• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jez Corden (Windows Central): Halo Wars 2 is coming to Steam

Theorry

Haha wut.

also please take this as a rumor for now, I was drunk when I received the info and now I cannot track down where I got it, but! if it comes to Steam some time in the future remember this thread :')

#projournalism

nynt9

It still baffles me why they haven't pushed the Xbox App for their PC game delivery, instead of making people trawl through the Win store.

The Xbox App has the correct 'gamey' feel to it and can be further expanded in feature set to make it more attractive. Get gamers thinking they are double clicking their way into a game environment, same as the Steam icon does. Because the Win store and all that it contains certainly doesn't feel that way.

Probably lack of a consistent vision for the company and a directive to boost win store usage from up high. Their PC efforts in general have been pretty unfocused.

patapuf

I'm a bit confused by this move.

Is HW2 not a 1st-party game? Why would they not keep it exclusive to their own W10 Store?

Does this mean that other Xbox games, like Forza and Gears, will also release on Steam at a later date?

They most likely want to sell some copies of the game. Developping an RTS and not putting it on PC (and i don't think the W10 Store is much of a factor here) seems like poor business.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
QB isnt first party.

But it is a Microsoft game. It's Microsoft-published and both the game itself and IP are both owned by Microsoft. Remedy has no legal claim to it whatsoever; it's entirely Microsoft's product.

LordRaptor

It still baffles me why they haven't pushed the Xbox App for their PC game delivery, instead of making people trawl through the Win store.

The Xbox App has the correct 'gamey' feel to it and can be further expanded in feature set to make it more attractive. Get gamers thinking they are double clicking their way into a game environment, same as the Steam icon does. Because the Win store and all that it contains certainly doesn't feel that way.

Apart from the ridiculous fact it is branded "Xbox" - which is like making a magazine about cars called "Bicycles!" - doing so would raise all sorts of awkward questions about the purchases people made on the GFWL client, because it is functionally the exact same thing just rebranded.

Top Bottom