• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Juggalo March on Washington September 16

Bulbasaur

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTNLtTOLCuw

To all the Gaffalos!

We are just over a week away from one of the most important events in Juggalo History! On Saturday, September 16th, we will all rally in Washington DC to demonstrate and march for our rights as both Juggalos and Americans!

You can get the program at JuggaloMarch.com or by clicking this link: http://juggalomarch.com/component/p...ch-downloads?download=1:juggalo-march-program

If you didn’t notice, there’s a timeline that includes events from 2 PM – 10 PM! That includes speeches, performances, testimonials, and lots more!

Omadahl

Banned
So.... the country is pretty much a joke at this point right? I mean, this has to be the nadir of things to protest for.

3a6.jpg

I thought Juggalos went extinct like 10 years ago?

They hold a juggalloo event each year like a jug fest or some such.

From what I've read its mostly broken but harmless people congregating in their common filth.

This one juggalloo auctioned off his nipple.

They throw trash and such at each other.

DiscoJer

So.... the country is pretty much a joke at this point right? I mean, this has to be the nadir of things to protest for.

I think it is actually a pretty big deal that the government put the fans of a band on a criminal gang list

Imagine if they did that to a band that didn't appeal to doofuses, but political activists?

KissVibes

Banned
"What happens if YOUR FAVORITE BAND IS NEXT???"

Well, I guess Blame Space and I would be labeled as members of the Brand New gang. Our gang-sign is us sobbing and slowly sinking to the floor.

I think it is actually a pretty big deal that the government put the fans of a band on a criminal gang list

Imagine if they did that to a band that didn't appeal to doofuses, but political activists?
First they came for the Juggalos and I said nothing because... well, they're Juggalos.

Omadahl

Banned

I wasn't aware of that. Being deemed a criminal gang is absolutely something to protest and I hope that they represent themselves well. I'm not going to pretend I understand or haven't ridiculed the concept of "juggalos" in the past, but this is one of those, "I don't agree, but I'll defend their right to say it," moments.

I wasn't aware of that. Being deemed a criminal gang is absolutely something to protest and I hope that they represent themselves well. I'm not going to pretend I understand or haven't ridiculed the concept of "juggalos" in the past, but this is one of those, "I don't agree, but I'll defend their right to say it," moments.

It says it on the website.
As many of you are no doubt personally aware, the FBI’s inclusion of Juggalos as a “gang” has resulted in hundreds if not thousands of people subjected to various forms of discrimination, harassment, and profiling simply for identifying as a Juggalo. Over the past five years, our legal team has heard testimonies and reports from Juggalos all over the nation who have lost custody of their children, been fired from jobs, denied access into the armed forces, and the most common consequence — being officially labeled as a gang member by law enforcement agencies for wearing Juggalo related clothing or brandishing one or more Juggalo tattoos. A simple traffic stop for a broken tail light can — and has — resulted in an otherwise law-abiding, hard-working, taxpaying citizen being put on a local or state list of gang members simply for displaying their Juggalo pride. Being labeled a gang member can be a permanent stain on an individual’s life, since it will come up in a simple background check every single time. Whether that person is applying for a job, trying to adopt a child, join the armed forces, or attempting to acquire housing … their name may pop up as being “gang-affiliated,” even if that person has never been charged with any kind of crime.

Stencil

I guess I get wanting to protest if people are losing their jobs, getting denied military service, losing kids etc. for being a juggalo. If all that is true.

Fight for your right, man, I mean, whatever. 2017.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Is there actually any documented cases of any of the things they're claiming actually happening?
Yes.

https://www.newsreview.com/sacramento/insane-criminal-prosecution-fbi-vs/content?oid=12580063
Before Brandon Bradley knew what was happening, on that dark street in Citrus Heights last January, two cops in bulletproof vests cornered him near a guardrail as they took photos of his tattoos and clothing, and accused him of being in a gang.

”I was really scared and just wanted to get that situation over with," Bradley, now 20, recalled during a recent interview at his apartment.

[...]

But ever since the FBI's National Gang Intelligence Center released a February 2011 report on emerging crime and gang trends within the Juggalo community, being ”down with the clown" has become synonymous with gangbanging in states like California, where at least four Juggalo subsets have been identified.

[...]

Before last year's frightening encounter with Citrus Heights cops, Bradley said he was stopped and hassled twice for being a proud and inked Juggalo.

The legal complaint, filed two weeks ago by the American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan, alleges that a Citrus Heights police officer stopped a bicycling Bradley in or around September 2012 and questioned him for 15 minutes about his musical tastes and tattoos, which include a Twiztid band logo couched inside of a retro-looking Batman symbol on his inner right forearm. After writing down his answers, Bradley said the officer let him go with a warning: Get a bicycle light.

About a month later, Bradley said he was crossing a street in downtown Sacramento when a sheriff's deputy stopped him and accused him of being in a gang. According to Bradley, the deputy took his wallet and identification and ran a background check. The deputy eventually let Bradley go with another warning: Use the crosswalk.

[...]

Of the six law-enforcement agencies that SN&R contacted, however, none could cite an example of Juggalo-related gang activity in recent years. Some had never even heard of them.

”Those are the ones who paint their faces like clowns, right?" one lieutenant wondered.

Yet, to date, 69 Juggalos have been validated as gang members in Sacramento County.

Despite a spotless record and plans to become a correctional officer, Bradley believes he's now on that list. ”To look up to somebody that's looking down on you, it feels very upsetting," he said.

[...]

”Juggalos are a gang," declared Citrus Heights police watch commander Jay Mackanin. ”I know sometimes they say they're not, but they are."

JABEE

The FBI has been threatening and harassing musicians and artists forever.

Hemingway and Ochs both committed suicide after being harassed by the FBI.

The FBI had a 500 page file on Ochs whose life deteriorated into a drunken mess. He lost his voice from being strangled in Chile and started saying Phil Ochs died at the Yippie protest during the Chicago 68 Democratic National Convention/Democratic anti-war beatdown. John Train, his new personality, killed Phil Ochs.

John Lennon was also harassed by the FBI and Nixon. They tried over and over to have him deported.

Charlie Chaplin was another artist who could not return to the United States because of the FBI.

All these cases involved them complaining about the FBI bugging their phone lines. All claims appear to have been proven true.

The FBI has long felt they have the authority to terrorize radical political actors in this country. (Including MLK)

I think telling/trying to get the artists to commit suicide is part of the playbook.

Growing up in the non-urban midwest I knew a LOT of them and as a group they certainly have some traits of a gang -- but typically the only illegal shit they really engage in is smoking weed, and they're very generous with outsiders on that front.

Also worth mentioning that ICP apparently tells them that if they're racist, or abusive to their partners or kids, or mess with gay people that they're going to hell to be raped by demons or whatever the clown version of hell is. All the ones I knew took that "family" shit seriously. Isn't there a video of them burning a confederate flag at one of their shows years ago?

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
So you guys have free speech but not freedom of expression like pictures of clowns on your garb. Seems inconsequential.

When will police catch up and use your iTunes library as proof? Could they not simply say "data shows that Rage Against the Machine fans are linked with breaking the law" and go after the left as a whole?

Is the KKK considered a gang in the US?

So you guys have free speech but not freedom of expression like pictures of clowns on your garb. Seems inconsequential.

When will police catch up and use your iTunes library as proof? Could they not simply say that data shows that Rage Against the Machine fans are linked with breaking the law and go after the left as a whole?

Is the KKK considered a Gang in the US?

No, they're perfectly free to wear the band's logos on their clothes or tattoo them on their persons. It's legal to walk down the street in a white hood or have clothing with white nationalist or gang identifiers, too.

The issue is that the police, in coordination with the FBI, have a list of things that might suggest involvement in a gang. This can lead to heightened suspicion or harassment from police. The government can't stop you outright for gang-related clothing unless you are breaking the law, as in the examples above (a "broken bike light" and "jaywalking"). But police are trained to find reasons to stop and question someone they believe might be in a gang, which is a danger to civil liberties.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.

When will police catch up and use your iTunes library as proof? Could they not simply say "data shows that Rage Against the Machine fans are linked with breaking the law" and go after the left as a whole?

Is the KKK considered a gang in the US?

The KKK is a terrorist organization.

Arcia

Banned
hold on -- they're protesting against Trump?

Juggalos are vehemently anti racist, so along with protesting against their unfair treatment as a gang (when they are really just fans of a band), they are also marching against an alt right/neo nazi rally on the same day same place.

The fact that juggalos provide a group for people (many poor or low educated) to become a part of instead of shitty right wing groups is great in my opinion.

Top Bottom