• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

iPhone 5

Swag

The build quality and design as usual look absolutely amazing, wish that iOS was a bit more feature rich especially after using an S3 for a while, will probably pick one up when I get back to the US of A, especially considering the way every Apple device interacts within their ecosystem.

I still don't understand why they don't release more then just black and white, would kill for a Red or Blue version.

Cross posting this from the other thread about something I noticed:

Untitled-1.png

431429-610-406.jpg

They already used the catch phrase before. And the iPhone 4 was a bigger leap over its predecessor than the iPhone 5.

feel

Shame about no exciting surprises, but it was expected I guess. I find the phone sexy as hell, will definitely buy it asap.

PS: OP sucks, I want something nice on gaf to link to friends like I usually do :/

When are the release dates

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Screen size competition is going to be interesting in the coming years between iPhone and android. It is such an obvious difference between the two, far more obvious than the app advantage that iPhone has. I wonder if Apple will feel pressure to go bigger in a year or two.

dejay

Banned
It's slightly sexier and the bigger screen is welcome, but it's a bit naff at this stage of it's development. The extra row of icons really shows up the OS's age.

Unlike others I think the new Lightning plug is a great addition - it looks super easy to insert.

what a great op
He didn't feel like jail-breaking the banner before customising it.

Davedough

It's slightly sexier and the bigger screen is welcome, but it's a bit naff at this stage of it's development. The extra row of icons really shows up the OS's age.

Unlike others I think the new Lightning plug is a great addition - it looks super easy to insert.

He didn't feel like jail-breaking the banner before customising it.

Dont forget the EarPods... they deliver sound RIGHT TO YOUR EAR!

They already used the catch phrase before. And the iPhone 4 was a bigger leap over its predecessor than the iPhone 5.
The biggest leap since the last leap.

I guess this is more iOS 6 related but I might just ask here: will it use the same music player as the iPad, the one that can sort albums for an artist by release date?

Izick

Are people bitter about the iPhone, or that you made a shitty OP? There's no info or anything in it. Just a link to the site and a picture. You should have at least quoted Apple's press release or something, at least Wario did that and he didn't even make an OP.

Oh wait, everyones ""salty"" though. Forget it.

Gotchaye

iPhone 4 has a retina display. It was the first Apple product to get it.

Good to know that I've been living in the future all along. Guess that means I'm waiting to upgrade; the only other really appealing feature looks to be the turn-by-turn maps.

Edit: Now someone's probably going to tell me I can get the new maps app on my 4 as well.

Ultima_5

Happy I've yet to upgrade from my 4. the 5 and the 4s are pretty much the same phone... My contracts up this upcoming summer so I'm not sure what I'll do... I'm guessing the 5s will be pretty neat

Dali

I'm not an iPhoner, but I was excited to see what was coming. Pretty boring, Apple. I think the Camry analogy was spot on.

And yes your OP blows. No need to get defensive because people are calling you out for it being bare bones.

artist

Banned
Are people bitter about the iPhone, or that you made a shitty OP? There's no info or anything in it. Just a link to the site and a picture. You should have at least quoted Apple's press release or something, at least Wario did that and he didn't even make an OP.

Oh wait, everyones ""salty"" though. Forget it.
Not everyone, but a lot including you.

Look at this guy who's not getting his panties twisted;
People scour the internet for months looks for bits of info, various rumours etc etc then are disappointed when there's no big surprises.

Makes sense.

TheExodu5

Banned
I have an iPhone 4. I don't know what I want to do.

- I could keep paying $73/mo and get an iPhone 5.
- I could buy out of my contract, switch to Wind Mobile, get a Galaxy S3, and pay $32 a month for the same service.
- I could wait out the remaining 9 months of my contract, then switch to Wind.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood

Untitled-1.png

431429-610-406.jpg

It's a play on words about the size increase you muppet ;)

massoluk

Banned
I was totally expecting NFC at least. Granted, I don't even use mine on the Galaxy S3, but at this point, I felt it is one of the check boxes that oughta be ticked.

injurai

Banned
I have an iPhone 4. I don't know what I want to do.

- I could keep paying $73/mo and get an iPhone 5.
- I could buy out of my contract, switch to Wind Mobile, get a Galaxy S3, and pay $32 a month for the same service.
- I could wait out the remaining 9 months of my contract, then switch to Wind.

you should wait either way imo...

I'm definitely getting this new iPhone, as an upgrade from my 4, but I'm certainly not feeling the excitement I did back when I got my 4.

I don't even think that says anything negative about the iPhone 5. For me it's just that these phones are already so good, you can't really make them dramatically better. For me having a better camera and better battery life are the biggest improvements. Everything else is just gravy.

Dude Abides

Banned
How much will it cost? My 4S is all smashed up. I got it free from work but I'm not sure when I can get a new free one.

Phones and tablets are still limited by performance. It's exciting.

Not really on the phone front. Given the scope of most apps and the fragmentation of devices, you're not going to be making apps to push the hardware. Very few games will do that as well. To do so cuts off the scope of your potential audience.

Majine

Banned
Eeeh, now I feel like getting a 4S rather, seeing as it's cheaper than before. Wish they had a 32GB model tho.

Izick

Maybe you didnt read the part where I said I'll update it as more information comes out.

Yeah, but instead of making a good OP, you just basically posted a blank message with an iPhone 5 title so nobody else could. OP's should be about who can do one well, not first.

alphaNoid

Banned
I'm definitely getting this new iPhone, to upgrade from my 4, but I'm certainly not feeling the excitement I did back when I got my 4.

I don't even think that says anything negative about the iPhone 5. For me it's just that these phones are already so good, you can't really make them dramatically better. For me having a better camera and better battery life are the biggest improvements. Everything else is just gravy.

You can if you're not Apple, apparently. There are much better phones on the market.

To be honest I knew everything about the iPhone 5 already due to the accurate leaks, but I'm not sold. I have an iPhone 4 and the amount of additional features from the 4 to the 5 is too minimal for me.

They're running out of things to put in phones to get me to buy them.

I'm not talking about the 5, I just think you made a shitty OP just to be first.

:lol I for one prefer cleaner OPs that don't clutter the page. Nice and simple, a couple of pictures so I can see what the thing looks like and a link to the Apple site If I want more information.

Have you, and I know it's a scary thought but hear me out, thought to just click the link to Apple's site and find out what you need to know there?

Yeah, but instead of making a good OP, you just basically posted a blank message with an iPhone 5 title so nobody else could. OP's should be about who can do one well, not first.

He's waiting for more information to be released, duh. Like the price, and when it comes out. Oh wait.

Top Bottom