• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 3 on PS4 has 3min 30 sec loadings (post Day One patch)

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
oh god no, that's terrible. Dying is part of fun in these games. I can't wait that long. 3min front of a tv, doing nothing sounds insanely long

NXGamer did a video on the XBONE version - he says he gets really long (up to 15 minutes!) loading times if you play for a long time, seems to be a memory leak, with day 1 patch.

Yikes.

Thought I blue screened at 4:38 lol.

NXgamer analysis backs up what I saw in the stream, a very typical 20-30fps game that were plentiful last gen. Not a big deal though going by the comments of people playing already.

DirtyLarry

Have had this on my GameFly rental queue for months.
Sounds like this was the prudent choice.
Still looking forward to checking it out, as I have loved the series overall.

hawk2025

NXgamer analysis backs up what I saw in the stream, a very typical 20-30fps game that were plentiful last gen. Not a big deal though going by the comments of people playing already.

It's always the same shit from some people playing early:

"It's fine"

The biggest warning sign of the generation for me is reading the words "It's fine".

Chobel

giphy.gif

LOL!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Updated impressions:

The game is starting to click with me despite the technical hiccups.

After a slow start trying not to lose Rico's teeth to a wall/rock/tree every time I used the wing suit , the games controls are starting to open up in a comfortable way to experiment at my own pace.

The story, although it's still a chore, is thankfully designed in way that requires you to go out and wreck havoc on your own to progress.

And that to me is smart, because it's what's been helping me get slowly acquainted with my own play style and the kicks I get out of playing a game like this.

This game is pure sandbox. Huge. You need to play well, and make shit happen, because it's not gonna set itself up for you. It's not press X to awesome because it takes a considerable amount of dexterity to coordinate a stylish sequence of destruction worthy of a Michael Bay movie.

And the share button is a blessing if you wanna bask in your skills. You'll be too busy in the zone to fully register what you just did, that's if you care about making it out of the wreckage unscathed and in style.

The gear mods are definitely set up so that you ease yourself into each new mechanic without overwhelming you. It took me forever to get my head around the reel in boost into wing suit alone.

It's all about emergent gameplay. Plain and simple. Yet, there's nothing rushing you or penalizing you for not falling in with a script. Which gives you breathing room to test out things you've discovered. Like this:

Sniper Nest Twist Off

Which I personally find fucking awesome and satisfying, but whether these little things justify the purchase and are enough to overlook the roughness right now, YMMV.

I really do hope Avalanche manages to iron out the kinks in the coming months. Hopefully sooner.

But, fwiw, I went from buyers remorse to satisfied in a short span.

So don't write this off on console just yet.

Resilient

man, i want to play this, but don't think i'd be able to stomach the PS4 version, and the xbone version isn't fairing well either. which leaves PC, but i don't want a new GPU until HBM2 :( sad times..

OMG
THIS POST has me fucking dying holy shit. lmfao. lmaoooooooo.

timmyp53

man, i want to play this, but don't think i'd be able to stomach the PS4 version, and the xbone version isn't fairing well either. which leaves PC, but i don't want a new GPU until HBM2 :( sad times..

OMG
THIS POST has me fucking dying holy shit. lmfao. lmaoooooooo.

I never noticed his shirt actually says: Music Band. Lol.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.

I don't get it, lol

Edit:

I'm not old you assholes! :p

I just can't really appreciate what's happening if I'm focused on making it happen..

Does that not make sense?

This is interesting as I've played for about 2 to 3 hours per session and never had 15 minute loads. Def odd.

People are not putting into account that a memory leak can happen if your console is put to instant on rather than energy saving, which is why I never put my console(nor the PS4) in that option since some games tend to get rather weird with it. I also have installed the game on an external HDD so it's kind of hard to pinpoint what the problem is unless we have all the details but I definitely didn't have screen tearing nor a long ass loading time(15 minutes lol) save for the first time I started the game.

However I did have FPS drops once big explosions happen compared with physics stuff, then again I only played for 2 hours so I should play more to give a full take on my impressions but I really enjoyed what I saw and played. Obviously, like JC2, it'll shine on PC.

Yep.

I played all of my multiplatform games on PS3 last gen. So a little shoddy performance here and there is nothing for me.

Top Bottom