• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

roaSone

I can't believe we are already at the end of the year. I don't care about the awards but give us some sick performances again Melon/MAMA !
And an eye-catching red carpet :>

PInk Tape

Banned
f(x) 2nd Win @ Music Bank
b177fe33de.gif

and the way Brown Eyed Girls rushed out.
e2fdd528ed.gif

ahh.gif
Nnnn @ the
unintended
shade

WjCvJQr.png

Jay went in.

VAYEc.gif

Hellix

First 4 of the Unpretty Rapstar 2 semi-final tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPNPxy1b0BE KittiB - "Ronda Rousey Flow"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1S-QqYF18Q Jiyoon-"This Ain't Me" (feat. BTOB Illhoon)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdR2pJrCI1U Sistar's Hyolyn-"My Love" (feat. Basick)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALLAET0GFiw Heize-"Don't Make Money" (feat. EXO's Chanyeol)

And the first 2 semi-final winners were shown on today's episode -
KittiB over Jiyoon, Hyorin over Heize (wtf, she sang her song - Starship sajaegi #EVERYBODYKNOWS)

How the fuck does Hyorin win over Heize?

Eldren

RRF is BY FAR the best song from UPRS2 and probably my second favourite song from the entire show after Puss. She sounds so good. I'm super nervous about the final though because I don't want Fraudy and her minstrel show act to win.

Looking forward to all the end-of-year fun coming up soon, always a good time of year for kpop stuff.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Shit the URS2 spoilers are 100% on the mark so far. Pretty sure it was legit.
Knetz, inetz, everybody about to fucking go insane.

isuzu

Suga looked so happy ;____;
IZozME4.jpg

lkJsHne.gif

ob56b7W.gif

the slayage was real

them not being nominated for best dance at MAMAs is bullshit but at least I'll rejoice when EXO takes it from Big Bang
Jyhn2Xq.gif

Red Velvet - Hello (Immortal Song 2)
They did pretty well, their harmonies are beautiful.

Pretty good, but they ain't no Mamamoo.

Not hating though.

Just mentioning since they finally won a trophy in Immortal Song in that same episode with this song.

This isn't my favorite performance tbh. Road To Sampo is the god-tier performance they did at IS2... sucks that they didn't win it with that song, but it's seriously one of the best live performances I've ever seen of any artist worldwide.

roaSone

Pretty good, but they ain't no Mamamoo.

Not hating though.

Just mentioning since they finally won a trophy in Immortal Song in that same episode with this song.

This isn't my favorite performance tbh. Road To Sampo is the god-tier performance they did at IS2... sucks that they didn't win it with that song, but it's seriously one of the best live performances I've ever seen of any artist worldwide.
Incredible performance again.
Mamamoo are on a complete different level when it comes to vocals, Wendy in admiration mode speaks for it, even though she doesn't have to blush that much when it comes to her own performance in my opinion.

llehuty

1. Is onehallyu you the best Eng kpop forum?

2. What is your choice for 2015 track of the year?

1. K-pop GAF thread. But seriously, I don't think there is a good eng kpop forum (at least that I'm aware off). You will only find stupid fanwars, hyperbole and shitty reaction gifs in most of the cases.

2. Really hard question this year. For me:
Stellar - Vibrato
f(x) - 4 Walls
Wonder Girls - I feel you
Gain - Paradise Lost
9muses - Hurt locker

It's probably Vibrato if I had to pick only one.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Incredible performance again.
Mamamoo are on a complete different level when it comes to vocals, Wendy in admiration mode speaks for it, even though she doesn't have to blush that much when it comes to her own performance in my opinion.

Yeah, Wendy to me seems like she had the same vocal coach as Sica and Fany. Raw and sometimes uncontrollable, but when she puts her all in it, she's able to pull of something amazing.

1. K-pop GAF thread. But seriously, I don't think there is a good eng kpop forum (at least that I'm aware off). You will only find stupid fanwars, hyperbole and shitty reaction gifs in most of the cases.

Lol yep.

K-Pop GAF's appeal to me is the ability for a lot of us to call out bullshit. I was enjoying the schadenfreude when Sica left Soshi, but if you went to r/Kpop or Soshified, or anywhere else really, it was like the end of the of the world.

As for #2...

Jane Jang - Climax
Lim Kim - Upgrader
4Minute - Crazy
Primary feat. Suran - Gold Finger
Wonder Girls - Faded Love and I Feel You
Verbal Jint, Phantom feat LE - Gwi Arae
Red Velvet - Cool World and Dumb Dumb
IU - The Shower
f(x) - 4 Walls
Kisum - You & Me
Crush - Oasis

Yep, that's about 13 songs to pick which is an impossible task. I think if I limit it to their main singles then yeah it'll be easier to pick... maybe lol.

PInk Tape

Banned
서인영 (Seo In-young) - 소리질러 (TEASER)

I'm kinda excited to see this.

1.) Nah, KPopGaf is. Everyone in here is chill, cordial, and respectful of people's opinions. It's like a KPop discussion sanctuary compared to OneHallyu and AllKpop.

2.) Uh, I was actually thinking about this the other day and I'm not sure if I'll be able to narrow down one specific song of the year since 2015 has had so many quality releases. Like...

Wonder Girls - I Feel You
Kisum - You & Me
Brown Eyed Girls - Warm Hole
BTS - I Need You and Dope
4Minute - Crazy
Monsta X - Hero
F(x) - 4 Walls and Papi
GOT7 - If You Do
Lim Kim - Awoo
Red Velvet - Automatic and Cool World
Primary - Don't Be Shy and U

15 nominees this year and only one can win.

6ic8TJH.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
http://youtu.be/TtMTjVNBK2MM

Looks like Naeun got more nose work done. Don't know why she would want to mess with perfection. Namjoo looks different, too. I blame Hyuna. :p

Edit: Recent vapp videos make it seem like maybe not. Possibly bad makeup/lighting for awards?

Anyway, RV won best album as they should have.

isuzu

1. Nope. Gaf is. For funny content it's this brazilian kpop group on facebook but since it's in portuguese it doesn't count. I really wish there was an english equivalent, though.
2. BTS - I Need U
everything about it is perfect. from production to concept, choreo, MV, everything. live performances were also really great (watching it live is something else). It's the song that represents 2015 for me, easily.

and Papi

Pendulum

Somin has left April. She's still with DSP, and April will be a 5 member group.

I'm sure it was a tough decision for her after having finally debuted, but I'm happy she decided this. I didn't feel like April's style suited her. I only hope she gets out of DSP soon because I don't see them doing anything for her.

Top Bottom