• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 on PS4 has 3min 30 sec loadings (post Day One patch)

ironcreed

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzkba84LeE4

Hasn't been my experience, but I'm playing on PC. Video above.

Here's my initial load times for Just Cause 3 running on:

Intel Core i7-4790K
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Samsung 840 EVO SSD

1:18 for initial startup and around 8 seconds after each death. Personally, when I was playing, I felt it was one of the faster loading open world games.

The game does look amazing on PC for sure.

Guymelef

Weirdest thing, I don't remember JC2 having too many technical issues.

I wonder what happened at Avalanche. Were the main team busy on Mad Max or something and this was done by a different team?

And yes, that online login shit is infuriating just to watch.

Mad Max: Avalanche Stockholm, creators of previous Just Cause.
Just Cause 3; Avalanche New York, new studio.

Vire

Holy slowdown batman. Anyone else see that in slashers stream? The explosion just caused it to dip in what looked like the 15's...

Seems like PC is the only way to go for this game.

ironcreed

Banned
Holy slowdown batman. Anyone else see that in slashers stream? The explosion just caused it to dip in what looked like the 15's...

Seems like PC is the only way to go for this game.

That is the first time I have seen it really hitch, but that is hardly a game breaker for me. I'll be more than fine. I just want that connection shit to get fixed.

I am going to stop streaming, lol.

I had no connectivity issues in like the half hour I played the game. It is probably some issue on Xbox Live.

Watched slasherjpc's stream and saw lots of dropped frames around explosions and shoot outs with a few guys on screen. Maybe a bad stream, I couldn't watch much more due he lost connection screan stopping the game

Also the animations looks very bad. I can't remember what they're like in JC2 but in this they look goofy.

Hasn't been my experience, but I'm playing on PC. Video above. (Quality is low, because I just uploaded it. It'll get better eventually.)

Intel Core i7-4790K
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Samsung 840 EVO SSD

1:18 for initial startup and around 8 seconds after each death. Note, I do log online. Personally, when I was playing, I felt it was one of the faster loading open world games.
Having played the game on PS4, these load times are lightning fast on PC. Wow.

Thanks for sharing. PC folks have nothing to worry about here.

Edit: These results are from SSD. Probably why it is so fast.

mosdl

How odd. Mad Max was pretty technically competent on consoles, I thought. Mostly steady frame-rate with loading times that were not mild enough that I can't recall them being an issue.

mad max was also pretty barren, little destruction, etc.

Why do people mention Bloodborne? Playing the old hunters DLC now and load times are 5 seconds minimum to 9 seconds maximum. Am I missing something here?

Lucifon

These server issues are causing the load times to be extended for sure. Just had an 8 minute load time to retry a challenge with it disconnecting mid load and me selecting offline mode. I really hope they sort this ASAP!

EctoPrime

The loading time could indicate a few things.
1. Dying hdd
2. Online connectivity issues.
3. Game not fully installed.

With the last item using Mordor goty as a comparison for loading times during installation.

Title screen
30 seconds installed
5 minutes partial install

Ingame
1 minute installed
9 minutes partial install. (including title screen time)

Hasn't been my experience, but I'm playing on PC. Video above. (Quality is low, because I just uploaded it. It'll get better eventually.)

Intel Core i7-4790K
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Samsung 840 EVO SSD

1:18 for initial startup and around 8 seconds after each death. Note, I do log online. Personally, when I was playing, I felt it was one of the faster loading open world games.

I wonder if the offline and online component is whats causing it.

Yudoken

If the consoles are higher spec, developers will find other ways to push the hardware and create bottlenecks elsewhere. It's why pretty graphics tend to always get priority over frame rates and load times.

It's a case of accepting the limitations of a $400 system

You can get for 400$ (or lower) a way better pc, especially 2nd hand in a good condition.
I did that with a friend, got a great looking pc with a i5 3570k, GTX 680, 64 gb Samsung SSD, 1 tb WD 1 TB 7200rpm and 8 gb ram in a really nice case from a local guy at ebay Kleinanzeigen (like craigslist but in germany).
Get a console for the few exclusive (if you need to) but play 3rd party and everything else on pc, that's the way to go this gen.

Intel Core i7-4790K
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970
Samsung 840 EVO SSD

Making me feel better, I have the new i5, but also the 970 and a new Sandisk SSD. I should be OK.

Dammit I hope there is something odd happening and it isn't every death that's anywhere near that long. Looking forward to this game but now I think I'm going to wait for the reviews on it. No way I'm putting up with load times even half that length if they're at all frequent.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Shame, i'm just glad they have a habit of releasing good performance PC ports.
Watched TB stream the game some, looks great actually.

Head.spawn

This gives my normal sandwich making time a boost, so now I can make a grilled cheese and tomato soup.. what's the problem?

MMaRsu

Banned
The loading time could indicate a few things.
1. Dying hdd
2. Online connectivity issues.
3. Game not fully installed.

With the last item using Mordor goty as a comparison for loading times during installation.

Title screen
30 seconds installed
5 minutes partial install

Ingame
1 minute installed
9 minutes partial install. (including title screen time)

I doubt my hdd is dying, and the game is fully installed. I bet that when Ill play offline without being connected to the internet with my ps4 the load times will still be bad.

Remember the Bloodborne enablers pre-patch?

"Just means you have to get good."

"Gives you time to reflect on your mistake."

"A design choice that reflects the game's punishing atmosphere."

I bet those guys are positively buoyant right now.

BhRV1A3.gif

What game is that from? Looks familiar.

SJRB

Gold Member
I doubt my hdd is dying, and the game is fully installed. I bet that when Ill play offline without being connected to the internet with my ps4 the load times will still be bad.

They are. I've been playing offline and loading times can be pretty harsh. Not 3 minute-terrible though, but harsh nontheless.

Xando

Played 4h on PS4 now. Loading times after death are 10-20 seconds. Video in the OP seems to be a bug. Had one loading screen that was really long (not sure what was different compared to the other loading screens).

Connecting to square servers is a far bigger issue than loading times

Played 4h on PS4 now. Loading times after death are 10-20 seconds. Video in the OP seems to be a bug. Had one loading screen that was really long (not sure what was different compared to the other loading screens).

Connecting to square servers is a far bigger issue than loading times

Same as my experience, longest load time encountered was about 2 mins after retrying a challenge. But in general all have been less than a minute barring the initial load.

Foffy

Banned
Wait.

This an always-online single player game, based on some of the posts here?

If so, f u c k this game. You know pirates are gonna have a more stable time when they bust this shit.

Even offline it's trying to connect to a server?

Aselith

Wait.

If so, f u c k this game. You know pirates are gonna have a more stable time when they bust this shit.

It seems like they're wanting to send out challenges so it defaults to online mode but there is an offline mode which is buggy and still tries to connect. Hopefully not too hard to fix the offline mode to work properly and hopefully the online portion gets sorted quickly also.

Getting score attack style challenges isn't bad in concept seems like the implementation is just a bit off at the moment. They're definitely not barring you from the game offline.

Wait.

You can play offline. It just constantly tries to update scores, etc. Also sorry I never returned to stream more. Thought I would have more time but wife and daughter got home so family time started. It's a super fun game so far though. I have a feeLing it will get 8s and 7s.

Xando

Wait.

Even offline it's trying to connect to a server?
There is a offline mode which does not seem to work as intended though. It tries to log in to square servers every 10-15 minutes

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
nbnt please confirm y/n
A bit LTTP lol but here it is (PS4, patched):

Initial loading and logging in: ~2:10 minutes.
First death (just crashing a plane) loading: 46 seconds.
Second death loading after making some chaos: 35 seconds.
Third death loading after making even bigger chaos: 26 seconds.
Fast traveling to a close location loading: 31 seconds.
Fast traveling to a far location: 46 seconds.

Whatever this guy ran into, I couldn't replicate it.

artsi

Always online components freak me out after MGSV.

Offline all the menus are quick but go online and watch every fucking menu interaction lag while it connects to the server and does... something.

linko9

Can someone explain the use of "Marmite" in this article? Was it a typo, or this some UK expression I've never heard?

Top Bottom