• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jaime Griesemer (Lead Designer InFamous: SS, Halo 3) has left Sucker Punch

Flipyap

343i pick him up now please.
And then what? Just let him undo every terrible idea they had in the last five years? That's not going to happen.
Anyway, he's too good at what he does to be wasting time fixing the mess other people made (on top of some his decade-old design, no less). I hope he'll get to design something new.

monome

He should land at Respawn and help them with the "SP" part of their next game.

Halo is more about the IP than the SP campaign and that's not gonna change.

PS : this dude's resume has me considering getting a PS4 for Infamous...

Chindogg

Damn make a wiseass remark about Sony's recent leavings and the SDF comes flying out.

Relax people, its not like I posted an absurd gif implying that Sony's dying all of a sudden.

Well, it's obvious you have an anti-Sony agenda because of the lack of a red beanie or Sony exec in your avatar. Don't even try to hide it.

OH GOD I'VE BEEN FOUND OUT.

I'm actually Don Mattrick.

m-night-shyamalan.jpg

Kade

Damn make a wiseass remark about Sony's recent leavings and the SDF comes flying out.

Relax people, its not like I posted an absurd gif implying that Sony's dying all of a sudden.

Well, it's obvious you have an anti-Sony agenda because of the lack of a red beanie or Sony exec in your avatar. Don't even try to hide it.

Jesus is there anyone left at Sony? Seems like a mass exodus lately.

Seriously, what the hell?

Hennig, Asmussen, now this guy!

Glad they at least got Barlog back.

They need to get some real talent back in house real soon to replace the losses they've had.

I wonder where he's headed.

Given his last career move, I would guess he's staying in Seattle, so the most obvious choices would be:
-Back to Bungie
-Microsoft
-Indie

There are other studios, but they don't seem like a super obvious fit for someone who makes AAA console games.
Why not Valve?

feel

Hire him Frankie and give him full control on Halo 6's gameplay for him to deliver a Halo 3 sequel (I assume it's too late to undo all the shit that has been brought back from Halo Reach and Halo 4 for Halo 5).

Cyberia

I appreciate all the well-wishes on the news that I am leaving Sucker Punch, but please don't take the timing as cause for concern about Second Son — it's a great game that I am proud to have on my resume and I can't wait for everyone to play it — or Sucker Punch — a studio on the rise with a bright future — or Sony — a great organization with some of the savviest, most pro-gamer executives in the business. And while I am honored to be mentioned in the same articles as legendary designers like Amy Hennig and Stig Asmussen, please don't look too hard for some sinister pattern.

The truth is that any creative, vibrant industry is necessarily volatile; the only sure bet is that the next few years will not look the same as the last. Change is part of the job, but along with the upheaval and uncertainty, there's opportunity and new challenges. It's an exciting time to be a free agent and I'm going to go see what's out there. Simple as that...

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/19/55...ucker-punch-infamous-second-son-lead-designer

Top Bottom