• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

James Avery Passes Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

inm8num2

This is from 2 years ago.

will-smith-fresh-prince-reunion.jpg

justjohn

Is it me or do we always have a famous death at this time of the year. Could have been Schumacher now it's James Avery.

rest in peace. Huge part of my childhood.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Noo, I loved him. He was a fantastic actor. He was 65 years young. Sucky way to kick off the new year. RIP James.

I remember his small role in License to Drive. Used to intimidate me growing up lol.

RIP.

He was one of the best TV dads of all time, up there with Howard Cunningham, John Walton, Heathcliff Huxtable, and Andy Griffith.

styl3s

I was going to leave my TMNT complete series party van sealed but now i have to break it open and binge on it.

You will always be Shredder to me. RIP James Avery.

Damn it, damn it what a horrible start to the year, This guy was in quite a bit of things from my childhood, RIP big guy... :(

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
RIP James Avery.

Uncle Phil is probably one of the best TV dads in Television history, and I'll always love the Shredder.

There was also this great documentary on Netflix about the history of blacks in the United States that he was the host/narrator for. I wish I could think of the name, but it was really good. I'll try and find it.

EDIT: Found it, it was called "A History of Black Achemivement in America." Very fascinating and insightful documentary. I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom