• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Judge resigns after calling counter-protesters ‘snowflakes’

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/judge-resigns-after-calling-counter-protesters-snowflakes/2017/08/17/47b99622-8366-11e7-9e7a-20fa8d7a0db6_story.html?utm_term=.5046f8224491

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — A Georgia judge has resigned after being suspended for commenting online that opponents of Confederate monuments are ”snowflakes" and ”nut cases."

Gwinnett County Magistrate Court Judge Jim Hinkle was suspended Tuesday while the court's chief judge, Kristina Hammer Blum, considered what action to take. Multiple news outlets now report that Blum said in a statement Wednesday evening that Hinkle had resigned.

The violence during a Charlottesville, Virginia, rally by white nationalists last weekend has stoked calls to remove Confederate statues in other parts of the South.

Hinkle wrote about the controversy on his Facebook page Saturday, saying: ”It looks like all of the snowflakes have no concept of history. ... Get over it and move on." A follow-up post Tuesday complained of ”the nut cases tearing down monuments."

wait. I'm confused. The person who wrote this thinks we should KEEP the confederate statues?

“It looks like all of the snowflakes have no concept of history. ... Get over it and move on.”

How is anyone this oblivious?

JCG

It's precisely because I have a concept of history that these monuments are shameful and despicable to me.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Snowflakes would bitch and moan, and then cower from any action.

These 'snowflakes' ripped these statues right down the very next day and some are facing charges for doing so. These 'snowflakes' stood up to a bunch of hate-filled Nazi's armed with nothing but words against men dressed and outfitted for mass murder and warfare.

Rip his ability to practice law ever again while at it.

“It looks like all of the snowflakes have no concept of history. ... Get over it and move on.”

Yes, exactly. The Confederates lost and it's time for the Neo-Nazi snowflakes to get over it and move on instead of wanting to keep their participation trophies everywhere.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
”It looks like all of the snowflakes have no concept of history. ... Get over it and move on."

Yes, it's true that the people who have a profound misunderstanding of history and are basing their emotional flailing related to confederate statues on their misunderstanding of history should get over it and move on because they are snowflakes...

VariantX

This just is stupid on multiple levels. He's crying about people no longer wanting to stand in the shadow of your loser monuments. Hes telling people to get over it, while forgetting there are plenty of people in the south right now flying confederate flag and adorning themselves with its imagery because they themselves, refuse to get over the fact they cant own other human beings anymore. History is as it happened, not how you feel about it.

Wait, who are the snowflakes? Weren't the neo Nazis and white supremacists protesting against the statue removal? And what are people getting over, the fact that the Confederacy was a failed secessionist nation that rebelled against the US (so they are a bunch of traitors) and founded to ensure they get to keep their slaves.

____

Racists are all across the nation and lots are in positions of power.

But hey, let's not forget - racism is dead, ya'll.

This will probably save men and women unfair sentences and rulings based on the bias this Judge has towards a certain demographic. I'm happy

Nepenthe

The irony must surely be lost on a shitlord who resigned outright from a suspension after calling people who disagree with white supremacy snowflakes.

Piecake

I also think it is pretty funny that he is calling other people snowflakes when the whole "Lost Cause" narrative is one of the biggest acts of snowflake-ism in history.

The South created a whole new history based on a fantasy and promoted it religiously so that they could feel better about themselves. If that isn't the act of a bunch of gigantic snowflakes, I don't know what is.

R0ckman

Wait did he snap and resign immediately knowing the grilling was coming? Or did he get the blowback and quit? Either way, he's looking like the true nutcase willing sacrificing his position to do more evil he desires because he babies out on facebook.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
"It's history!" Has become another right wing code word for "I'm racist!"

Not my heritage!

The intermingling of neo-Nazis and supporters of their racist past has done wonders for that argument. Finally getting the social pushback it deserved for years.

Glix

Snowflakes would bitch and moan, and then cower from any action.

These 'snowflakes' ripped these statues right down the very next day and some are facing charges for doing so. These 'snowflakes' stood up to a bunch of hate-filled Nazi's armed with nothing but words against men dressed and outfitted for mass murder and warfare.

Rip his ability to practice law ever again while at it.

Fuck yes. I love this post.

Top Bottom