• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KFC secret recipe potentially revealed by the Colonel's nephew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dyno

Just last week I was making chicken breast for dinner and since we were light on ingredients I decided to wing it. I floured the breasts and while they were pan frying i sprinkled a lot of salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. The whole table agreed it tasted alot like KFC.

Salt, pepper, and itakian spices are more than half of the list it seems.

shoplifter

iTufMajVto9BS.gif

dity

I hear that the flour is actually Colonel Sanders' bones ground into a fine powder. That's what makes it so crispy.

jstripes

Banned
I've been to Sanders Cafe. I'm honestly not surprised at all that the recipe was hidden somewhere in all that memorabilia.

If only chemists existed. We could find the recipe out very easily.

yaaAJ.png

"According to the gas chromatograph, the secret ingredient is… love."

Darryl

Banned
poor dude has probably spend his life shopping this recipe around and no takers, and finally decided to leak the goods in exchange for a story

KFC is trash. I'm going to Popeyes yall.
The quality of the KFC chicken itself is garbage tier. Last time I had it, each piece had very little actual chicken. It was mostly just bones. Very disappointing.

And for whatever damn reason, the KFCs around me are always extremely dirty, and have about a 75% chance of screwing up your order no matter how simple it may be.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Just cross referenced it with the leaked one from a few years back and the only difference I see is salt vs. onion salt. So it was almost right on back then.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
They're locales look decrepit. Popeye's been killing them.

There's only like one or two left in the area anyway, in weird out of the way places.

If I want chicken I generally go to Raising Cane's, not for quality of food, but simplicity and quality of service.

Their menu is literally Chicken strips, bread, and fries. It's hard to fuck up.

Fury451

Banned
I thought this was already known to some degree, but maybe the quantity to use wasn't.

Regardless, the "secret recipe" is basically a marketing gimmick. Knowing the recipe isn't going to result in everyone suddenly making their own. You go to KFC for convenience of not making overly salted and soggy fried chicken yourself, or desperation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom