• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ken-Ichiro Imaizumi (Konami Senior Producer): No MGR2, sorry.

Dawg

56642915b5853814bdb39d2aac424509.png

https://twitter.com/Ken1555/status/610083148127272960

nofcuksgivenkprcy.gif

Because Konami doesn't give back what they take
Oh no
There will be tears-shed
It’s the only thing I’ve ever known

Losing my sequel
Wondering have I gone insane
To find the truth in front of me
I must climb this E3 stage
Looking downward from this deadly height
And never realizing they meant announcing this E3

Good effort, novel idea, but needs some work

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Im on a public bus and I think im beginning to cry.

bigol

He says "I can't tell future plans" and the meaning is " i can't foresee future plans".

He is not saying " i can't talk about future plans"

Right now there are no plans for MGR2, unfortunately

jett

D-Member
Anyone capable of using their noggin would've figured this out exactly the moment Kojima got the boot.

I can only say I'm glad I made my peace with this a long time ago and was not expecting MGR2 at all.

bigol

It - and all the silly "MGR 2nd Anniversary!" stuff was probably about MGR2, it all happened prior to the Konami/Kojima stuff going to shit and hasn't come up since.

At the same time they released the MGR Anniversary video Imaizumi already said it was nothing about Metal Gear Rising 2

geoff.JPG

It - and all the silly "MGR 2nd Anniversary!" stuff was probably about MGR2, it all happened prior to the Konami/Kojima stuff going to shit and hasn't come up since.

Since theyve first denied any connection logo before then actually saying it was allegedly for the anniversary, it was most likely some troll leadinv into a ,,surprise announcement" of 2.
I thought it could have survived the Konami fallout but apparently not. After this weeks teasing, I got hopeful since I really couldnt see Activision wanting another Korra, or IGN/Keighley hyping up something like that (pg kellams tweets didnt help either), buut yeah......

Ganondorfo

You know,, I so hope that they announce a new Rising, the thread will be massive when it's announced. But what I dont understand, all these developers know that everyone wants sequels of their favorite games of last gen, why don't they create it?

Maybe Neogaf/Reddit isn't the real world, but still, if I was working at a company like that, I would greenlight a sequel of Rising very fast.

Menthuss

You know,, I so hope that they announce a new Rising, the thread will be massive when it's announced. But what I dont understand, all these developers know that everyone wants sequels of their favorite games of last gen, why don't they create it?

Maybe Neogaf/Reddit isn't the real world, but still, if I was working at a company like that, I would greenlight a sequel of Rising very fast.

Because Gaf is only a tiny part of the whole gaming community.

I cannot wait for Konami to realize what theyve done after MGS5 is a monumental success

That damn 2 at the taipei games show made it look like the stars had aligned

MGR2 isn't cancelled, it simply isn't ready yet.

What I was trying to say is that MGR2 isn't ready to be cancelled yet. We have to announce it first then we will cancel it in our future plan.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
The last tweets from Imaizumi .... dang. Pretty clear that their done with Konami after MGSV.

Mad love to KojiPro. Will buy MGSV asap as with every MGS.

Instro

Would Platinum even work on MGR2? Kojima has quite a few friends there, I'm not sure they would even want to work with Konami after what happened.

Top Bottom