between regions for games? When I go to each individual country's xbox.com and click on titanfall, I either don't get a price or I get this error message "The Xbox One Games Store is not supported in your region at this time."

Use the console or SmartGlass. Xbox.com doesn't have an active store for these regions yet.

Very very tempted to buy from the HK store for D4 ($1) and Metro Redux ($25). I am from the US though, so I haven't already risked my account buying from a different store.

D4 was HKD$99 when I bought it yesterday ($12.77) and not $1 unless the price has changed since then or the console prices are different to what SmatGlass shows with HK Windows locale. If that's the case then I'm going to be devastated.

B4D1E

Use the console or SmartGlass. Xbox.com doesn't have an active store for these regions yet.

How do you change the region on Smartglass? I saw nothing in the app settings. On my iPad, it defaults to my itunes country. And take the country of the console when connected to it.

BloodR0se

How do you change the region on Smartglass? I saw nothing in the app settings. On my iPad, it defaults to my itunes country. And take the country of the console when connected to it.

You don't do it on iPad/Android you do it on Windows 8 and it's done by changing the PC system locale in Region and Language settings.

Top Bottom